Last Updated on August 28, 2023
We breakdown Lincoln University statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. If you’re interesting in transferring to Lincoln University, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Lincoln University
Read more about Lincoln University enrollment 2020, Lincoln University Missouri student population, Lincoln University Missouri scholarships, and Lincoln University Missouri demographics.
lincoln university pre med
Lincoln University Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Established in 1878 as a School for Agriculture, Lincoln University is New Zealand’s third oldest university. Around 3500 students from 60 countries attend the campus. 42% of the student population accounts for international students aiming for higher education in New Zealand. There are 237 total faculty which are specialized in their teaching criteria.
According to QS World University Rankings 2021, Lincoln is also top 1.5% of universities globally. It also has QS Five Stars rating and ranks under 100 in the subject areas of Agriculture and Forestry. Fortifying International standing, Lincoln is a partner member of Global Challenges University Alliance and Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS).
Lincoln University offers bachelor’s degrees, certificate & diplomas, international pathways, honors, postgraduate certificates & diplomas, research master’s, taught master’s, and Ph.D. courses. The study areas of specialization are business; landscape architecture; science; tourism; environment; sport & recreation; and agriculture, horticulture & viticulture.
Lincoln also organizes Māori and Pasifika relevant teaching methods to underpin thriving land-based economies, growing opportunities for cultural, social, and economic transformation. For those of you looking for admissions at Lincoln’s, the minimum IELTS score requirement for a bachelor’s course is 6.0 and the master’s degree is 6.5. The bachelors’ tuition can approximately vary around NZD 31,000 and master’s tuition fees are NZD 34,500.
Lincoln University Rankings
The latest rankings of Lincoln University, NZ by some most reputed institutions/websites are following:
- 101st in the Impact Rankings 2021 by Times Higher Education
- 1031st in Best Global Universities by US News and World Report 2021
- 8th Country Rank in New Zealand by Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019
- 387th in the QS World Rankings 2021
- 89th in the QS WUR Ranking Subject 2021
|Percentage of International Students||42%|
|Students: Faculty ratio||10:1|
|Number of FTE students||2,511|
|No of Farms||8|
|No of Research Centres||13|
|Work-Study Program||Yes (domestic students)|
|Mode of Study||Full-Time (for international students) Part-Time (for Australian and NZ citizens) Online (only Certificate and Diplomas)|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card (Mastercard or Visa only) via LUCAS, EFTPOS (at the cashier), Direct Credit|
|English Language Proficiency Score||IELTS or equivalent|
Lincoln University Campus
Lincoln University’s main campus Te Waihora is in Canterbury, near the South Island surrounded by snow-capped mountains, clear lakes, and grassy plains. It is based in Lincoln (in the Selwyn district of Canterbury) which is 20 kms outside of Christchurch. Its largest city is the fastest growing city Christchurch with bustling arts, culinary options, and bustling arts.
- The campus has modern teaching facilities including information technologies laboratories with 24-hour access, a comprehensive library, a printery, eateries, free car parking, a travel agency, and world-class sporting facilities.
- To broaden their horizons, students can meet new people through the Lincoln University Students’ Association (LUSA) which oversees the management of the university’s organizations and clubs.
- Lincoln University Sport (LU Sport) has four major sporting clubs- LU Netball, LU Rugby, LU Rowing, and LU Basketball which compete in Christchurch competitions. Students serious about study and sports can even apply for Sports Scholarship Program.
- Learning, Teaching, & Library (LTL) is located in the Ivey Hall to provide students access to books and databases with study spaces and rooms.
Lincoln University Accommodation
Lincoln’s campus houses 600 students and they can choose between self-catered flats, catered Halls of Residence, or housing. These accommodations provide king single beds, desks, wardrobe, chair, communal lounge, disability access & bathroom facilities. Students can have personalized campus tours with a detailed itinerary to explore the parts of the campus. It is advised to apply at the MyLinc portal as soon as possible after receiving an Offer of Admission to secure the preferred accommodation type in New Zealand.
