Last Updated on July 29, 2023
There are times when it is better to avoid the internet, which often offers inaccurate information. This is partly due to the large amount of unreliable information on the internet. If you want to know more about kelley school of business undergraduate programs, this article explains the question.
Find out more about kelley school of business undergraduate programs, kelley school of business ranking, kelley school of business requirements, kelley school of business benefits, kelley school of business undergraduate acceptance rate, kelley school of business undergraduate ranking, kelley school of business admissions statisticsand other relevant posts on infolearners.
Kelley School of Business, USA is a public institute that was established in 1920 and is a component member of Indiana University. The university is a reputed name in the US Education System that has campuses in Bloomington and Indianapolis. It provides undergraduate programs, graduate programs, doctoral programs, and certification programs to aspirants across the globe.
The school has operated for nearly 100 years and its enrollment number has seen a massive increase from 70 to 12,000 students. Admissions at Kelley School of Business are available in the 3 intakes of Fall, Summer and Spring.With an acceptance rate of around 37%, the institute is a highly selective institute for studying in the USA.
Kelley School of Business Rankings
- According to the US News 2021 survey, Kelley school of business is ranked #23 among the best business schools and #9 in part-time MBA in the USA.
- Ranked #2 in the best MBA for Marketing by The Princeton Review 2020.
- Ranked #23 in the survey conducted by US News and report 2021.
- In the survey QS MBA rankings 2021, ranked #19 in the US and ranked #38 globally.
- Forbes’s best business schools have ranked Kelley School of Business #19 in 2019.
|Type of University||Public|
|Year of Establishment||1920|
|No. of Campuses||2|
|Percentage of International Students||18% ( Fall 2019 Undergraduate)|
Kelley School of Business Campus
- Established in 1920, the school is located at two different campuses. One of its campuses is located at Indiana University, Bloomington while the other one is located at Indiana University, Indianapolis.
- To help future leaders in achieving balance, the college offers the ‘balance and wellness’ program arranging mentorship programs, seminars, business summits, etc.
- Students get to experience what it is like to be in a business environment that gives them exposure beyond classroom walls.
- In the classroom of 2021, the male and female population is 67% and 33%. Among them, international students are 13% and minorities are 11%.
- Every student will have a different pursuit and passion. To support them all, Kelley has over 50 student clubs. Some popular ones are, 180 degrees consulting, Alpha Kappa Psi, Ascend at Indiana University, Cases over coffee, Delta Sigma Pi, Emerging markets club, etc.
- The school focuses on making the students work with a diverse group of students, who are from different backgrounds and experiences. Thus they get to experience a diverse and vibrant and diverse community at Kelley.
- The university has 22 sports teams of men and women both. Sports like Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer and many more are there as a part of the athletics organization.
- Other attractive things which the students will find include – Street food, Broadway shows, Fine dining, Nature hikes and many more.
- The richness of the campus can be further verified by the Broadway shows, Street food, Fine dining, Nature hikes, fitness and recreational facilities, club sports like water polo, aikido, etc.
Kelley School of Business: Accommodation/Residence
- Since the school is a part of Indiana University, a housing facility is provided through the living-learning center of the university for all the students within the campus.
- They have various types of housing options, on campus including traditional residence halls, shared rooms, communal living spaces, spacious apartments, and private rooms.
- The university has 13 residence halls and 11 apartment complexes on campus and students can choose from them.
- To keep the students energetic and fueled, they have all-you-can-eat food points established at Tower Dining. Also, there are multiple restaurants sporting all kinds of cuisines throughout the University.
- To nurture the leadership spirit right from the Freshman stage, they have a program called The Brian D Jellison living center which is a residential program that gives students an opportunity to live with like-minded business aspirants.
- There are two types of summer housing for students who live on campus. They are North hall and Riverwalk apartments. The application process for summer housing commences in March.
- Amenities available here are individual closets, well-furnished rooms, high-speed internet, exercise rooms, microwave, and basic kitchenware, laundry, computer lab with a printer, etc.
- Also, there are 24-hour security, on-call housing staff, and life staff support available in the housing area.
- To spend time with your co-students and have healthy discussions, there are 30 common areas in the summer housing.
Kelley School of Business Courses
- At the organization, students can choose to pursue three types of programs- Undergraduate, Graduate programs, Doctoral programs, and certification programs.
- The institute also offers online business education, globally recognized MBA programs and MS degree programs. Some of the online MS programs are MS in Business Analytics, MS in Marketing, MS in Global Supply Chain Management, MS in Strategic Management.
- The undergraduate degree programs are offered in 18 majors, 4 minors and 1 certificate. Some of the popular undergraduate majors are Accounting, Finance, Law, Ethics and Decision Making, Management, Marketing, Real Estate, and International Business.
- The majority of the degree programs are taught on the Bloomington campus while a few are taught on the Indianapolis campus.
