Last Updated on December 14, 2022
If you’re looking to be part of a growing and dynamic engineering program, Louisiana Tech University is your school. Our Engineering Scholarships encourage you to give us a try. We have something for everyone: engineering, business, communication and other majors. We offer more than 70 undergraduate programs. Many of our students attend our nationally ranked engineering program, which boasts a 99% job placement rate after graduation. That’s just one of the reasons why we earned an A+ rating
The Louisiana Tech Scholarships page is the best place to start if you want to get financial help while attending college. The scholarships offered change often and may or may not still be available when you are ready to apply (so apply early!). The Louisiana Tech Scholarships page is maintained by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, which also has links to dependency verification forms, university-wide scholarships, athletic scholarships, grant programs, employment opportunities as well as other valuable resources for students.
The Mechanical Engineering department at the Louisiana Tech University offers several scholarships for both undergraduates and graduate students. The Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science offers four different prestigious scholarships for incoming freshmen who have an ACT score of 24 and above. Scholarships are renewed each year provided you maintain a 3.0 GPA or better in all Louisiana Tech classes, as well as continuing to be a full-time student taking normal course loads. Most scholarship winners in the past have graduated with no problem and go on to do really well in everything that they do.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science offers four different prestigious scholarships for incoming freshmen who have an ACT score of 24 and above. Scholarships are renewed each year provided you maintain a 3.0 GPA or better in all Louisiana Tech classes, as well as continuing to be a full-time student taking normal course loads. Most scholarship winners in the past have graduated with no problem and go on to do really well in everything that they do.After studying Louisiana Tech engineering, you’ll have access to some of the best in the industry, who will help guide you through your studies. This challenge and support is designed to develop your skills and leadership qualities in a supportive environment.
Louisiana tech engineering scholarships does not have to be a lengthy process, though the application process is critical for prospective students from developing countries who are considering applying for a college or university abroad.
CollegeLearners offers you a chance to explore keywords louisiana scholarships, louisiana tech admission requirements, la tech transfer scholarships, la tech athletic scholarships, and louisiana tech financial aid.
The Office of Student Financial Aid is not the awarding agent for any scholarships. However, Financial Aid tracks all scholarships including private scholarships from outside sources. The Admissions Office awards scholarships to incoming students, and various Departments and Colleges award scholarships to both incoming and continuing students. Some students may receive scholarships and/or assistance from outside sources. You should notify us immediately of any outside aid which you are receiving or expect to receive, which doesn’t appear on your award letter. If you are not eligible to receive any aid listed, please make a note on your award letter and we will correct our records and adjust your aid accordingly.
Scholarships listed on your award letter are not official offers of aid. Any scholarship that appears on your award letter may be only an estimate based on information you reported or from prior year awards. Any scholarship or assistance, other than federal aid, that appears on your award letter is not an official offer. If additional assistance is received at any time during the school year, an adjustment to your original award may be made to prevent an overaward of federal aid.
Overaward: In the event the student’s total aid exceeds his federal financial need or the cost of attendance, any federal loan aid shall be reduced, then institutional and other aid in accordance with the institutional practice, then State Scholarships and Grants (including TOPS if applicable), shall be reduced by the amount of any remaining overaward.
Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS)
Mechanical Engineering Scholarship
- The scholarship recipient(s) must be registered and remain registered as a full-time student for the quarter in which he/she receives the scholarship at Louisiana Tech University.
- The student must be majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
- The student must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Welcome to the Louisiana Tech University online scholarship system!
- If you are a student and this is your first time, please click on Sign Up in the top-right, and follow the instructions.
- Please use your LaTech email address to log in.
YOU MUST BE ADMITTED TO LOUISIANA TECH TO LOGIN AND COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS.
Many of our scholarships are “automatch”. This means the system will match you to all the scholarships you are eligible for – you do not need to individually choose these scholarships to apply for.
- If the Actions column says “none”, there is no further action required by the student. If you meet the selection criteria, you will automatically be matched to the scholarship.
- If the Actions column says “Apply”, this scholarship has supplemental questions to be answered.
- If the Actions column says “Ended”, the deadline has passed and the scholarship is no longer taking applications.
