Last Updated on December 5, 2022
Canada’s Best Cheap Diploma Courses For International Students. The post about Cheapest Vocational Courses In Canada For International Students points out several factors for choosing the best program that addresses the needs and expectations of international students.
The tuition fees for international students are much lower in Canada than the other countries. Hence, the payment on your chosen vocational subjects is even better. Here’s a brief roundup of lowest-cost vocational programs you can take for international students in Canada.
Canada is a great choice for international students looking for a high-quality, affordable education. You can choose from a wide variety of vocations and programs that will help you prepare for your career in Canada. There are many cheap vocational courses in Canada for international students, and we’ve researched the best ones for you!
The best way to find out which programs are available at your prospective school is to visit the website, call them directly, or email them. If you’re considering enrolling in an online course, be aware that some schools may charge additional fees for these programs. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are many different types of colleges in Canada; some offer more vocational courses than others. When choosing which college or university to attend, make sure that they offer the type of courses that interest you most (e.g., nursing).
Many colleges offer free tuition to international students who apply before May 1st each year; however, if this isn’t possible due to deadlines at other schools then consider applying earlier so that you have more time to complete all necessary paperwork such as transcripts and financial aid forms before classes begin later in August or September depending on when school starts back up again after summer break ends around
Were you looking for a long time without success for Cheapest Vocational Courses In Canada For International Students? See Collegelearners.com for such information. Now on the infolearners.com platform, all the relevant information you need on the aforementioned topic is at your fingertips! Obtain simple and detailed information on Canadian vocational training center, online vocational courses Canada & free international vocational training and other related topics.
Cheapest Vocational Courses In Canada For International Students
Free International Vocational Training
Interested to study in a foreign country but not ready for a long-term commitment? Not to worry! Canadian short courses are just what you are looking for.
Why study in Canada though? As per the reports of the Canadian Bureau of International Education from 2018, over 494,000 International students are enrolled in Canadian institutes, across various levels of education. The magnetic appeal of Canada as a study destination can also be perceived by the fact that it holds the fourth position as receiver of post-secondary international students after the United States, United Kingdom, and China.
One of the reasons for this growth is the rising popularity of short courses among international students in recent years. The short-duration of the course, job-oriented curriculum, affordable tuition fees, less stringent entrance criteria, and cordial immigration policies add to the attractiveness of such short courses.
Short Courses: Types and Difference
Short courses in Canada are offered in the form of Diploma and Certificate courses that focus on a particular specialization and aim to make the students industry-ready. The main difference between these two lies in terms of duration and depth of study.
A certificate course lasts only for a year while a diploma may take two-three years to complete. 6-month certificate courses are also available at some colleges of Canada.
Colleges in Canada offer diploma and certificate courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level:
- Post-secondary diploma/Certificate: Students can apply for post-secondary diploma/certificate course after completing their secondary education. Some certificate courses are offered at high school level too. Duration of the diploma courses is usually two years. It may extend up to three or four years, depending upon the program and college offering the course.
- Post-graduate Diploma/Certificate: These courses are an extension of undergraduate programs and are meant to add value to the bachelor’s degree. Post-graduate diploma in Canada, comprising of two to three semesters can be completed within a year.
Short Courses (Diploma and Certificate) vs. Degree Programs
Both, Diploma/Certificates courses and Degree programs offered in Canada have pros and cons. So which one to pick? Here is a comparative analysis to help you.
Duration: Short courses can be completed within two years except for some engineering courses which extend up to three years. An undergraduate degree in Canada takes as long as three to four years to complete.
Curriculum: Short courses are job-oriented involving more training and practical aspects while degree programs are meant for academic knowledge.
Cost: Degree programs are more expensive to attend. An undergraduate degree tuition cost ranges between CAD 18,000 – CAD 20,000 for a year. Short courses are much cheaper starting from a tuition cost of just CAD 2,000/year.
Validity: A degree from Canada is recognized everywhere in the world. However short courses do not have much value in other countries.
Visa and Residency: Canada immigration policies grant study permit for studying all types of courses offered in Canada. However, a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) is issued only to those enrolled in courses of 8 months or longer duration.
Conclusion! If you have those nerdy genes with sufficient time and money, Canada offers enough degree programs to study. However, students looking for longer stay in the country, with a good-paying job, but are facing constraints of time and money, can look out for short courses.
Cheap diploma Courses in Canada for International Students
Choosing a course is one of the most difficult decisions to take. Especially when you are going abroad for studies. Ending up at the wrong place only slows down the growth you will be expecting. Take a look at the following short courses offering greater job opportunities in Canada with good salary package:
A postgraduate degree is a crucial addition to your educational credentials because it not only allows you to receive advanced knowledge but also serves as a platform for skill development.
