Last Updated on January 16, 2022
Are you interested in pursing a career in the health, fitness or nutrition field? Do you have a passion for helping people and improving their lives? Are you fascinated by the human body and how it reacts to exercise? If so, earning an Exercises Science Bachelor’s Degree online might be just what you were looking for.
You may find it hard to access the right information on the internet, so we are here to help you in the following article, providing the best and updated information on Online Bachelor’s in Exercise Science Admission Requirements , cal u exercise science. We at infolearners .com have all the information that you need about online exercise science degree texas. Read on to learn more.
Exercise Science Bachelor’s Degree Online
Best Bachelor’s Degrees in Exercise Science Rankings Details
American Public University System
Charles Town (WV)
- 10-Year ROI: $421,100
- Median Salary: $44,305
- Annual Tuition: $8,550
- Median Debt: $28,130
At American Public University, the Bachelor of Science in Sports and Health Sciences degree requires students to choose one of the following concentrations: coaching studies, exercise science, fitness and wellness professional studies, or a general concentration. Students will learn about exercise, fitness, nutrition, and health in the context of their concentration in this program….
St. Louis (MO)
- 10-Year ROI: $373,000
- Median Salary: $38,829
- Annual Tuition: $16,000
- Median Debt: $21,500
At Maryville University, the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science offers concentrations in wellness management or strength and conditioning. In this 128-credit program, students take courses on anatomy and physiology, nutrition, exercise physiology, stress management, and workout program design. They also complete a capstone project and a 400-hour practicum. The curriculum is…
- 10-Year ROI: $321,900
- Median Salary: $33,993
- Annual Tuition: $15,104
- Median Debt: $22,500
At Cameron University, the Bachelor of Science in Sports and Exercise Science is a four-year degree program offered entirely online. In addition to completing general education requirements, students take courses on the physiology of exercise, the care and prevention of athletic injuries, facility management, biomechanics, and motor learning. This 124-credit degree requires 40 credits…
River Forest (IL)
- 10-Year ROI: $318,800
- Median Salary: $33,993
- Annual Tuition: $13,280
- Median Debt: $25,000
The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at Concordia University Chicago provides students with an education rooted in the Lutheran faith that focuses on health promotion and disease prevention. Courses in this program include Physiological Basis of Exercise, Applied Kinesiology, and Nutrition, Exercise, and Behavior. This 100% online degree can be completed in as few as 16 months…
California Baptist University
- 10-Year ROI: $316,300
- Median Salary: $33,993
- Annual Tuition: $20,842
- Median Debt: $27,000
At California Baptist University (CBU), students can earn a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology or a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies with a concentration in kinesiology. These programs require 49 or 50 credit hours in the major, and they take an average of 18 months to complete. CBU offers a global education in the context of traditional Christian heritage. The school prefers…
Concordia University – Saint Paul
Saint Paul (MN)
- 10-Year ROI: $315,400
- Median Salary: $33,565
- Annual Tuition: $12,600
- Median Debt: $24,250
At Concordia University-Saint Paul (CSP), the Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science offers courses on kinesiology concepts such as human movement, exercise, and fitness management. To earn their bachelor’s degree, students must complete 120 credits, which includes 49 credits specific to their major. Courses take seven weeks to complete.
Online students access course materials, engage…
University of Kansas
- 10-Year ROI: $313,400
- Median Salary: $32,925
- Annual Tuition: $14,550
- Median Debt: $20,500
At Kansas University Edwards Campus, the Bachelor of Applied Science in Exercise Science is a degree completion program for fitness professionals or anyone who wants to pursue a career in exercise science directly out of the program. This degree prepares students to work in fields such as nutrition, personal training, corporate wellness, coaching, and fitness. This program can also…
California University of Pennsylvania
- 10-Year ROI: $298,100
- Median Salary: $32,162
- Annual Tuition: $13,776
- Median Debt: $26,500
The online Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science degree at California University of Pennsylvania helps students turn their passion for fitness into a career. This program can be completed entirely online in three years. Graduates can pursue careers in the fitness and wellness industry as personal trainers, speed coaches, and more. Courses focus on topics such as anatomy, physiology,…
Online Bachelor’s in Exercise Science Admission Requirements
- HIGH SCHOOL OR PREVIOUS COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTSOnline bachelor’s programs in exercise science require at least a high school diploma, along with transcripts of previous high school or postsecondary schooling. Some programs may accept applicants who earned a GED certificate in place of a high school diploma. Other programs may show preference for transfer students from an associate program.