Statement of Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity
It is the policy and practice of the University to treat all candidates for scholarships with dignity and respect and to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to color, race, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, military status or any other category protected by law. In addition, the University prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or who participates in any investigation of such reports. This policy covers all scholarship award actions, including distribution of applications, selection process and continuance of scholarship funding.
The University will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, a fundamental alteration of an academic program, other accommodations are available than the requested accommodation, or, where doing so would cause a direct threat to the health or safety of the individual or others. This policy governs all aspects of the scholarship award process, including distribution of applications, selection process and continuance of scholarship funding. All information provided regarding any impairment will be handled confidentially to the extent allowable by law.
Candidates for scholarships with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the scholarship award process are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of the Compliance & Title IX Coordinator so any such questions or concerns may be addressed promptly.Search by KeywordOpportunities Table
|Varies||CRRSAA GrantSummary Louisiana Tech University has established the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Grant to provide…||Deadline06/11/2021|
|Varies||Henderson Sisters Scholarship – Continuing StudentsHenderson Sisters Continuing Student Scholarship Selection Criteria: Applicants must be degree-seeking and full-time enrolled…||Deadline07/01/2021|
|Varies||Henderson Sisters Scholarship – Incoming FreshmanHenderson Sisters Scholarship – Incoming Freshman Selection Criteria: Applicants must be admitted to Louisiana Tech University Applicants must…||Deadline07/01/2021|
|Varies||OMA Diversity Book Scholarship – Continuing StudentsOMA Diversity Book Scholarship – Continuing Students Selection Criteria: Applicants must be degree-seeking and full-time enrolled…||Deadline07/01/2021|
|Varies||OMA Diversity Book Scholarship – Incoming FreshmanOMA Diversity Book Scholarship – Incoming Freshman Selection Criteria: Applicants must be admitted to Louisiana Tech University Applicants must…||Deadline07/01/2021|
|Varies||Potts-Robinson Scholarship – Continuing StudentsPotts-Robinson Continuing Students Scholarship Selection Criteria: Applicants must be degree-seeking and full-time enrolled students Applicants…||Deadline07/01/2021|
|Varies||Potts-Robinson Scholarship – Incoming FreshmanPotts/Robinson Incoming Freshman Scholarship Selection Criteria: Applicants must be admitted to Louisiana Tech Applicants must be a US citizen…||Deadline07/01/2021|
|Varies||Children of Fallen Heroes ScholarshipUnder this scholarship, beginning with the 2018-2019 award year, a Pell-eligible student whose parent or guardian died in the line of duty while…||Deadline08/15/2021|
|Varies||Arbuthnot-Scharer Endowed ScholarshipKatherine A. Scharer and David H. Scharer established the Arbuthnot-Scharer Endowed Scholarship for the students at Louisiana Tech…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Arkla Energy Resources EndowmentArkla Energy Resources provided the fund to start the “Arkla Energy Resources Endowment” for Louisiana Tech University. Selection…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Carolyn M. Holley Endowed ScholarshipCarol E. Holley established the “Carolyn M. Holley Endowed Scholarship” for consideration in educational work for Louisiana Tech…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Charles Allen and Irene Thompson Terrill Endowed ScholarshipDorris Terrill Hewitt, Nan Terrill Wibker, and Jack A. Terrill donated the “Charles Allen and Irene Thompson Terrill Endowed Scholarship” to…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Cynthia Ann Luffey Endowed ScholarshipGarry E. Luffey, M.D. and Jan Luffey donated the “Cynthia Ann Luffey Endowed Scholarship” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Defreese Endowment ScholarshipSelection Criteria: Recipient must have a minimum 3.0 High School GPA. Recipient must not have an ACT composite score of more than…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Dorothy L. and Frank A. Therrell, Jr. Endowment ScholarshipFrank A. Therrell, Jr., donated the ” Dorothy L. and Frank A. Therrell, Jr. Endowment Scholarship Fund” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||George & Sally P. Stovall EndowmentSelection Criteria: Recipient must be an Incoming Freshman. Recipient must have a minimum 3.0 High School GPA. Recipient must not have an ACT…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Gladys Foster and Samuel Wadelle Williamson Endowed ScholarshipBeth Shriner donated the “Gladys Foster and