Aside from standard Master’s programs, institutes around the world, including those in Canada, offer one-year or two-year PG diploma programs for students from various fields.
So, if you want to study in Canada, particularly, 2 years PG diploma courses, below is a list of some PG diploma courses:
- PG Diploma in Finance
- PG Diploma in Marketing
- PG Diploma in Human Resources
- PG Diploma in Business Analytics
- PG Diploma in International Business Management
- PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Pg Diploma in Accounting
- PG Diploma in Project Management
Other diploma courses includes:
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Advanced Neonatal Nursing
- Computer Systems Technology – Networking (Fast-Track)
- Computer Systems Technician
- Environmental Technician
- Biotechnology – Advanced
- Energy Systems Engineering Technology
Eligibility Cheap Diploma Courses in Canada
Getting admissions to a PG Diploma course in Canada does not require international students to fulfill complex requirements. Unlike Masters in Canada, you can apply for a diploma course even after a three-year bachelor’s degree. Some of the important eligibility requirements for pursuing PG Diploma in Canada are:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject with at least 65% or more aggregate marks.
- Some courses in business administration, management, marketing, etc may require you to have work experience of 2 years.
- English Language Proficiency: International applicants must have IELTS/TOEFL.
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: 550 (pBT), and 213 (cBT), 88 (iBT)
The admission process for diploma programs in Canada is highly flexible. The documents required for getting into P Diploma programs are:
- Transcripts of previous education
- Study permit
- SOP for PG diploma courses Canada
- Letter of Recommendation
- Proof of finances
Diploma Fees in Canada for International Students
A number of private and independent colleges in Canada offer PG Diploma courses. Some of the popular PG Diploma colleges in Canada among international students are:
|College||Avg. Fees (CAD/year)|
|George Brown College||4,900|
|The Sheridan College||19,000|
|St. Stephens College||10,000|
|North Island College||16,000|
|St. Lawrence College||8,543|
cheap technical colleges in canada for international students
With campuses in Montreal, Quebec and Toronto, Ontario, Trebas Institute is a private, bilingual, post-secondary college in Canada specializing in the recording arts (audio, film and television, music and entertainment management), as well as business & technology.
Taught in both English and French, our programs are accessible to a wide range of students, and are updated to reflect changes within the industry.
Many of our programs also conclude with internships to give you something to put on your resume and to provide you with an opportunity to work out which role really suits your interests.
Since 1979, we’ve helped over 3,000 graduates (Canadian & international students) achieve their goals of working in film, business, music & technology by providing a range of affordable programs.
Trebas Institute provides state-of-the-art facilities in Montreal and Toronto, and access to industry equipment including audio and filmmaking gear, sign-out labs and studios. In addition, you’ll be able to participate in internships to help you showcase your knowledge and hone your skills.
Our instructors also bring a wealth of industry knowledge to the programs and are ready to provide you with the support you need to reach your ambitions. Contact us today to receive information on your your chosen career path!
Accredited Diploma Programs:
- Diploma in Audio and Video Post-Production
- Diploma in Live Sound
- Diploma in Sound Recording
- Diploma in Sound Design
- Diploma in Audio Engineering and Production/DJ Arts
- Diploma in Film and Television Production
- Diploma in Film & Television Production and Post-Production
- Diploma in E-Commerce and Online Business Management
- Diploma in Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Diploma in Event and Venue Management
- Diploma in Entertainment Management
- Diploma in Show and Event Management
- Diploma in Music Business Administration
2. Centennial CollegeCourses / ProgramsCentennial College in Toronto, Ontario, offers more than 100 degree, diploma, and certificate programs on a full- and part-time basis in a wide range of academic fields that include Business, Communication, Digital Design, Engineering, Health Sciences, and Transportation among many others. Students may also prepare for college and university through the general arts and science programs, English language training, and a variety of other short programs.
Centennial has a record of exemplary teaching, innovative programming, and extensive partnerships with employers. Our programs provide college and university graduates with up-to-the-minute skills demanded by employers.
Whether you’re interested in training for your current or future career, earning transfer credits for university studies, or just pursuing your interests, Centennial College can help you reach your goals. With 100+ full-time programs, more than 160 part-time programs and 1,000s of part-time courses, you’ll find what you (and your employers) need at Centennial.
