Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Studying with the English department at Ilmenau University of Technology allows you to gain a deep insight into the cultural and historical implications of language and visual expression, while also giving you the opportunity to develop your skills in both fields.
Studying English at TUM is in focus. With our cross-cultural approach, we enable you to learn and develop your language skills, so that you can participate internationally in a meaningful way. You will not only improve your knowledge, but also your communication skills. You will learn not just what is needed to pass exams, but to converse and write creatively in an English-speaking environment – and this just as well with business partners as with your teacher.
Right here on Collegelearners, you can rest assured to obtain all the relevant information you need on TU Ilmenau research in computer and systems engineering, TU Ilmenau media technology, TU Ilmenau semester fee, Technical University Ilmenau industrial engineering, TU Ilmenau masters computer science, and so much more. Take out time to visit our catalog for more information on related topics.
tU ilmenau media technology
Established in 1894, the Technische Universität Ilmenau, often known as TU Ilmenau, Germany is a public research university. Programs offered at TU Ilmenau include 19 Bachelor’s and 25 Master’s degrees. It is a perfect spot for cultural exchange with many students at the university coming from different nations. It offers a vibrant campus life with a number of student clubs, organizations, and a range of cultural and performing events.
With 5,225 students (as of 2020), it is a small institute offering room for personal contact between students and university teachers. It attracts a lot of international students to study in Germany with 31% of its student body being international. TU Ilmenau supports individual well-being through numerous student, cultural, and sporting associations and initiatives in and outside the university
ilmenau university of technology ranking
|#801-1000th World Ranking||Times Higher Education|
|#62nd National Rank||CWUR|
|#1390 World Rank||CWUR|
|#66th Rank in Germany||US News|
|#515th Rank in Europe||US News|
|#1356th Rank Globally||US News|
|#57 Country Rank||UNI Rank|
|#890 World Rank||UNI Rank|
|Location||Ilmenau, Thuringia, Germany|
|Application Fee||25 EURO|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
|Intake Sessions||Winter And Summer|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Official Website||TU Ilmenau|
TU ILMENAU Campus
- There are a number of students’ clubs, organizations, and associations, such as a film, a radio broadcast, an orchestra, an ensemble, and a major band. Different associations include “Wohnzimmer Kultur”, which arranges concerts in students’ living rooms, and theatre groups.
- The University Sports Center: It offers a wide range of sports activities including a gym and a rock-climbing wall. The university also has many sports groups and clubs.
- There are bars, cafes, restaurants, and a cinema in the town center and a bowling alley in Pörlitzer Höhe.
- TU Ilmenau has several supermarkets close to campus like Netto (150m), Aldi (700m), Kaufland (800m), and Edeka (1000m).
TU ILMENAU Residence
- It offers accommodation facilities to Bachelor’s and Master’s students. There are no accommodation facilities for Ph.D. students, researchers, and lecturers. They have to find private accommodation. Offers are available on campus, in the town of Ilmenau itself, and the surrounding communities as well.
- Accommodation is offered by the university, municipal housing companies, housing co-operations, and private landlords.
- TU Ilmenau has an International Meeting Centre that houses 8 one-room, 3 two-room, 4 three-room, and 1 four-room apartment.
- It also houses a seminar and meeting room and has facilities like washing machines, telephone and internet access, garden, barbecue, and a playground. The rental period is 6 months to 2 years.
- There are three newly furnished and equipped apartments in the city area at the Helios building situated on the smaller city campus which is almost 1.5 km from the main campus.
TU ILMENAU Programs
- It offers 19 Bachelor’s and 25 Master’s courses as well as two diploma courses in the subject groups of engineering, mathematics, and natural sciences as well as economics and social sciences.
- TU Ilmenau does not offer any structured doctoral program. The students have to conduct individual research in their PhD supported by a scientific supervisor. The lectures or seminars that are to be attended are also determined individually.
- The majority of the master’s programs are taught in the English language but some are offered only in German such as Engineering Sciences, Mathematics, and Natural Sciences, and Business, and Social Studies.
- Programs at TU are offered through:
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Faculty of Computer Science and Automation
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Mathematics and Science
- Faculty of Economics and Media
TU ILMENAU Application Process
Application Portal: Applicants can apply for the TU Ilmenau admissions through the official website.
Application Fee: 25 EURO
- Winter Semester – July 15
- Summer Semester – January 15
- Completed Application
- Official Transcripts:
- University Entrance Qualification or Equivalent Transcripts or Entrance Examination
- Bachelor’s Degree (Graduate admissions)
- Program-specific requirements
- English Language Proficiency for English taught programs
- German Language Proficiency for German taught programs
Minimum German Language Requirements:
|TestDaF||4 x 4 points|
|TestDaF for technical subjects||2 x 4 points, 2 x 3 points|
Minimum English Language Requirements:
ilmenau university of technology fees
|Administrative Fee||96.40 Euro per semester|
|Rental Fee||210 Euro|
|Health Insurance, Hobbies, Culture||120 Euro|
|Traveling Expenses||80 Euro|
TU ILMENAU Financial Aids For International Students
Applicants can apply for the following scholarships to study in the Germany:
- The DAAD: It is the largest scholarship provider in Germany for foreign doctoral candidates. With the help of the Ministry of Education and Research, the DAAD supports foreign doctoral candidates studying in Germany.
- The Germany Scholarship: It gives 300 Euro per month, for at least one year independent of income. The recipients receive in total 3,600 Euro per year. It is given to graduate students.
- Ph.D. Completion Scholarship: 715 Euro per month is given to scientists for a maximum of 3 months towards the end of their Ph.D.
- Contact Scholarship: 715 Euro per month is given for a maximum of 6 months to qualified scientists who due to unemployment or professional activities overseas, have lost touch with their area of expertise and wish to re-establish work-related contacts.
- Conference Travel Grants: Scientists are qualified for funding to travel to a conference if a poster, presentation, or paper was submitted and acknowledged. Successful applicants will be supported by travel candidates and conference charges.
TU ILMENAU Alumni
The university’s alumni benefits and services include:
- IfMK’s alumni activities proffer networking with its staff and your fellow graduates. Alumni can utilize various online platforms and meetings organized by the university to keep in touch.
- Alumni are invited to class reunions, alumni days, and several other events.
- Advantage from the IfMK’s further/continuing training and extra qualification prospects that the Institute offers online and offline.
- The university offers consulting and support to Alumni wanting to start their own business or company. Furthermore, ‘auftakt. Das Gründerforum Ilmenau’ connects people who are keen on starting up a business with investors, sponsors, and supporters.
- Alumni have the privilege to give presentations and lectures or courses at the university, alongside the university assists in joint research projects.
Notable alumni of the university are:
- Matthias Platzeck: Minister-President of Brandenburg and party chairman of the SPD.
- Claudia Nolte: German politician of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), was the youngest cabinet minister in the history of German whilst in office from 1994–98 and was Federal Minister.
- Dieter Kalka: German writer, dramatist, poet, songwriter, speech therapist, editor, translator, and musician.
TU ILMENAU Placements
- It helps students to get placement opportunities in and out of Germany.
- Different placement programmes are organized such as Möglichkeiten von Auslandspraktika
- TU Ilmenau provides jobs and internship opportunities through the European job portal JobTeaser.
- A number of recruiters from well-known companies actively approach and hire TU Ilmenau graduates.
- Full-time jobs are also offered by the graduate school to students with outstanding academic records.
- Graduates of the TU Ilmenau can complete a funded internship after graduation