Last Updated on August 28, 2023
When preparing for university, consider factors such as tuition, accommodation, acceptance rate, graduation rate, etc. Accordingly, if you plan to attend hinds community college in the near future, what are your thoughts about dental hygiene program there? This article contains all the information you need to learn about hinds community college dental hygiene program, hinds community college online classes, hinds community college cna program, hinds community college agriculture department, hinds community college nursing and hinds cc lpn program. You will also find related articles on hinds community college dental hygiene program on koboguide.
About Hinds Community College Dental Hygiene Program
Dental Assisting Technology is a career for individuals who enjoy patient contact, flexible hours, and the security of employable skills. It is ideal for the high school graduate seeking a stable career, the parent looking for a profession to coordinate with family responsibilities, or the adult searching for a second career choice.
After twelve months of training, the Dental Assisting graduate is prepared to assist the dentist at chairside, perform minor lab procedures, expose and develop radiographs, manage the front office, plus a variety of other skills.
Students who successfully complete the Dental Assisting program at Hinds Community College are eligible to sit for the national certification exam offered by the Dental Assisting National Board.
Scope of Practice
Please review the Mississippi State Board of Dental Examiner’s list of allowable and prohibited activities for dental assistants in the state of MS.
Courses Are Offered At These LocationsNursing & Allied Health Center
For a complete list of courses, please see our college catalog.College CatalogClass Schedule
hinds community college nursing program requirements
It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide the required data to:
Hinds Community College
Nursing/Allied Health Center
Office of Admissions
1750 Chadwick Drive
Jackson, MS 39204-3490
Submitting the information to any other Hinds Community College location will delay the processing of your file.
- Application for Admission to Hinds Community College
- Application for Selection submitted to Dental Assisting Technology
- Validation of high school graduation by official high school transcript or high school equivalency transcript (GED®, HiSET®, TASC™, or Mississippi Competency-Based High School Equivalency). (For currently enrolled high school students, an updated transcript, validating high school graduation, will be required prior to beginning the program.)
- Official transcripts from all colleges
- ACT composite of 18 (15 prior to 10/1989)
- Must be 18 years of age by the 2nd semester of the program
- Placement level: ENG=3, MAT=2, REA=4
*Admission to the program is a Competitive Selection Process: Rating Scale based on ACT composite; math & reading sub-scores; and previous military service, certificate or degree.
Preference Deadline: April 15th for Fall; October 15th for Spring
- Fall applications will be available March 1st thru July 31st. Spring applications will be available September 1st thru January 1st.
- Preference will be given to applicants who complete the application procedure by April 15th for fall admission and by October 15th for spring admission.
- Individuals who have submitted all required admission documents will be considered for program admission based on a rating scale that includes: ACT composite score; ACT Math and Reading subscores; highest previous certificate or degree; and military experience.
- Applicants selected into the program are required to attend a scheduled orientation session.
- Applicants not selected for a class may reapply for subsequent classes by submitting a new Application for Selection to the Dental Assisting Technology Program.
Process for Selection for Transfer Admission
- Requirements for transfer of credit courses are explained in the Catalog under Transfer Students.
- The Dental Assisting Technology program does not accept transfer credit for Dental Assisting Technology courses.
- Dental Assisting Technology courses may not transfer to other colleges.
- Some colleges may accept Hinds Community College Dental Assisting Technology coursework for transfer, if the student satisfactory completes the Dental Assisting Technology program and has current CDA certification.
hinds community college programs
The program in Dental Assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678. The Commission’s web address is: http://www.ada.org/en/coda.
- Infection Control Policy & Procedures
- Exposure Incident Policy
- Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens Policy
- Radiation Safety Policies
dental hygiene programs in ms
University of Mississippi
4 Year • University, MS
University of Mississippi is a public university based in University, Mississippi. It is an institution with an enrollment of over 3,694 bachelor’s degree candidates. The admission criteria is somewhat competitive with the acceptance rate of 83%.
#1 in Best Dental Hygiene Colleges & Universities in MississippiAcceptance Rate83%Net Price$24,822SAT Range1070-1290ACT Range22-29Get your Admission ChanceAdd to My Schools
East Mississippi Community College
2-4 Year • Scooba, MS
East Mississippi Community College is a public university based in Scooba, Mississippi.
#2 in Best Dental Hygiene Colleges & Universities in MississippiNet Price$12,555Get your Admission ChanceAdd to My Schools
Meridian Community College
2-4 Year • Meridian, MS
Meridian Community College is a public university based in Meridian, Mississippi.
#3 in Best Dental Hygiene Colleges & Universities in MississippiNet Price$11,304Get your Admission ChanceAdd to My Schools
Pearl River Community College
2-4 Year • Poplarville, MS
Pearl River Community College is a public university based in Poplarville, Mississippi.
#4 in Best Dental Hygiene Colleges & Universities in MississippiNet Price$13,550Get your Admission ChanceAdd to My Schools
Mississippi Delta Community College
2-4 Year • Moorhead, MS
Mississippi Delta Community College is a public university based in Moorhead, Mississippi.
#5 in Best Dental Hygiene Colleges & Universities in MississippiNet Price$9,110Get your Admission ChanceAdd to My Schools
2-4 Year • Booneville, MS
Northeast Mississippi Community College is a public university based in Booneville, Mississippi.
#6 in Best Dental Hygiene Colleges & Universities in Mississippi