Degree, Diploma & Certificate Programs include:
- Bachelor Degree
- Post-Grad Diploma
- Advanced Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
Course categories include:
- Communication Arts
- Community Services & Child Studies
- Computers, Digital Design
- Engineering Technology
- Health Sciences
3. Discovery Community College, BCCourses / ProgramsDiscovery Community College is a professional private college in British Columbia with multiple locations on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland, including Campbell River, Courtenay, Nanaimo, Parksville and Maple Ridge.
We offer a range of Diploma courses in fields such as Trades, Web Development, Healthcare and Business, in addition to interactive online programs in a wide variety of subjects. Our programs are efficiently designed to equip our graduates with all the knowledge and experience they need to achieve their career goals in short periods of time.
We live up to our name here at Discovery Community College. Our professional faculty works with you to help you discover your potential and develop skills to succeed in today’s job market. Our objectives are to encourage the individual learning needs of each student, and to offer hands-on education, utilizing the latest technology.
As part of our goal to offer the best hands-on training to our students, Discovery Community College has formed alliances with numerous distinguished community partners. We are also registered with and fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of BC, since 1996.
Diploma & Certificate Programs:
- Residential Construction Programs
- Advanced Commercial Web Development Diploma Program
- Health Care Assistant
- Community Support Worker
- Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Dental Assistant Level II
- Medical Dental Office Management
- Accounting and Finance Certificate
- Computer Business Applications
- Medical Dental Accounting Admin Diploma
- Office Administration Certificate
4. Canadian Automotive Trucking InstituteCourses / ProgramsWith locations in Cambridge, Mississauga and Oshawa, Ontario, Canadian Automotive & Trucking Institute (CATI) offers quality diploma programs in the fields of Automotive Technology and Transportation Operations. CATI is registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
If you would like to become an auto mechanic, service advisor or parts specialist, or pursue one of the many rewarding positions in the transportation industry, then CATI is the school for you. Whether you are finishing high school, looking for a better profession or re-training, CATI will give you the skills you need to launch a rewarding career.
Our intensive diploma programs will have you trained and on the job in less than a year and are among the best in the industry. They feature practical, hands-on training, experienced instructors, and state-of-the-art equipment.
- 39-week intensive Automotive Technology diploma program (Cambridge campus only)
- 17-week Transportation Operations Specialist diploma program
- Advanced Automotive Service Advisor diploma program
5. Southern Interior Flight CentreCourses / ProgramsSouthern Interior Flight Centre (SIFC) is a Canadian aviation training school in Kelowna in southern British Columbia, approximately 270 km north-east of Vancouver. Southern Interior Flight Centre provides safe, effective, ‘real world’ aviation training, while setting high standards to ensure the integrity of the school and its graduates is maintained throughout the aviation industry.
Our pilot licence and rating programs are exciting opportunities for you to chase your dreams and become a member of the elite flying community. Industry-experienced leadership and instruction ensure you not only learn the basics, but also the ‘Real World’ of aviation.
Our graduates are flying around the globe. We offer everything from the recreational pilot permit and private pilot license to the all-inclusive commercial aviation diploma, in conjunction with Okanagan College. Our programs are well respected and supported by key figures in the aviation industry. Many of our courses are supplied or augmented by aviation companies, employers and industry pilots.
Students have to be 14 years before they can practice on their own, and 16 before the final private pilot licence can be issued.
Aviation training programs:
- Commercial Aviation diploma program (2-years): For men & women who are interested in pursuing a career in aviation
- Recreational Pilot Permit program
- Private Pilot Licence program
- Commercial Pilot Licence program
- Multi Engine Rating program
- Instrument Rating (IFR) program
- Night Rating program
- VFR Over-The-Top Rating (VFR OTT) program
- Instructor Rating program
Diploma and Certificate courses are offered by Public Colleges, Community Colleges, CEGEPs (Vocational Colleges) and some of the Universities.
Here is a sneak peek at average placement offers for students passed out from five of the popular Canadian colleges with a short-term course:
How to Apply for Short Courses in Canada?
Education system in Canada is under provincial jurisdiction. Hence curriculum structure and admission requirements for diploma/certificate courses vary from province to province, but some basic directives for International students remain common across all the colleges.
Application Portal and Fees
- Ontario: All 26 public colleges of Ontario accepts application through Ontario Common Application Portal which charges CAD 95 application processing fee. Students can apply to 5 short courses (not more than 3 per college) starting from the same academic year.
- Quebec: SRAM accepts an application for 32 out of 48 CEGEPs of Quebec. An amount of CAD 85, payable through Credit/Debit Card, Bank Draft/Money Order or Bank Transfer, is charged as application processing fee.
