Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Jacobs University offers many graduate, undergraduate and doctoral programs. Some of the popular programs at the university include Engineering, Humanities, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences. There are several other UG, PG as well as doctoral programs available at the university as well for the students who want to study in Germany.
- Jacobs University opens applications for Fall and Spring sessions.
- Jacobs University accepts applications via the Common Application and the Online Portal.
- The average SAT and ACT scores required by the University are 1200 and 26 respectively.
- The university code for ACT is 5249 while its 3665 for the SAT.
- A minimum of 3 GPA is also required by the University for Admission Consideration.
- An average score of 33 is also required in the International Baccalaureate test.
- The University does not charge any application from the applicants. There are about 1400 students in the University from about 110 countries in the world.
- TOEFL is considered as the most common English proficiency test by the University.
- Students applying for financial aid must not apply in the Early decision period.
- The University offers more than 50 scholarships for different study programs. Loans, Funds and Grants are also available for international as well as national students.
Jacobs University Admissions Highlights
|Application Portal||Apply Myself Portal on the University’s website or The Common Application.|
|Application fee||No fee for either UG or PG courses.|
|Payment Method||MasterCard, VISA, American Express.|
|Average SAT ( Scholastic Assessment Test) score||1200|
|Average ACT ( American College Testing) score||26|
|Financial Aids||Loans, Funds, Grants and Scholarships.|
|Percentage of International Students||60%|
Jacobs University Admission Deadlines
All the students are requested to submit their applications before the deadlines for applications to be considered for admission at Jacobs University. The admissions are based on a rolling basis but submitting the applications before the deadlines still considered good.
Below are the deadlines for Undergraduate applicants:
|Early decision||November 1|
|Early Action||December 1 and February 1|
|Rolling admissions||June 1 to July 20|
The admission deadlines for various courses vary on the postgraduate level. Some of the deadlines have been mentioned below:
|MSc in Supply chain Management||Domestic applicants: June 1.|
International applicants: July 15.
|MSc in Psychology||Domestic applicants: June 1.|
International applicants: August 15.
The MA international relations and the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences use different sorts of application systems and they can be found in their official websites.
Jacobs University, International Students Admissions
Jacobs University offers a lot of UG and PG courses ranging from economics, engineering to Natural Sciences as well. To apply as a first-year student, the applicant must be in his final year of high school or must have completed their graduation from high school.
The admission process is the same for both International and domestic applicants. However, international applicants need to submit their language proficiency test scores and apply for VISA as well. Financial Aid is offered to International Students as well.
Application Portal: Online Application Portal or Common Application Portal.
Application fee: No fee is charged.
- All official high school transcripts along with any degree or diploma earned.
- One letter of Recommendation is mandatory as well.
- The letter of recommendation must be from an official source like the principal of the school, dean of the students or other.
- Educational history form detailing each school the applicant has attended.
- SAT, ACT and Test AS scores
- Some courses require the ZEEMEE Electronic Resume as well. Proof of residency is also required.
Jacobs University English Language Requirements for International Students
The English Language Requirements for different sections are different. The requirements for International freshman applicants are listed below:
|English Language Test||Minimum Score|
|Internet based TOEFL ( Test of English as a Foreign Language)||Overall 90.|
|Paper based TOEFL ( Test of English as a Foreign Language)||575|
|GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education)||A or B|
|International Baccalaureate English A Literature & English A Language and Literature||6,7|
|ELPT (English Language Proficiency Test)||965|
|British Council IELTS (International English Language Testing System)||6.5|
|Cambridge EFL Examinations Certificate of Proficiency in English||A,B,C and C1 pass.|
|Cambridge EFL Examinations Certificate in Advanced English||A,B or C|
|Cambridge EFL Examinations First certificate in English||A|
|MELAB test (Michigan Test)||80|
|SAT critical reading||580|
|SAT evidence based Reading and Writing||600|
|Duolingo English Test||110|
Jacobs University VISA requirements
All the students applying for the admissions at Jacobs University must have a German Students VISA to enter the College. The VISA is applied at the German Embassy or the Consulate.
- An application fee of 60 Euro is required to apply for the VISA application fee.
Required Documents are:
- Financial proof showing that the student has enough funds to pay the first year tuition fee.
- Proof of admission into a study program at the college.
- Authorized certificates of any earlier education or degree.
- Passport-size photographs.
- A valid passport copy.
- Other documents consist of Bank Statement and Sponsor Letter(if applicable).
- Applicants have then to appear in the VISA interview at the Embassy.
Jacobs University Undergraduate Admissions
The application process for undergraduate as well as international students applying at Jacobs University is the same.
Application Portal: The applications for undergraduate admissions can be submitted on the Online Application Portal or The Common Application.
Application fee: No application fee is charged.
- SAT scores, they are not really required by Jacobs University but they are considered good.
- ACT (American College Testing) scores are also considered.
- Test for Academic Studies (TestAS) is also required.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation
Jacobs University Graduate Admissions
The application process is basically the same as the Undergraduate admissions except the requirements for some extra documentation. There are numerous popular graduate courses like MSC in Data Engineering, Master of Science Supply Chain Management, etc. that are offered to the students.
Application Portal: Apply Yourself System on the University’s online portal.
Application fee: No application fee is required for PG courses.
- A letter of motivation of 1 page is required in the format of a formal letter.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) is required.
- Two Letters of Recommendation are required. The content of both letters must not be identical.
- A bachelor transcript in English or German language is required.
- A bachelor degree certificate in English or German language is required.
- English Proficiency requirements. The English proficiency tests accepted are TOEFL, IELTS, and Duolingo tests.
|Course||Medium||Deadline||Requirements||Language Proficiency Test|
|MSc in Data Engineering||English||VISA- June 1|
Non- VISA- July 15.
|Two Letter of Recommendation, CV, Letter of Motivation,|
Official transcripts and degree certificates.
|TOEFL- 90 IELTS- 6.5|
|MSc in Supply Chain Management||English||VISA- June 1|
Non-VISA- July 15.
|Two Letters of Recommendation, CV,|
Letter of Motivation, Official Transcripts.
|TOEFL- 90 IELTS- 6.5|
|MSc in Psychology||German||VISA- June 1|
Non-VISA- August 15.
|Letter of Motivation, CV, German Proficiency test,|
English Proficiency test, Official Transcripts and degrees.
|TOEFL- 72 IELTS- 5.5|
Students applying for the graduate programs need to submit online applications via the Apply Yourself system. Please note that the MA International Relations and the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) have independent application systems so the students need to access the respective websites. An application takes a time of about 3 weeks to be reviewed. The selection process is quite selective at Jacobs University.