- SAT OR ACT SCORESMany schools require applicants to have taken the SAT or ACT. Students who meet certain academic achievement requirements can usually apply to waive this requirement. Some schools do not require standardized test scores, paying more attention to other aspects of an application.
- GPA REQUIREMENTOnline bachelor’s in exercise science programs have varying minimum GPA requirements, although most schools only give consideration to applicants with a 2.0 minimum GPA. Some institutions may offer probationary admission to students with a GPA below 2.0, as long as their GPA stays above a certain level throughout the program.
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATIONSome schools require students to submit 1-2 letters of recommendation with their application. It usually makes sense to ask a teacher or mentor with whom you have a good relationship. As a courtesy, ask recommenders at least a month in advance to give them plenty of time to write your letters.
- TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTSWhen applying to an online bachelor’s program in exercise science, you should ensure you meet the school’s technology requirements. Make sure that you can access the school’s learning management system and that you know how to use your email and web browser effectively.
Exercise science requires core course work in chemistry and psychology. Exercise science introductory course work consists of human anatomy, biology, and nutrition. Advanced course work studies biomechanics, cardiovascular physiology, muscle physiology, and motor behavior. Most classes correspond with required laboratory work.
- Exercise Physiology. Students study the body systems and their relationships when affected by exercise. Students may also overview current human movement research.
- Biostatistics. Biostatistics covers statistical methods used in applied research, including data graphics, introduction to probability, expectations and variance of random variables, confidence intervals, regression, and analysis of variance. Advanced study may include statistical methods for discrete data from public health, clinical, and biological studies.
- Epidemiology. Epidemiology studies disease occurrence and risk factor associations, including research methods and quantitative and biomedical data analysis to determine causal relationships between disease populations and potential causes. Students may analyze data sets and measure disease frequency and effect.
Exercise science students may be required to conduct studies related to their course work through surveys or volunteer subjects. Exercise students may also be required to analyze data sets and read current exercise research studies.
Building a Career
Exercise science degree students may specialize in exercise physiology, nutrition, sports management, or kinesiology. They may find work upon graduation in medicine, athletic training, cardiac rehabilitation, physical therapy, or fitness training, depending on any further education they pursue after completing their bachelor’s degree. Fitness trainers or instructors had a median annual wage of $31,090, and employment of these professionals is expected to grow by 24% between 2010 and 2020, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
online exercise science degree texas
Ask the fitness, health and wellness industry in Pennsylvania and beyond: Cal U is the leader in the study of exercise science. We were the first to launch this nationally ranked, 100% online master’s degree program to give premier training to working professionals.
Cal U’s M.S. in Exercise Science and health promotion program is recognized as a leader in offering high-quality education at a historic state university.
Cal U partners with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) for the latest industry-focused program in fitness, health and exercise science.
Train well. Go far.
- Choose our accredited online graduate degree program for access to top faculty experts and master trainers in Pennsylvania and across the country.
- Earn your master’s degree, plus professional certification, in 12 to 18 months.
- Go on to top jobs in professional sports, the fitness industry, university athletics, corporate settings, healthcare facilities, and other health and fitness settings. Cal U graduates are employer-preferred.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: EXERCISE SCIENCE
Personalize Your Program: Customize your MS in Exercise Science and Health Promotion by choosing areas of focus that advance your career or give you a competitive edge. Select one concentration for a 36-credit degree program, or add a second area of focus to create a 48-credit dual concentration. Certificate programs also are available in these areas:
- Applied Sport Science
- Advanced Golf Performance Training
- Group Fitness Leadership
- Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention
- Wellness and Fitness
- Rehabilitation Science
- Sport Psychology
- Tactical Strength and Conditioning
- Wellness Coaching
Most degree concentrations embed course content to prepare you for nationally recognized certifications. Online degree classes are small (30 students), so you’ll interact fully with your peers and professors.