- Alberta: Students can submit an application for post-secondary diploma and certificate courses offered by institutes located in Alberta through Alberta Common Application. The application processing fee, payable through Credit Card, varies with the institutes.
- Others: Colleges not associated with the above application portals accept individual applications for admission.
Admission Requirements for Short Courses in Canada
- Academic Transcripts:
Majority of the colleges ask for a transcript of the last four years of high school for post-secondary diploma/certificate admission. Bachelor’s degree is required for post-graduate diploma/certificate admission.
Transcripts should be original and translated in English. Some colleges also accept certified copies of original transcripts at the time of application considering original documents are provided at the time of enrolment. Transcripts can be submitted through electronic medium or mail depending upon the requirements of the college.
- Birth Certificate and Parental Consent: Vocational colleges, specially CEGEPs requires submission of birth certificate. Additionally, students below 18 years of age according to their birth certificate, must also submit parental consent (form or application) for studying in Canada.
- Language Proficiency:
Students not from English speaking countries are required to provide proof of English proficiency by submitting scores of one of the below tests:
Colleges with French curriculum, particularly CEGEPs, have French proficiency requirements, for students not from the French-speaking country. It can be demonstrated by submitting one of the following certificates:
- TCF tout public
- DELF tout public niveau 2
Several colleges offer courses in both French and English. In this case, either of the two test scores, French or English, can be submitted as proof of language proficiency.
- Immigration Documents:
A Canadian study permit is required for enrolment in diploma and certificate courses, of longer than six months duration. For courses of duration less than six months, a temporary visa is also acceptable.
Following documents are required to apply for a study permit:
- A temporary resident visa/travel document
- Current passport
- Acceptance letter from Designated Learning Institutes (DSI)
Job Opportunities after Short Courses in Canada
Colleges offering short professional courses, primarily have an integrated internship provision with the course. You’ll get the first-hand experience of working in a Canadian corporate environment. Also, the experience gets added to your resume, which makes finding a job easier once the course is complete.
Colleges also have a Career Specialist appointed to help students get a suitable job. Placement offers are also provided by some colleges in association with companies, eliminating the need to waste your energy on job hunting.
Job Permits for International Students in Canada after completing Short Courses
Students enrolled in short courses, in Canada, are eligible to apply for Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). A post-graduate work permit allows international students to work full-time, part-time or be self-employed while living in Canada.
The permit is issued to those who have completed at least an 8 months of course from Canadian college. Completion of a diploma or certificate course as a full-time student is mandatory. Part-time students are not eligible for Post-Graduate Work Permit.
Duration of PGWP depends upon the length of course:
- For course of duration less than two years: Post-graduate work permit is issued for time-span equal to the duration of the program.
- For course of duration more than two years: The duration of the permit issued is three years. It will also clear your way to the Permanent Residency considering you work in Canada for at least 12 months within these past three years.
Requirements for Post-Graduate Work Permit:
- Processing fee of CAD 225
- A Study Permit valid upto 180 days after finishing the course
- Official letter from college confirming completion of course
- Official transcripts of course studied
- Biometric data (fingerprints and photo)
- A Passport valid up to the duration of PGWP
Short courses may not have global recognition. However, if you plan on settling down in Canada, they provide you the easiest route to Permanent Residency.
There are many reasons why myriads of international students choose Canada as their study destination. Universities in the True North offer world-class courses, excellent quality of life and one may choose to gain work experience in the country before going back home. Here is a list of cheap universities in Canada for international students that will convince you that truly, Canada is the place to be. Image: pexels.com Source: UGC Canada ranks among the best countries in the world, offering quality and affordable education. The education system in the country has attracted many foreign learners who get admissions into their institutions. The low and affordable tuition fees are also motivating factors for studying in the North American country. Students will, therefore, pay relatively less for quality education. This list of cheap universities in Canada for international students will help you choose the best and most affordable institution to study at.
List Of The Cheapest Colleges In Canada For International Students 2020
Here is a list of the affordable colleges is presented below
- ALGONQUIN COLLEGE
- BOW VALLEY COLLEGE
- CAMOSUN COLLEGE
- WE COLLEGE
- GEORGIAN COLLEGE
- LAMBTON COLLEGE
- NIAGARA COLLEGE
- LETHBRIDGE COLLEGE
- LOYALIST COLLEGE
- SENECA COLLEGE
- SELKIRK COLLEGE
- NORTHERN LIGHTS COLLEGE
- HUMBER COLLEGE
- ST.LAWRENCE COLLEGE
- SHERIDAN COLLEGE
- CENTENNIAL COLLEGE
- CONESTOGA COLLEGE
- CONFEDERATION COLLEGE