- Students can also apply for the school’s Honors Program which will help them excel intellectually in and outside of the classroom and develop leadership skills.
- The graduate programs include masters in – Information Systems, Healthcare Management, Finance, Business Administration, etc. Various online courses are also available for the graduate programs – Master of Science in – Business Analytics, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- The Ph.D. program offers eight fields of study from which the students can choose their field of interest. Some of the popular fields include- Accounting, Marketing, Finance, and Information System.
- The popular subjects picked by international students are Full-time MBA, online MBA, MS, and evening MBA programs.
- To implement whatever that is learned in classrooms, the students can get internship opportunities right from the freshman year and add value to their resume.
- International students get the utmost attention and guidance through special programs that help them shape their communication and writing skills and network with other students of the same interest.
- With the help of networking nights and round tables, students can get to connect with top companies and their executives who can impact business values in them.
Kelley School of Business Application Process
International students seeking admission at the university can follow the below-mentioned admission details.
How to apply?
- Application Portal: University online application/Common Application/Coalition application.
- Application Fee: UG – 65 USD (non-refundable); PG – 75 USD.
- Standardized test scores: Middle 50 percent SAT score – 1180–1360, Middle 50 percent ACT score – 25–31.
- Application Deadline: Early action deadline: November 1 and Regular decision: February 1
Basic Admission Requirements
- Students must submit their official transcripts of high schools or colleges along with the application.
- GMAT or GRE Score
- Academic GPA of 2.0 in any business minors and transcripts of them.
- 200 to 400 words essay
- Fully completed online form and interview invite.
- Photocopy of your passport
- Financial document proof
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency – IELTS – 7.0 and TOEFL ibt – 79, TOEFL pbt- 550, Pearsons PTE – 53.
Kelley School of Business Cost of Attendance
The distribution of expenses in the form of an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is as mentioned below.
|Item||International Students (UG)||International Residents (PG)|
|Tuition and fees||51,454 USD||30,642 USD|
|Room and board||13,906 USD||13,432 USD|
|Total direct costs||48,806 USD||44,074 USD|
|Books and supplies||1,950 USD||830 USD|
|Transportation||2,958 USD||2,958 USD|
|Personal expenses||2,170 USD||4,078 USD|
|Total indirect costs||3,760 USD||7,866 USD|
Kelley School of Business Scholarships
- The university offers a generous amount of scholarships for international students to study in the USA in the form of need-based scholarships or country-specific scholarships.
- 64% of Undergraduates receive some sort of financial aid from the university.
- The university offers Global Engagement Scholarships to incoming international students. But these scholarships are limited in number.
- These scholarships are merit-based scholarships and competitive in nature. The rewards range from 1,000 to 11,000 USD per year. These awards are renewable for four years.
- No separate scholarship application is required, students are selected on the basis of the information provided during the admission process.
- The need-based scholarships range from 500 to 2,000 USD. Students who need these scholarships will have to apply separately through Atlas throughout the year.
- The university also provides some country-based scholarships to students of specific countries who show academic excellence. Some of them are – C.V. Starr Foundation Scholarship, Japanese alumni chapter scholarship.
- The criteria based on which they offer merit scholarship is, Academic performance, GMAT/GRE Score, Excellent application, Professional experience, if any.
- Other financial aids they offer are, Dean’s fellowships, Forte fellowships, Global fellowships, Kelley school of Business Merit fellowship, ROMBA etc.
External Sources of Funding
Applying forfinancial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- American University Emerging global leader Scholarship
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- The institute has a strong network of more than 120,000 alumni from all across the globe.
- The school has a separate alumni association which is responsible for conducting regular meetups, professional networking, workshops, and social activities that are very fruitful for the students as well as for the alumni.
- These meetups and events offer a great opportunity to provide internships or career information and establish new contacts.
- The institute takes pride in honoring its alumni with different awards for their outstanding achievements.
- Some notable alumni are:
- Mark Cuban (American Entrepreneur)
- John Thomas Chambers (CEO of Cisco Systems)
- Jimmy Wales (American – British Internet Entrepreneur)
- Evan Bayh (American Lawyer, and Politician)
- Frank Popoff (Bulgarian American Businessman)
Kelley School of Business Placements
The institute makes an effort to be in contact with potential recruiters. They provide on-campus recruitment for the students. 225+ companies recruited on campus for undergraduate students. Around 350+ companies recruited virtually.
The interesting fact is that 87.7% of students receive their placement offer within 90 days of their graduation. The mean base salary of the students of Kelley school of business is 119,000 USD. The average salary of an accounting student from this school is 63,093 USD. Whereas, the average salary of a marketing student is 60,253 USD.
Kelley’s students have also been showing immense interest in pursuing summer internships and paid an average hourly wage of 25 USD.