Last Updated on January 19, 2023
If you want to become a master of leadership, then it is important to understand how you can achieve this goal. A master’s degree in leadership is the first step that you need to take in order to demonstrate your leadership abilities and knowledge. Having the appropriate amount of knowledge will have an effect on the way that other people perceive you.
A good leader has many characteristics. If you want to improve your leadership skills, a good place to start would be by obtaining your master’s degree in leadership. This will help you become a better leader in the long term. A master’s degree in leadership degree is a crucial step in an aspiring leader’s career. There is no one ideal type of school that provides these programs, but first-hand accounts and reviews tell us where to find them.
Right here on Collegelearners, you can rest assured to obtain top-notch information on masters degree in leadership development and coaching, masters degree in leadership and management, how to get a master’s degree in educational leadership, is a master’s degree in leadership worth it, and so much more. Take out time to surf through our catalog for more information on related topics.
masters degree in leadership and management
Our master’s in leadership online program includes an embedded Graduate-Level Certificate in Leadership that you will earn after completing your first four courses. You can also choose from five specializations to tailor your studies to your personal passions and interests.
A master’s degree in leadership prepares students to manage and motivate others and find innovative answers to novel problems and challenges.
Evaluate your leadership style as you develop the problem-solving and management skills to build effective teams and organizations.
Gain critical skills executives need to be a successful leader, including how to plan for and use budgets and resources.
Integrated Communication Skills for Leaders
Explore how to use data and information to strengthen your position and communicate your vision to stakeholders.
Discover how to improve organizational capacity through the use of communication, knowledge management, training, and development.
Customize your studies by choosing nine credits from any of the MS in Leadership specialization courses.
We design our programmes and courses to be as flexible and innovative as possible—without sacrificing quality. We deliver specialist expertise and innovative learning materials as well as focusing on excellent student services and professional advice. Our programmes are characterised by the effective transfer of subject-specific knowledge and soft skills in order to prepare graduates for the international business world. Our distance learning materials allow you to gain an accredited degree from wherever you are and work around your job or personal commitments.
- #1 University in Europe: Join Europe’s largest private university with more than 70,000 students
- Digital, Flexible, 100% online: We offer outstanding, innovative digital learning materials and a great online environment for success in your studies wherever you are with online exams 24/7.
- Fully Accredited Degree: All our degrees benefit from German state accreditation and are internationally recognized in major jurisdictions such as the EU, US and UK
- Study at a 5-star rated University from QS: IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS (www.topuniversities.com)
- International Focus, Practical Orientation: We focus on practical training and an international outlook which gives IU graduates a decisive advantage: 94% of our graduates have a job within six months of graduation and, after an average of two years on the job, 80% move into management. Plus, we work closely with big companies such as Lufthansa, Sixt, and EY to give you great opportunities and insights.
- Scholarships available: Depending on your situation, motivation, and background, we offer scholarships that can reduce your tuition fees by up to 80%.
Your door to the business world
In Engineering Management, you will deal with the areas of business administration, management, and leadership in scientifically and practically oriented modules. You will acquire important management know-how and your analytical thinking will be trained. You are familiar with the “Internet of Things” and are able to distinguish between the different areas of activity. You will develop a sound understanding of both general and engineering-related tasks in project management and become familiar with the basic concepts and processes of product development.
masters in leadership and strategy
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Master of Arts (MA)
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)*
*earliest start date: December 1st, 2020; minimum number of participants required
- Study duration: Standard period of study: 12 months
Different time models possible
- Study model: Online study including online exams 24/7
The Master with a specialism in Engineering Management will prepare you for a career in the field of global financial markets and related areas.
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will develop skills in preparing and carrying out fiscal decisions on the international capital market.
- You will learn to work with financing options on international capital markets as well as accounting in compliance with international standards.
- You will obtain in-depth knowledge in the area of investment analysis and portfolio management to improve the fiscal performance of the business.
|1st semester||2nd semester|
|Managing in a Global EconomyStrategic ManagementManufacturing Methods Industry 4.0 and Internet of ThingsAdvanced Research MethodsOperations and Information Management||Product Development and Design ThinkingSeminar: Managing People and OrganisationsMaster Thesis & Colloquium|
- Completed undergraduate study from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution (240 ECTS).
- If you have less than 240 ECTS on your university degree, begin your studies after having passed our admission test TASC.
- A final grade of at least “Satisfactory” or grade C (as commonly used in the U.S and Canada).
- At least one year of work experience before the start of the IU Master programme (achieved after previous studies).
- Proof of English skills.
- If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you do not have to prove your English skills.
what can you do with a master’s in leadership
Just like German engineers themselves, German study programmes in engineering also enjoy a great reputation worldwide. As an Engineer Manager, you would understand high-level technical problems and be able to solve these problems using your knowledge of business management. That’s why Engineer Managers are in high demand at the interface between technology and management. After your Master’s, you will have excellent career prospects. You’ll thrive anywhere that requires interdisciplinary and extensive knowledge in the field of technology and business.
Explore your options
The huge corporate demand for globally-oriented executives and IU’s excellent reputation in academia and industry gives IU graduates huge leverage for a successful career, whether in their country of origin, in Germany or one of 25 Schengen countries covered by a post-study work permit.