Last Updated on January 18, 2023
It is sometimes difficult to get information on the internet because there are many disreputable sources of information. This article will provide you with all of the information you are looking for regarding finance degree online indiana.
The CollegeLearners site has more information on indiana university ms finance online, indiana university masters in finance, indiana university bloomington finance, indiana university finance ranking, and indiana university kelley school of business undergraduate.
Indiana State is committed to these core values:
Learning: We prepare the next generation of leaders and citizens by providing personalized and transformative experiences that lead to success in the classroom and beyond.
Discovery: We nurture intellectual curiosity and growth through the creation of new knowledge and the joy of enhanced human understanding.
Engagement: We collaborate with our local and global communities to create long-term relationships, connectedness with integrity, and a shared sense of pride.
Inclusiveness: We take action to honor the diversity of individuals, ideas and expressions, ensuring they are genuinely recognized, valued, and lived.
Indiana State University Vision Statement
We will be the university of choice for students seeking a distinctive, high-quality education highlighted by challenging experiences that prepare our graduates to contribute to the economic vitality and civic and cultural development of their communities and the global society.
Indiana State University Mission Statement
We transform the lives of students through a high-quality education infused with experiential learning, community engagement and career-readiness. Our students succeed within a culture of inclusion and support that provides the skills and knowledge to impact Indiana and beyond.
Top 10 Online Colleges in Indiana
|1||Purdue University-Main Campus||West Lafayette, IN|
|2||Indiana University-East||Richmond, IN|
|3||Oakland City University||Oakland City, IN|
|4||Ball State University||Muncie, IN|
|5||Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College||Saint Mary of the Woods, IN|
|6||Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis||Indianapolis, IN|
|7||Huntington University||Huntington, IN|
|8||Purdue University Fort Wayne||Fort Wayne, IN|
|9||Trine University-Regional/Non-Traditional Campuses||Fort Wayne, IN|
|10||Vincennes University||Vincennes, IN|
The University offers a bachelor of science (BS) in finance.
The Finance Program provides the knowledge and training finance experts need to make and implement decisions regarding managing, investing, and distributing financial resources for businesses and individuals.
Coursework includes a required core of business courses plus one of the following concentrations:
- Financial Analysis and Investment Management Concentration (General Finance): The understanding and management of the financial interests of businesses, non-profit organizations, and individual investments is fundamental to the growth and success of the world’s economy. Study in the finance program provides the knowledge and training financial experts need to make and implement decisions regarding managing, investing, and distributing financial resources within businesses and on individual levels. This concentration will help students prepare for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam.
- Financial Planning Concentration (Personal Financial Planning): The financial planning concentration provides an approved, practical, and theoretical approach to personal financial planning. Successful completion of the curriculum will satisfy the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards requirements for education and qualifies students to take the CFP Board Examination. The concentration provides students with information and analytical skills in financial planning, insurance, investments, portfolio management, employee and retirement benefits, tax planning, and estate planning.
In addition, students complete the University’s Foundational Studies Program, which provides the knowledge students need in critical thinking, leadership, and interpersonal and communication skills.
The University’s Finance Program is taught by professors who are qualified academic and financial professionals. Small classes encourage close interaction between faculty and students and ensure an education where classroom learning is combined with practical experiences to provide the latest training in technology to access and analyze information.
Practical field experiences, including internships that earn college credit, can lead to full-time jobs after graduation. Recent internship sites have included Conseco, Eli Lilly and Co., Northwest Airlines, Crane Naval Base, Lockheed Martin, Edward Jones, and Market Street Wealth Advisors. Upper-level students (juniors and seniors) also have opportunities to conduct research with faculty as part of the classroom experience.
Student may join the Financial Management Association, the Investment Club, and the Financial Planning Association. These organizations provide opportunities to interact with the business community through field trips, guest professional speakers, and social activities. Included among these activities are annual visits to financial markets in Chicago, Illinois, and participation in Financial Planning Day in Indianapolis.
Finance majors also may be invited to join the business honorary fraternity, Beta Gamma Sigma, or the professional business fraternities, Delta Sigma Pi and Alpha Kappa Psi. These organizations also provide professional learning and networking opportunities and social activities where students meet other finance majors, business students, and faculty.
Master Of Science
A Master of Science in Finance delivers the ideal background in financial expertise for future chief financial officers, or CFOs. You will develop the financially sound reasoning needed to achieve the strategic goals of your organization with a focus on business to consumer and business to business transactions.
The IU Online Master of Science in Finance exposes you to coursework in financial management, quantitative analysis, value creation, economics, risk management, and capital markets. You gain the technical expertise you need to measure and manage the risks and returns of an organization’s financial policies, as well as an understanding of the ways an organization can use these policies to achieve its strategic goals. You also learn to view finance as an integral business function, use financial resources efficiently, evaluate the various opportunities for creating value in an organization, understand which financial instruments an organization can use to manage risk and uncertainty, and appreciate how capital markets value financial securities.
Your IU Online MS in Finance prepares you to advance in careers such as:
- Financial analyst
- Insurance underwriter
- Budget analyst
- Commercial banker
- Financial planner
- Portfolio manager
To graduate with the MS in Finance, you must complete 30 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Finance core courses (24 credit hours)
- Elective courses (6 credit hours)
To be accepted to this program, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree
NOTE: This program is authorized, exempt, or not subject to state regulatory compliance and may enroll students from all 50 states
To apply to this program:
- Complete the Kelley Direct Program Application Form.
- Look for an invitation to interview.
- Complete the Indiana University Graduate School Application Form, which includes a personal statement (500 words or less), resume, and three recommenders.
- Submit GMAT or GRE scores.
- Send official transcripts.
- Submit TOEFL or IELTS scores (international students only).