Last Updated on August 28, 2023
So, you’re interested in Florida National University requirements? A lot of people may not know this but Florida National University is one of the most cutthroat institutions when it comes to their acceptance rate. I can still remember my excitement at the thought of attending such an exclusive institution.
Among the many things to consider when planning for college is the tuition fee, of course. However, if you are planning to attend the florida national university, then you should be concerned with the tuition.
All you have to do is read on for more information on the florida national university acceptance rate , florida national university application fee, florida national university requirements, florida national university online & fnu nursing program reviews.
Florida National University Tuition
Florida National University-Main Campus is a prominent educational institution known for offering a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a wide assortment of streams, providing quality training to students. The tuition fees charged at FNUMC is quite moderate compared to the expense of education at most institutions. The 2020 – 2021 official data shows that the estimated average cost for students pursuing undergraduate courses at Florida National University-Main Campus comes to around $13,688, which includes tuition and other expenses as well. The books and supplies cost $1,500, while the other expenses add up to $5,596.
Total Cost of Attendance
|Tuition & Fees||$13,688||$13,688|
|Book & Supplies||$1,500||$1,500|
|Room & Board cost||NA||NA|
|Total Cost of Attendance||NA||NA|
Students should understand that the tuition fees charged for their degree programs is not the only expense that is involved in the cost of attending the university. They will be required to plan for various other expenses associated with the cost of attendance, including lodging, dining, textbooks, supplies, and the cost of living, among other things. For students attending the university, the total tuition and fees for one year add up to about $13,688. Apart from that, they should also pay an average amount of $1,500 toward books and supplies, $9,747 for room and boarding charges, and $5,596 toward other expenses in a year. So, the overall cost of attending FNUMC comes out to be about $30,531 per year, according to the most recent information available.
Average Net Price by Family Income
The net price of attending Florida National University-Main Campus is nothing but the actual amount that the students are required to pay in a year. It depends upon the annual family income of the applicant. The net cost to be borne is typically higher for candidates whose family income is comparatively higher. Simply put, the family income of the candidate is a key factor in determining the net amount. At FNUMC, the average net price is estimated to be $20,274. The net price for students with an annual family income below $30,000 is reported to be around $20,584. For the individuals who come under the $30,001-$48,000 income category, the net cost is $20,610. This amount stands at $20,620 for those with an annual income between $48,001 and $75,000.
To have a realistic understanding of how much it will cost to study at Florida National University here is an example one can consider to estimate the payment amounts one will incur with a student loan. Take a loan of $80,104 for example. This will result in a $9,976 payment to be made each year. We can assume that the interest rate is 4.5% post any refinancing or consolidation activities with a 10 years repayment plan. Then the total payment made towards the loan is $99,757 which is $19,653 in addition to the principal amount, which constitutes the interest payment made throughout the life of the loan.
Undergraduate Tuition and Fees
|Tuition & Fees||$13,688||$13,688|
|Room & Board Cost||N/A||N/A|
|Total Tuition & Fees||N/A||N/A|
At Florida National University-Main Campus, the estimated tuition and fees for candidates who have enrolled in undergraduate programs are $13,688 per year. They would also be required to pay around $9,747 for their room and boarding expenses. Accordingly, the overall cost for undergraduate students at the university totals about $30,531 per year, based on the available data.
Graduate Tuition and Fees
Now, coming to the tuition and fees charged for students seeking to pursue postgraduate courses at FNUMC, the amount totals around $16,688. This includes $16,200 for the graduate tuition as well as an amount of $488 for the graduation fees.
florida national university acceptance rate
Florida National University Main Campus Admissions
Florida National University–Main Campus admissions is less selective with an acceptance rate of 81%.
