Last Updated on January 17, 2023
To be sure, getting the right information online doesn’t come easy. However, the article below brings you the best and latest information on University Of Pittsburgh.
We are here to guide you to the answers to your questions; Is University Of Pittsburgh A Good School? We recommend you save time and effort by visiting our website as soon as possible.
Have you been searching for the best information on colleges and universities in Pittsburgh? What if I told you that all you had to do was read on to get the latest information on it in the article below? You would love that, wouldn’t you? Well, read on and enjoy the article below.
University of Pittsburgh can be a great part of your future. Research the University of Pittsburgh using information on the campus, admissions and enrollment figures, rankings, tuition and financial aid, and more.
About University Of Pittsburgh
University of Pittsburgh—Pittsburgh Campus is a public institution that was founded in 1787. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 19,200, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 145 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. University of Pittsburgh—Pittsburgh Campus’s ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #58. Its in-state tuition and fees are $19,678; out-of-state tuition and fees are $33,706.
Approximately 19,000 undergraduates attend the University of Pittsburgh (or “Pitt”), a “research powerhouse,” that offers a “great value” for students. Pitt “attracts highly-skilled faculty,” who are “incredibly accomplished,” “engaging,” and “bring real life experience to the classroom.” One student notes, “Even in classes of over 100 people, my professors frequently pause to answer questions and check to make sure students are following their lectures.” Outside of class, professors are “concerned with students’ personal career development” and will often “reach out for internship and job opportunities if you build a relationship with them.” One student recounts being able to “obtain a paid research position and present at a conference” as a first-year. Pitt has an “outstanding relationship with employers both local and throughout the country,” a fact that is “reflected in the size of our school’s co-op program” and “the Internship Guarantee policy.” Pitt’s Medical Center (UPMC) offers pre-med students opportunities for research and internships as well. In terms of work-life balance, students note that course loads are often “rigorous, but not so much as to prevent engaging in extracurricular activities or research and having an active social life.” Students note that the University Chancellor and Dean of Students “are loved” for being “very visible on campus.” “Their presence reinforces how much they care” and “the quality of the education” Pitt students can count on.”
University Of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh–Pittsburgh Campus admissions is more selective with an acceptance rate of 57%. Half the applicants admitted to University of Pittsburgh have an SAT score between 1260 and 1440 or an ACT score of 28 and 33. However, one quarter of admitted applicants achieved scores above these ranges and one quarter scored below these ranges. The application deadline is rolling and the application fee at University of Pittsburgh–Pittsburgh Campus is $55.
University of Pittsburgh is ranked No. 14 in Best Medical Schools: Research and No. 17 in Best Medical Schools: Primary Care. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence. HOW WE RANK SCHOOLS
Medical School Program Rankings
14 in Best Medical Schools: Research
17 in Best Medical Schools: Primary Care
Medical School Specialty Rankings
8 in Anesthesiology
18 in Internal Medicine
7 in Obstetrics and Gynecology (tie)
11 in Pediatrics
8 in Psychiatry (tie)
10 in Surgery (tie)
SEE ALL GRAD SCHOOL RANKINGS
Subscribe to U.S. News Medical School Compass
See how this school scored on the key indicators used in the rankings.
Unlock with Grad Compass
Other rankings at this school: Colleges, Online Programs, Global Universities
University of Pittsburgh Admissions
University of Pittsburgh Academics
University of Pittsburgh Student Body
University of Pittsburgh Cost
University of Pittsburgh Residency
What are the facilities available on Campus?
- The institute is also home to a number of state of the art research laboratories and institutes, having an entire institute dedicated to drug discovery.
- The main campus of the university, located at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is spread across 132 acres of land.
- Lastly, the cathedral of Learning, a 535 feet tall Goth revival structure is the second tallest educational building in the world. It houses a number of peregrine falcons on its rooftops.
- The university has four other regional campuses in Bradford, Greensburg, Johnstown, and Titusville.
Can international students reside on campus?
- The university offers on campus, off campus as well as apartment style housing. It is also further gender inclusive and first years are provided with separate housing.
- Some of the on campus residence halls include Amos Hall, Bruce Hall, Centre Plaza Apartments whereas College Garden Apartments, Hyacinth Place, Mayflower Apartments offer off campus housing.
- Amenities offered at almost all of these residence halls include Cable TV, Fitness Centres, Housekeeping, Laundry, Internet Connection as well as Trash pick up.
- Students can choose from about 25 different dining options all over the university along with a flexible meal plan.
- Apart from this, the university also has students with details regarding off-campus student housing in USA.
What are the popular courses available?
- International students are offered with a variety of courses at University of Pittsbrgh, including undergraduate, graduate as well as professional programs and courses spread over a number of fields.
- The Medical and Business courses at University of Pittsburgh are some of the best programs in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Some of the popular undergraduate programs offered are accounting, bioinformatics, biological sciences as majors and minors including petroleum engineering, exercise science, dance as well as polymer engineering.
|Programs||Fees per annum|
|M.Sc Electrical and Computer Engineering||$40,848|
|M.Sc Computer Science||$40,848|
|M.Sc Mechanical Engineering||$40,848|
How to apply to the UG courses? Admission to University of Pittsburgh may be slightly competitive. Thus, it would be beneficial to consider the following points while applying to the institute.
Where to apply? Apply online at the official website
How much is the application fee? 55 USD (~4,160 INR)
What are the basic admission requirements? The application requirements are as follows:
- Official transcripts or self reported scores
- SAT or ACT scores
- Standardized test scores
- Proof of English language proficiency.
What are the English proficiency requirements? The minimum English proficiency test score requirements for the international students are listed below:
University of Pittsburgh UG admission deadlines:
- Fall Term – April 1, 2022
- Spring Term – October 1, 2022.
How to apply to the PG programs? Graduate program requirements differ depending on the program one is applying to. Following is a list of basic documents required to apply to the programs.
Where to apply? Differs depending on the program applied to.
How much is the application fee? USD 50 (may differ for each program, this fee is for applications to School of Computing and Information.
What are the required supporting documents? The required supporting documents are as follows:
- Official transcripts
- English language proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo English test.
- Scores of standardized exams to study in USA such as GRE or GMAT test scores
- Personal statement.
Application Deadlines: Deadlines differ from program to program. Applicants are advised to check the program website for the same.
How much is the cost of attendance? The cost of attendance differs depending on the mandatory fees applied as well as if the applicant has applied to graduate or undergraduate programs. The tuition fee also changes depending on the program one has applied to. The distribution of expenses in the form of an estimated cost of studying in USA is as mentioned below.