Last Updated on December 20, 2022
Are you an international student? and been puzzled by the contradictory information you encountered on the internet. You need not look further, this article allows you to learn more about loughborough university london undergraduate.
Read on to discover the latest information on loughborough university london acceptance rate. It is possible for you to find more information about loughborough university london accommodation on infolearners.
About loughborough university london ranking
Loughborough University London is an inspiring postgraduate campus based on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, east London. The campus combines influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers and intellectual innovators to drive forward creativity and deliver the highest quality of teaching in the following disciplines:
- Design Innovation
- Digital Technologies
- Diplomacy and International Governance
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Management
- Media and Creative Industries
- Sport Business
From inspiring research collaborations to live projects between students and industry, Loughborough is transforming the way universities and organisations interact with each other, closing the gap between industry and academia.
As part of your curriculum, you will benefit from inspiring guest lectures and events, and research-led teaching. Students can get involved in a range of collaborative activities. The whole campus in-curriculum opportunity is Loughborough’s Collaborate programme consisting of the following pathways:
- The Collaborative Project – students from all seven institutes work in small teams on a brief posed by an external organisation
- The Collaborative Dissertation – individual students from all disciplines have the option to apply to work on a research question that has been developed by an external organisation or they have personally sourced, for their dissertation thesis. This can happen while the student is placed inside the organisation (internship-based) or remotely (project-based).
Industry-focused recruitment workshops and networking events are hosted throughout the year, and feature representatives from a range of local, national and international employers and businesses. Together these events provide you with countless opportunities to meet top employers and gain expert advice on reaching your career goals.
Loughborough University London continues Loughborough’s success as one of the country’s top research-led institutions, with real-life applications that benefit local and international communities.
Collaborations with leading businesses and organisations, as well as multi-national corporations and international governing bodies ensure that the university’s research is informed by sociocultural and commercial movements and ideas.
- 1st in the world for sport-related subjects according to the QS World University Rankings 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- University of the Year, WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020
- 1st in the UK for employer-student connections, QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Awarded 5 Stars for Teaching, Employability, Research, Internationalization, Facilities, Innovation, Inclusiveness, and Library and Information Management, QS Stars 2020
- Ranked 5th, the Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’ 2020
- 6th in the Complete University Guide 2021
- 7th in the Guardian University League table 2021
Loughborough University London is part of an exciting community of organisations, creatives and educational providers located inside Here East. Their unique location provides a stimulating environment for students and staff to ask questions, challenge ideas and collaborate with a wide range of inspiring industry partners.
Following the success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Park has quickly become a popular urban destination, bursting with shops, eateries and public activity zones. New and existing businesses, start-ups and creative innovators are also investing in this exciting, new area.
London is bursting with character and diversity, from busy, urban centres lined with international leaders of industry and commerce, to relaxed, alternative streets, filled with bustling markets and tasty street food outlets.
The University works closely with a number of experienced, reputable organisations that specialise in providing student accommodation, including:
- Unite Stratford One – Located just 10 minutes from the campus, Unite Stratford One offers single en-suite rooms with shared living/kitchen areas, as well as studio apartments with private kitchen/living areas.
- Student.com – Offers a search platform allowing you to easily compare a range of different accommodation options in London.
Loughborough University London operates inside a 9,000 meter² collaborative learning space, providing state of the art equipment and materials to ensure research, teaching and creativity can thrive.
The purpose-built lecture theatres and seminar rooms are fitted with the highest quality audio and visual equipment to ensure every student can enjoy a truly immersive and stimulating learning experience.
The campus offers a range of versatile workspaces to cater for independent study, group activities and collaborative project work.
The university holds over 150 laptops for students to use on campus, including Apple MacBook Pros and Dell Latitude. High-powered CAD computers, a wide format printer and a cutting-edge 3D printer can be found in our Collaborative Project space and are free for students to use, with full training available if required.
Library and resources
The library is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers access to over 7,000 print items, as well as 300,000 million e-books, journals and research papers on request.
Students can choose from over 602,000 print items from Loughborough’s Pilkington Library which can be delivered to Loughborough University London for free.
For more information about applying to Loughborough University London, please contact one of our Across the Pond Advisors.
Loughborough University London is an inspiring postgraduate campus located on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Established exclusively for postgraduate study and research, Loughborough University London combines influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers and creative innovators to deliver one of the best postgraduate experiences the UK has to offer.