Samuel Wadelle Williamson Endowed Scholarship” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||J. Quitman Long Family EndowmentLouisiana Tech made a huge impact on Jared Quitman Long’s life by allowing him to secure a degree when he financially could not afford to do so. …||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||John E. O’Shea Sr. Endowed ScholarshipThe “John E. O’Shea, Sr. Endowed Scholarship” was created in honor of John E. O’Shea, Sr. and shall be held by Donee as part of its permanent…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Lane Family Endowed ScholarshipAndrew Lane Plauche donated the “The Lane Family Endowed Scholarship” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection Criteria: Recipient must be an…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Louis E. Pirkle Endowment ScholarshipLouis E. Pirkle and Frances Rue Pirkle donated the “Louis E. Pirkle Endowment” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection Criteria: Recipient must…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Mary Dee Haddox Memorial Scholarship EndowmentCharles E. Haddox donated the “Mary Dee Haddox Memorial Scholarship Endowment” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection Criteria: Recipient must…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Mary Lucille P. Sanders EndowmentMary Lucille Pixley Sanders recognized the need for and the value of education. The endowment was established in 1997 by Judy Sanders Halterman…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||McElveen Endowed ScholarshipSelection Criteria: Recipient must be an Incoming Freshman. Recipient must have a minimum 3.0 High School GPA. Recipient must not have an ACT…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Melray Scurlock Family Endowed ScholarshipFirst preference shall be given to a descendant of Clarence Ray Scurlock and Melba G. Scurlock. Second preference shall be given to students who…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Mitchiner-Gittinger Family Foundation EndowmentMitchiner-Gittinger Family Foundation donated the “Mitchiner-Gittinger Family Foundation Endowment” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||O.L. and Carletta Waltman ScholarshipJerold Waltman and Lee Waltman donated the “O.L. and Carletta Waltman Scholarship” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection Criteria: Recipient…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Patrick F. Taylor Foundation Endowed ScholarshipThe Patrick F. Taylor Foundation donated the “Patrick F. Taylor Foundation Endowed Scholarship” for and in the consideration of educational work…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Rebel Lunch Bunch ScholarshipDona Funderburk endowed the “Rebel Lunch Bunch Scholarship”. Selection Criteria: Recipient must be an Incoming Freshman. Recipient must have a…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Risdon E. Woodard Endowment ScholarshipAnnette Richardson Woodard donated the “Risdon E. Woodard Endowment” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection Criteria: Recipient must be an…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Sowers, Willie Vance EndowmentIn Elizabeth Sowers will, she granted 10% of her liquid assets, not to exceed $25,000, to Louisiana Tech University, to establish the Winnie Vance…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Susan Woodard Burke Memorial ScholarshipColdwell Banker and J. Wesley, Dowling & Associates, Inc., donate “Susan Woodard Burke Memorial Scholarship” to Louisiana Tech…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||T.L. James Student Scholarship FundGeorge D. Williams and Enajames B. Williams donated the “T.L. James Student Aid Fund” scholarship to Louisiana Tech University. Selection…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Tommy Lacroix ScholarshipJohn T. and Ester Lacroix donated the “Tommy Lacroix Scholarship” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection Criteria: Recipient must be an Incoming…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Tommy Ray Nichols West Monroe Civitan Club Endowed ScholarshipThe West Monroe Civitan Club donated the “Tommy Ray Nichols West Monroe Civitan Club Endowed Scholarship” for and in consideration of the…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Virginia Kremen Endowed ScholarshipSelection Criteria: Recipient must be an Incoming Freshman. Recipient must have a minimum 3.0 High School GPA. Recipient must not have an ACT…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||W.C. Alexander EndowmentSelection Criteria: Recipient must be a resident of the Methodist Children’s Home. Recipient must be a third generation American born…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Webster Parish Alumni Endowment ScholarshipSelection Criteria: Recipient must be from Webster Parish. Recipient must be an Incoming Freshman. Recipient must have a minimum 3.0 High…||Deadline09/30/2021|