Majors & Degrees
|Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services||Associate||Bachelors|
|Accounting And Related Services, Other|
|Accounting Technology/technician And Bookkeeping|
|Business Administration And Management, General|
|Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services, Other|
|Hospitality Administration/management, General|
|Communication, Journalism And Related Programs||Associate||Bachelors|
|Digital Communication And Media/multimedia|
|Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services||Associate||Bachelors|
|Network And System Administration/administrator|
|Web Page, Digital/multimedia And Information Resources Design|
|Health Professions And Related Clinical Sciences||Associate||Bachelors|
|Allied Health And Medical Assisting Services, Other|
|Dental Laboratory Technology/technician|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonography/sonographer And Ultrasound Technician|
|Health Services Administration|
|Medical/health Management And Clinical Assistant/specialist|
|Physical Therapy Assistant|
|Radiologic Technology/science – Radiographer|
|Registered Nursing/registered Nurse|
|Respiratory Care Therapy/therapist|
|Respiratory Therapy Technician/assistant|
|Legal Professions And Studies||Associate||Bachelors|
|Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities||Associate||Bachelors|
|Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities, Other|
|Liberal Arts And Sciences/liberal Studies|
|Public Administration And Social Service Professions||Associate||Bachelors|
|Security And Protective Services||Associate||Bachelors|
|Criminal Justice/law Enforcement Administration|
|Criminal Justice/safety Studies|
florida national university requirements
Application & Requirements
Instructions on the application process:
- Application for admission, including all admissions credentials, must be received at least 30 days prior to the semester in which the applicant plans to enroll.
- High school academic transcript(s) must be official.
- Transcript(s) in languages other than English must include an official certified English translation.
- Students must demonstrate English proficiency when enrolling in a career program. (TOEFL 62/IELTS 5.5).
- Foreign schools attended must have proper accreditation by the Ministry of Education of their country or a USA accrediting commission.
- Documented evidence of means of financial support must be provided to FNU for admission purposes and for issuance of the Certificate of Eligibility (I-20-M-N) form. This evidence is also required by the American Embassy or Consulate when applying for a student visa to enter the United States.
- International students must have funds available for paying fees when they register for their classes each semester. Financial aid in the form of grants or loans from federal or state sources is not available to international students.
- Students must arrive in the USA a week prior to the start date.
English as a second language (ESL)
Undergraduate Programs (Bachelor Programs)
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Master in Health Service Administration (MHSA)
What GPA do you need to get into Florida National University-Main Campus?
Florida National University-Main Campus’s average GPA is 3.15. Florida National University-Main Campus does require GPA. Florida National University-Main Campus is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Florida National University-Main Campus application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year – to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
What is Florida National University-Main Campus’s acceptance rate?
Last year Florida National University-Main Campus’s acceptance rate was 0.0. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
As you can see, Florida National University-Main Campus is just as competitive as it was last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Florida National University-Main Campus – it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Florida National University-Main Campus Require Test Scores?
Florida National University-Main Campus requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Florida National University-Main Campus’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Florida National University-Main Campus SAT Requirements
Florida National University-Main Campus’s average SAT score is – – this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed – it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Florida National University-Main Campus is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Florida National University-Main Campus’s average SAT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Florida National University-Main Campus your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted.
Florida National University-Main Campus ACT Requirements
Florida National University-Main Campus’s average ACT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Florida National University-Main Campus your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
How hard is it to get into Florida National University-Main Campus?
As you can see from the data above, Florida National University-Main Campus is exceptionally difficult to get into. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.15 but also SAT scores around -. Getting into Florida National University-Main Campus is no easy feat and you will need to set yourself apart with more than just numbers and data.
Florida National University-Main Campus Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Florida National University-Main Campus from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Florida National University-Main Campus
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Florida National University-Main Campus. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Florida National University-Main Campus, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Florida National University-Main Campus admission standards.
- Score at least a – on the SAT or – on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Florida National University-Main Campus’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Florida National University-Main Campus values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Hialeah has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Florida National University-Main Campus wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school – they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Hialeah area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Florida National University-Main Campus needs to see past your test scores and grades – they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores – your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Florida National University-Main Campus something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Florida National University-Main Campus app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Florida National University-Main Campus’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause – submit your app a few days early.