- Business & Management (8)
- Arts, Design & Architecture (4)
- Hospitality, Leisure & Sports (3)
- Social Sciences (3)
- Computer Science & IT (2)
- Journalism & Media (2)
Loughborough University London was founded on Loughborough’s award-winning reputation for research dynamism and creativity, as well as its enterprising outlook and unrivalled opportunities for students and alumni.
Loughborough University’s history dates back to 1909 when the institute opened as a place to attend evening classes in technical subjects.
All our contemporary degree programmes include enterprise-based learning and theory-rich lectures and seminars delivered by subject-expert academics, entrepreneurs and guest speakers from public, private and third sector organisations. With the opportunity to advance and apply your knowledge in a specialised area, to make that career change or promotion possible you will be challenged and engaged through an action-based project related to a particular organisational issue, offering you the opportunity to critically address real organisational challenges.
We deliver 25 Masters.
Our research contributes at the very highest levels to new knowledge and understanding, helping business and industry to compete more effectively, shape public policy and, ultimately, help to improve the quality of people’s lives across the globe.
Loughborough University’s Careers Network is highly regarded by both employers and students. At Loughborough University London we provide:
- Enterprise through the curriculum: employer talks, visits and skills sessions
- Graduate recruitment fair: visit Loughborough’s main campus to interact with thousands of employers
- Direct your career: career consultant talks and presentations
- Career consultancy: discuss your career plans, your CV and finding work
- Access a range of information and resources to help discover your career options and achieve success when applying for jobs
Our dedicated team of support staff are located on the second floor, and are available Monday-Friday to answer any questions you may have about the facilities or the equipment. The team are also your first point of call if you need advice and guidance on your studies or you have a query regarding your wellbeing.
- We have three self-catered halls of residence available to our postgraduate students. Accommodation is available either on, or a short walk from, campus, and rooms are let on a 50-week basis. With competitive rents and a friendly and supportive atmosphere, halls are a great choice for students seeking accommodation.
- You can choose to cook for yourself or to eat at one of the many venues on campus. Our diners+ option gives you pre-paid meal packages and provides flexible access to superb value, great choice and healthy meal options in our various outlets.
- Our stunning library is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers access to over 9,000 print items, as well as over 30,000 ejournals and 400,000 ebooks on request.
- Students can choose from over 609,000 print items from Loughborough’s Pilkington Library which can be delivered to Loughborough University London for free.
The campus operates a fantastic WiFi internet service, which is available to all students for free. Students can connect to the WiFi using their own IT equipment,including laptops, tablets and smart phones. Students may also connect to WiFi across the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park for free!
General Practitioners (GPs) look after the health of people in their local community and will be the first post of call for a whole range of health problems. GPs and nursing staff also provide health education, offer advice on smoking and diet, sexual health, psychological therapies, give vaccinations and carry out simple surgical operations.
- The University’s main campus is in the Leicestershire town of Loughborough. The Loughborough campus (once the estate of Burleigh Hall) covers an area of 438 acres (1.77 km2), and includes academic departments, halls of residence, the Students’ Union, two gyms, gardens and playing fields.
- Of particular interest are the walled garden, the ‘garden of remembrance’, the Hazlerigg-Rutland Hall fountain-courtyard and the Bastard Gates.
- Loughborough Students’ Union (LSU) is run by students, for students and is here to support you throughout your student journey; representing you, providing advice when you need it and supporting student led activities to form a strong and supportive student community.
- They are an independent organisation, separate from the University, although they work in partnership with us to ensure that the experience is a great one for all students. Every student is automatically a member of Loughborough Students’ Union. Being a member is completely free and that means you can go to them for support, take part in their annual elections and join the LSU London student community.
Loughborough University has been named England’s Best Student Experience for six consecutive years by Times Higher Education. Times Higher Education also named Loughborough University as University of the Year for Sport 2017 and has placed 6th in this year’s Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’. Loughborough University has been named the best sporting university in the world, according to the global QS higher education league table.
Loughborough University London is an inspiring postgraduate campus based at Here East, on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London. Established exclusively for postgraduate study, the campus combines influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers and intellectual innovators to drive forward creativity and deliver the highest quality of teaching in the business, technology, enterprise, media and design industries.