|Varies||Alvora Edens Endowment ScholarshipThe purpose of this agreement is to establish, in the College of Business and Administration at Louisiana Tech University, the R. Wayne Mondy…|
|Varies||Amos Lee and Corrie E. Armstrong Endowment ScholarshipDon Kennedy served as Executor for his cousin Corrie E. Armstrong and was involved in establishing the “Amos Lee and Corrie E. Armstrong…|
|Varies||Amy L. Myers Memorial Scholarship in CISThe College of Business of Louisiana Tech University donates the “Amy L. Myers Memorial Scholarship in CIS”. Selection Criteria: The scholarship…|
|Varies||ANECA Federal Credit Union Scholarship|
|Varies||Anna Prothro Art ScholarshipBilly Ray Prothro donated the “Anna Prothro Art Scholarship” to Louisiana Tech University. Selection Criteria: The scholarship recipient must be…|
|Varies||Arbuthnot-Scharer Endowed ScholarshipKatherine A. Scharer and David H. Scharer established the Arbuthnot-Scharer Endowed Scholarship for the students at Louisiana Tech…|
|Varies||Arkla Energy Resources EndowmentArkla Energy Resources provided the fund to start the “Arkla Energy Resources Endowment” for Louisiana Tech University. Selection…|
|Varies||Barnes ScholarshipThe Barnes Scholarship is awarded to students attending the Summer Quarter at Louisiana Tech University. Selection Criteria: Recipient must be a…|
|Varies||Bessie Talbert Price Purdy Endowment Scholarship for Human EcologyBessie Talbert Price Purdy donated money to Louisiana Tech University Foundation to be utilized as an endowment for scholarships in the School of…|
|Varies||Better Business Bureau ScholarshipSelection Criteria: Recipient must be a student within the College of Business.|
|Varies||Bill Hochstetler Scholarship for BusinessSelection Criteria: Recipient must be a student within the College of Business. Recipient must have a minimum 2.8 GPA. Master’s candidates are…|
|Varies||Bob King Memorial ScholarshipSelection Criteria: The scholarship recipient must be registered and remain registered as a full-time student for the quarter in which he/she…|
Louisiana Tech Scholarships in the United States
Louisiana Tech University is inviting applications for the Freshman, Transfer, and general programmes to provide excellent education and affordable tuition administered through the Office of Admissions, USA.
The programs are available for national freshmen and transfer students wish to pursue another full bachelor’s degree at Louisiana Tech. Freshmen who have never been in college and transfer students who have college credit after completion of high school or already holds an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, etc. degree from another accredited institution.Advertisements
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
A valuable offer to get a full bachelor’s degree at Louisiana Tech.
0 (0 votes)
Established in 1894 as a public research university, Louisiana Tech University has over 163 officially recognized student organizations. Through its five academic colleges, Louisiana Tech offers associates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees.
Why at Louisiana Tech University? At Louisiana Tech, they offer students a chance to engage in high-impact learning practices such as study abroad. Students also have an opportunity to gain a unique educational experience and increase their chances of finding great jobs in Louisiana and beyond.Advertisements
Application Deadline: January 5.
- University or Organization: Louisiana Tech University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: US citizen
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are for the U.S.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The awards will be awarded for a degree course in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must check the eligibility criteria:
general programmes (Competitive Freshman Scholarships):
- Bessie Purdy Scholarship: Admitted freshmen with an Education (including Ag Education) or Human Ecology major.
- CenturyLink Scholarship: Must have 3.0 cumulative GPA and admitted freshmen with an Accounting or Engineering major who live in Lincoln, Ouachita, Morehouse, Richland, or Union parishes and interview with a committee at CenturyLink.
- Colvin Memorial Scholarship: 3.2 cumulative GPA, ACT- 24 or SAT- 1090 (CR+M), and admitted incoming freshmen (all majors) who graduate from Dubach High School
- High School Rally Scholarship: Admitted incoming freshmen (A letter is automatically mailed to eligible students)
- Marbury Alumni Scholarship: Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 unweighted scale) and admitted incoming freshmen who had at least one parent graduate from Louisiana Tech
- McGee Scholarship-Bienville: Admitted incoming freshmen who graduate from Bienville Parish high school and remain in good standing at the university
- McGee Scholarship-Red River: Admitted incoming freshmen who graduate from Red River Parish high school and remain in good standing at the university
- Grant-in-aid and Service Awards: The program is awarded on the basis of special skills and required the student to render a service to the University.