- Student reviews of Lincoln University suggest that all 6 halls are fully-catered and centrally located with free WiFi, SKY TV, and a pool table. There are Colombo Hall, Centennial Hall, Southland Hall, Lowrie Hall, Stevens Hall, and The Quarters.
- There are three flat options for students from the second year and above with residential assistants, sports, organized events, security, and support if need. It features a bedroom with their private lounge, kitchen, and bathroom facilities. They are The Farm Road, The Crescent, and The Junction.
- There are also a limited number of campus houses with two to four bedrooms, in demand, especially for families.
- The accommodation fees cover WiFi (200GB/semester), membership to the Recreation Centre, laundry facilities, power (total power for fully-catered hall/ power allowance for a self-catered unit), bedding packs (sheets, pillowcase, pillows, duvet, bathmat, mattress, towel), pastoral care, and access to a variety of events throughout the years.
Lincoln University Programs
Land-based sector programs by Lincoln University are what makes it stand out. Lincoln offers 19 bachelor’s degree programs (including 9 honors) with 18 additional majors in agriculture, science, agricultural science, environment & society, environmental policy & planning, landscape agriculture, land & property management, agribusiness & food marketing, etc.
- Students can choose from 2 certificate courses and 10 diploma courses. Some of these are even fees-free and held online.
- Apart from this, there are 8 graduate certificates and 9 graduate diplomas to settle upon. These differ in the disciplines of applied science, business & sustainability, commerce, property management, recreation management, resource studies, tourism management, academic English, viticulture & oenology, and valuation.
- Lincoln University offers International pathways with countries like China, Sri Lanka, Canada, Germany, and Austria. Students can enroll themselves in Joint degree programs, articulation programs, and twinning degree programs through these pathways.
- There are two also NCUK International Pathways: NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) and NCUK International Year One Business (IYOne Business) which welcomes international students to Lincoln University.
Lincoln University Missouri Acceptance Rate
Lincoln University Editorial
Lincoln – Missouri is a public university located in Jefferson City, Missouri in the Columbia, MO Area. As a historically black college, Lincoln has a strong history of and commitment to the education of black Americans. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,693 undergraduate students. The Lincoln – Missouri acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Nursing, Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration, and Business. Graduating 27% of students, Lincoln – Missouri alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $25,300.
- Best Greek Life Colleges in America240 of 817
- Top Party Schools in America372 of 1,587
- Most Diverse Colleges in America427 of 1,589
lincoln university command college
lincoln university missouri majors
What major is Lincoln University known for?The most popular majors at Lincoln University (PA) include: Health Professions and Related Programs; Public Administration and Social Service Professions; Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting etc.
Lincoln University Missouri student population
Total of 2,012 students have enrolled in Lincoln University where 1,892 students have enrolled in undergraduate programs and 120 students for graduate programs. By gender, 800 male and 1,212 female students are attending the school. It has much fewer students compared to similar colleges (4,769 students on average – Public Master’s College and University (smaller programs)).117 students are enrolled exclusively, and 787 students are enrolled in some online courses. You can check the student demographics by gender ratio, race/ethnicity, age distribution, and online enrollment.
Student Population by Gender
Lincoln University has a total of 2,012 enrolled students. By gender, 800 male and 1,212 female students (the male-female ratio is 40:60) are attending the school.1,892 students have enrolled in undergraduate programs and 120 students joined graduate programs.
Lincoln University Missouri scholarships
Learning in Retirement (LIR) is sponsoring one scholarship for the 2022 Fall semester. A $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student of any major at Lincoln University.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Missouri High School Graduate or MO HS Equivalency Certificate,
Current Status as of December 31, 2021: Sophomore standing (30-59 semester credit hours) or Junior standing (60-89 semester credit hours), and
GPA of 3.0 or higher, and
If a student is interested in applying, he/she will need to complete the Scholarship Application Form, provide a resume with evidence of community/campus involvement, an unofficial copy of his/her transcript, and a one-page essay (12 pt, single spaced) describing his/her educational goals and how the scholarship will assist in achieving those goals.