Last Updated on August 30, 2023
The HEC Paris MSc in International Finance (MIF) program caters for excellent self motivated minds that look to succeed in a career in finance and consulting. The program focuses strongly on analytical sphere yet accessible for business, finance or economics, physics or engineering backgrounds. Students a e presented with the opportunity to study with faculty members who lead well in their respective fields. Capstone projects involve students in finding solutions to real world problems, providing experiences that can apply directly to jobs after graduation.
MSc International Finance
|About this course|
- The Financial Times ranked the HEC Paris MSc International Finance the number one pre-experience global master in finance worldwide for the sixth consecutive year in 2017
- The program is best suitable for highly-motivated top achieving graduates looking to succeed in a career in finance and consulting
- The program aims to lay the necessary foundations for any career in finance and provide in-depth knowledge
- The program offers two specialization area to choose from Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
- Students will study subjects such as Corporate Finance theory, Corporate valuation, Securities markets, Financial statement analysis, Introduction to finance etc.
#2 Master in Management- FT (Financial Times) 2020
#1 Master in Finance- FT (Financial Times) 2020
#19 Accounting & Finance- QS 2020
Fees & Expenses
|Tuition & fees||INR 26,42,019|
Other expenses in 1st year
|Hostel & Meals||INR 2,50,183|
|Administrative Fee||INR 69,016|
|Student Services Fee||INR 1,38,032|
Calculated at the exchange rate of 1 Euro = INR 86.27|
|Entry requirements for this course|
|Class 12th||No specific cutoff mentioned|
|Bachelors||No specific cutoff mentionedApplicant should hold a Bachelor/Master’s 2:1 honors or above (or equivalent) degree from an international institutionApplicant should have prior training (at least introductory level) in financial accounting, corporate finance, investments, derivatives, business statistics and calculus|
|Exams||TOEFL : AcceptedIELTS : AcceptedGRE : AcceptedGMAT : Accepted|
|Additional info||ELP requirement may be waived if applicants have earned a degree from an institution in which ALL instruction is conducted in English|
WHY JOIN THE MSC INTERNATIONAL FINANCE?
Get the best education in Finance
Our MSc in International Finance is ranked number one worldwide (2021 FT Rankings)
Benefit from a perfect balance of theory and practice
Our Msc in International Finance program is taught by world class researchers as well as influential practitioners.
Harness the full potential of a customizable program
Thanks to a wide variety of electives and two tracks, the MIF program is fully tailored to your needs and ambitions
Tap into HEC Paris’ extensive professional opportunities
HEC’s expansive alumni network gathers more than 57,000 graduates in over 130 countries. It is composed of 75 chapters and over 1000 networking events are organized each year.
Make the most of HEC Paris’ intensive career coaching
Numerous fairs, workshops, conferences with leaders and one-to-one sessions are organized to help you fast-track your career.
82% International students
23 Average age
710 Median GMAT
99% Employed within 3 months
68% Work outside their home country
€76,000 Average starting salary
€149,000 Average salary after 3 years
5 Job fairs on Campus
Over 300 companies recruited HEC graduates
MSc International Finance
Our MIF program welcomes high potential students and recent graduates from around the world. The initial selection is based on the evaluation of all the application elements. Pre-selected students are then invited to a challenging interview (on Skype or on campus).
HEC welcomes applications from candidates of all nationalities, who are fluent in English and who have a strong quantitative background.
For the Business track, they must also:
- hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an international institution – 2:1 honors or above (or equivalent: Dean’s list…)
- have prior training (at least introductory level) in financial accounting, corporate finance, investments, derivatives, business statistics and calculus.
For the Accelerated track, they must also: hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an international institution, or a master degree from a French university or engineering school (“Grande Ecole”) – 2:1 honors or above (or equivalent: Dean’s list…).
Click here to know everything about the program prerequisities.
The selection is a 2 phase process:
- A first selection is made based on the evaluation of your application and supporting documents.
- The pre-selected candidates will then be invited for a face-to-face or Skype interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: hec.edu/applytomasters/
Supporting documents to be up-loaded before the application deadline:
- Degree certificate(s) or current enrollment certificate
- All official academic transcripts obtained in a higher education institution (exchange programs included) with official GPA
- Résumé (CV)
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report
- English language proficiency test score report: TOEFL or TOEIC (Bridge or Listening and Reading or Speaking and Writing) or IELTS or Cambridge
- 2 completed online reference forms (at least one should be filled out by a professor)
- Passport-style photo
- Non-refundable application fee of €110.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR MIF PROGRAM TRACK
Candidates are only allowed to apply to one track within a parent program. This means that a first choice MIF application cannot have a MIF track as a second choice.
Each applicant must choose either Accelerated Track or Business Track, keeping in mind that the ideal candidate profile for each track is different. Please see “THE PROFILE WE VALUE” if you are unsure which track to choose.
Each applicant must then choose either Capital Markets or Corporate Finance as a specialization. If you are unsure which specialization to choose, please see our “COURSE PORTFOLIO” section.
See examples below that demonstrate these rules:
|FIRST CHOICE||SECOND CHOICE|
|MSc in International Finance – Business Track – Specialization in Capital Markets||MSc in International Finance – Business Track – Specialization in Corporate Finance||No|
|MSc in International Finance – Accelerated Track – Specialization in Capital Markets||MSc in International Finance – Business Track – Specialization in Capital Markets||No|
|MSc in International Finance – Accelerated Track – Specialization in Capital Markets||MSc in International Finance – Business Track – Specialization in Corporate Finance||No|
|MSc in International Finance – Accelerated Track – Specialization in Capital Markets||Grande Ecole Master in Management||OK|
|MSc in International Finance – Business Track – Specialization in Capital Markets||MSc Strategic Management||OK|
|MSc in International Finance – Accelerated Track – Specialization in Corporate Finance||MS Entrepreneur||OK|
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY 2nd CHOICE APPLICATIONS THAT FALL UNDER THE SAME PARENT PROGRAM AS THE 1st CHOICE WILL NOT BE STUDIED.
|APPLICATION DEADLINES NO LATER THAN||ADMISSIBILITY RESULTS NO LATER THAN||ADMISSION RESULTS NO LATER THAN 6PM (CEST) ON:|
|ROUND 1||October 19, 2021 at 12pm (noon)||November 10, 2021||November 25, 2021|
|ROUND 2*||January 5, 2022 at 12pm (noon)||January 27, 2022||February 17, 2022|
|ROUND 3||March 2, 2021 at 12pm (noon)||March 24, 2022||April 14, 2022|
|ROUND 4||April 20, 2022 at 12pm (noon)||May 12, 2022||June 2, 2022|
*Students from Tsinghua University who wish to participate in our MIF double-degree program must apply in Round 2.