- Air Force ROTC Scholarships: Open to both men and women participants.
- Must be a US citizen to qualify for merit-based scholarships.
- Presidential, Deans’, and Outstanding Student The studentships are annual amounts and are awarded for four years (not including summer); or for a maximum of 12 quarters if you choose to attend summer(s) – additional rules apply and a separate application is required for summer.
- Continuous full-time enrollment is required (minimum of 8 hours per quarter excluding summer).
- The studentships are renewed each year provided a 3.00 cumulative GPA is maintained at the end of each Spring Quarter; Presidential Scholars must also maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA at the end of every quarter.
- In addition to merit-based scholarships, out-of-state students may also qualify for the Bulldog Scholarship which pays out-of-state tuition and fees.
Transfer Student Scholarships:
- Both in-state and out-of-state residents are eligible to apply.
- Students must be unconditionally admitted as a first-time, full-time degree-seeking transfer student on the main campus.
- Minimum 3.00 transfer GPA on 24-90 college-level transfer hours earned from regionally accredited colleges and/or universities (2.75 for Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship).
- The recipient must be a U.S. citizen.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before starting an application for the study fund, applicants are required to take admission for a degree program at Louisiana Tech. After getting an admission offer or being a university student, the candidate can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are bounded to send the high school diploma, official academic records or transcripts, ACT or SAT Scores, and GED scores (if don’t have a high school diploma). International students also are required to submit a copy of passport, Affidavit of Support, bank statement, and proof of English language proficiency. The documents can be submitted at the time of application submission to- Louisiana Tech University, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 3178, Ruston, LA 71272 or when requested by Graduate Admissions.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to have 24 or more credits with a GPA of 2.25 to take admission at Louisiana Tech University.
- Language Requirement: To the general admission requirements, international students should have proof of English language proficiency as a TOEFL minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 80 (internet-based) and IELTS minimum test score of 6.5 (over 4 modules) in place of TOEFL test scores.
Louisiana Tech University will provide multiple awards as the following:
general programmes (Competitive Freshman Scholarships):
- Bessie Purdy Scholarship: Awards made depending on funds available.
- CenturyLink Scholarship: $1,500 per year for four academic years
- Colvin Memorial Scholarship: $800 for the fall quarter
- High School Rally Scholarship: $300 for the fall quarter
- Marbury Alumni Scholarship: 15 awards for $1,000 for one academic year
- McGee Scholarship-Bienville, McGee Scholarship-Red River, Grant-in-aid and Service Awards: Awards made depending on funds available.
- Air Force ROTC Scholarships: $300 per-month tax-free cash allowance
- Merit-Based Scholarships: GPA 3.0-3.749: Presidential $9,000, Deans’ Scholarship $8000, Outstanding Student who have 31 to 24 /ACT Score $6,000 to $2,000. GPA 3.75-4.0: Presidential $9,500, Deans’ Scholarship $8,500, Outstanding Student who have 31 to 24 /ACT Score $6,500 to $2,500,
- Valedictorian Outstanding Student $1,000
- National Merit Scholarship: Unlimited awards which pay tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and meals for four years.
- Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship: out-of-state tuition and fees
- Outstanding Student Transfer Scholarship: 24 – 60 Transfer Hours: (1) 3.0 to 3.49 GPA – $1,000 per year/$3,000 total, (2) 3.5 to 3.74 – $1,500 per year/$4,500 total, and (3) GPA 3.75 to 4.00 GPA – $2,000 per year/$6,000 total. 61 – 90 Transfer Hours: (1) 3.0 to 3.49 GPA – $1,000 per year/$2,000 total, (2) 3.5 to 3.74 – $1,500 per year/$3,000 total, and (3) GPA 3.75 to 4.00 GPA – $2,000 per year/$4,000 total.
- Outstanding Freshman Transfer Scholarship: Same as first-time freshman scholarship offer.
- Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship: Pays for all out-of-state tuition.
- Special Categories for Out-of-State Students: Tuition