1stacademic partner of the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).98%placement for in-demand jobs in a dynamic industry
Our 100% online exercise science and health promotion master’s degree lets you:
- Be a student while working full time.
- Study at a historic state university.
- Earn a graduate degree – and certification – in less time and at a lower cost.
- Learn from expert faculty and your peers in your cohort.
- Build a lifelong national network.
Cal U graduates are leaders in fitness, athletics, health and wellness throughout the nation:
- Professional sports leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS, NHL).
- More than 50 major sports teams (Boston Celtics to L.A. Rams).
- Top fitness companies such as LA Fitness.
- Leading hospitals and healthcare systems
- Military leaders in health and fitness
B.S. in Exercise Science Curriculum
100% online courses provide students with a well-rounded major in exercise science, wellness and fitness. Experienced faculty use the latest technology to create real-world activities so online students can apply new knowledge and skills in their personal and work settings.Curriculum
|General Education Courses||40 or 41|
|Building a Sense of Community|
UNI 100 First-Year Seminar
ENG 101 English Composition I
Any Oral Communication Course
|Mathematics and Quantitative Literacy|
Any Mathematics and Quantitative Literacy Course
|Health and Wellness|
HSC 115 Current Health Issues
Any Technological Literacy Course
Any Humanities Course
Any Fine Arts Course
HSC 110 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
Any Social Sciences Course
|General Education Options|
SPT 305 Ethics in SportATE 340 Sports Nutrition OR HSC 250 Nutrition for WellnessAny General Education Options Courses (two courses)
|Required Major Courses||49|
|FIT 100 Intro to Fitness||3|
|FIT 115 Applied Anatomy and Physiology in Wellness and Fitness||4|
|FIT 125 Fundamentals of Speed Training||3|
|FIT 250 Current Topics and Strategies for Youth Fitness||3|
|FIT 300 Business Aspects of Fitness||3|
|FIT 305 Motivational Strategies in Wellness and Fitness||3|
|FIT 325 Integrated Personal Fitness Training||3|
|FIT 335 Integrated Personal Fitness Program Design||3|
|FIT 350 Fitness for Special Populations*||3|
|FIT 380 Wellness and Fitness for the Aging Population||3|
|FIT 401 Leadership Concepts and Actions in Wellness and Fitness||3|
|FIT 405 Wellness Seminar I||3|
|FIT 410 Wellness Seminar II*||3|
|FIT 420 Contemporary Issues in Fitness*||3|
|FIT 425 Evaluating Research in Fitness and Wellness||3|
|FIT 430 Application of Fitness and Wellness Research||3|
|Required Related Courses||12|
|SPT 300 Psychology of Sport||3|
|SPT 400 Legal Aspects of Sport||3|
|HSC 275 Functional Kinesiology||3|
|HSC 325 Physiology of Exercise||3|
Additional requirements, not counted toward the General Education requirements, include:
- Special Experience Course (1 course required): FIT 410 Wellness Seminar II
- Writing-Intensive Component Courses (2 courses required): FIT 425 Evaluation Research in Fitness and Wellness AND FIT 430 Application of Fitness and Wellness Research
- Laboratory Course (1 course required): FIT 115 Applied Anatomy and Physiology in Wellness and Fitness
* An internship option is also available; students may substitute FIT 499 Exercise Science Internship (9 credits) for three 3-credit didactic courses (FIT 350, 410 and 420). Students may also elect to complete an internship as elective credit (SPT 499) if they wish to complete all courses in the didactic.
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher to participate in an internship and to be eligible for graduation.
- All General Education/Elective credits, all SPT, all HSC and ATE courses can be completed on campus.
- All FIT prefix courses are completed online.