Loughborough University London continues to play an active role in the expansion of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park following the iconic London 2012 Olympic Games. East London maintains an established reputation as one of the most diverse and creative cultural communities in Europe.
Our campus features state-of-the-art facilities, including our new Enterprise Hub for budding student entrepreneurs. We provide a safe study environment with 24/7 security and ID card access to the campus.
Following the Olympics, the Park has quickly become a popular metropolitan destination, bursting with shops, eateries and public activity zones. Our inspiring campus is situated at Here East, a central hub for enterprise and collaborative partnerships. With exciting new business opportunities and a thriving culture for small start-up companies, Stratford is a truly unique location for postgraduate study.
Diverse postgraduate degree programme
All our contemporary degree programmes include enterprise-based learning and theory-rich lectures and seminars delivered by subject-expert academics, entrepreneurs and guest speakers from public, private and third sector organisations.
With the opportunity to advance and apply your knowledge in a specialised area, you will be challenged and engaged through our action-based collaborative project related to a particular organisational issue, offering you the opportunity to critically address real organisational challenges.
- Institute for Design Innovation
- Institute for Digital Technologies
- Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance
- Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Institute for International Management
- Institute for Media and Creative Industries
- Institute for Sport Business
Transform your career
Loughborough University London has been named the top university for employer-student connections in the UK QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020. We pride ourselves on the opportunities for enhancing your career development.
We are committed to helping you achieve your potential through our innovative curriculum and extra-curricular workshops and events. Our activities are designed to give your CV a boost and enhance your change of successfully passing recruitment and selection exercises used by high profile employers.
An award-winning student experience
We are proud of our achievements. These include:
- Ranked fourth in the UK in The Guardian University Guide 2020
- The best university in the world for sports-related subjects in 2019 (QS World University Rankings)
- Ranked fifth in the Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’ 2020
- Ranked eighth in the Complete University Guide 2020
- One of six UK universities to receive the gold award in the national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
Loughborough University London continues Loughborough’s success as one of the country’s top research-led universities; bringing benefit to local and international communities through applied research and sociocultural, interdisciplinary thinking.
Almost 66% of our research is considered ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ according to the latest Research Excellence Framework (2014). Innovative teaching and experiential learning are at the core of our curriculum.
Institute for Design Innovation
The Institute for Design Innovation sees design research as an integral part of creating new products and systems. Design research at Loughborough University London is dedicated to ensuring new and existing products are of the highest benefit to their end user.
Institute for Digital Technologies
Everything we do as humans in the 21st Century, from relaxing to socialising and from working to travelling, requires a relationship with digital technology. The Institute for Digital Technologies offers excellence in research and postgraduate teaching across all major areas of digital technologies, including interactive 3D media, advanced 5G systems, big multi-media data, smart living and cyber security.
Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance
The Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance will provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills required to address complex issues involving modern diplomacy, international security, international business and trade, global communication, and information management.
Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Research plays a key role in understanding business success, by providing individuals and teams with critical insights into how to launch a business, or make a new or existing enterprise more successful. The Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship’s research focuses on harnessing the innovative strategy of enterprises, in order to produce successful entrepreneurial behaviour.
Institute for International Management
The Institute for International Management is actively engaged in international research projects concerning the globalization of economic activity and the implications for patterns of work and governance. It will focus on developing expertise in a range of emerging market economies over the next few years.
Institute for Media and Creative Industries
The Institute for Media and Creative Industries is committed to discovering, interpreting and critically assessing the inner workings and infrastructures of the media and the creative industries, whilst developing a deeper understanding of the composition and conduct of an audience, particularly in the wake of cultural composition.
Institute for Sport Business
The Institute for Sport Business has a research focus on the rapid growth of the sport industry, in an age of significant social, economic and technological change. To address this focus, the Institute is currently conducting research surrounding sport integrity and governance, sport media and digital technology, as well as sport communities.
How to apply
Applications for taught or research programmes are made using our online application portal, and are welcomed all year round. Your application must be supported by documentary evidence of entry qualifications, including English language, academic transcripts and references, which can all be submitted online.
Fees and funding
Studying for a postgraduate programme at Loughborough University London is a significant but incredibly rewarding investment in your career and your future. Tuition fees cover the cost of your teaching, assessment and operating University facilities such as the library, IT equipment and other support services, and vary between courses. We have a range of scholarships and bursaries on offer; these are worth up to 100% towards fees.