Last Updated on July 29, 2023
Today we will discuss English Medical Schools in Finland and how they can change your life. Though not as well-known globally as the United Kingdom or even Australia, there are seven major English-language medicine programs in Finland. This article is intended for any student interested in pursuing a career in medicine abroad. If a foreign language does not prove to be too challenging for you, then Finland may be the perfect place for you to attend medical school.
1. University of Helsinki Faculty of Medicine
The University of Helsinki is the oldest and largest academic institution in Finland. It’s been teaching since 1640, and today boasts a multidisciplinary academic community where students come from all over the world to study at various levels and in a multitude of fields. University of Helsinki is also t he home of the best medical school in Finland.
The undergraduate medical program at the University of Helsinki focuses on providing students with knowledge and skills to seek, critically assess and apply scientific information. Graduates go on to work in fields such as medicine, dentistry, psychology and speech therapy.
The University of Helsinki has an excellent team of experts from frequently cited scholars to skilled speakers, who teach a demanding curriculum. The degree program can be pursued in Swedish or Finnish. There is also the opportunity to study for a joint MD/PhD program.
2. University of Tampere – Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology
Dedicated to pursuing world-class research and delivering high-quality education, the Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology (MET) at the University of Tampere is a very prestigious medical school in Finland ranking second only to the University of Helsinki in Finland.
They offer the Licentiate of Medicine program as well as specialist training beyond the undergraduate level for both medical and dental fields. Within the medical school, there is a Center for Skills Training and Simulation which enables students to practice clinical skills safely through simulations during their studies.
The medical school teaches in Finnish so you’ll need to be able to speak the language fluently in order to study here.
3. University of Turku – Faculty of Medicine
The University of Turku focuses on multidisciplinary studies and offers a Licentiate of Medicine or Dentistry program, as well as Master’s level studies. Only 4 specific Master’s degrees are taught in English, otherwise you’ll need to be able to study in Finnish.
The Faculty of Medicine has inherited the history of the university which has been operating since 1640 under the name of Royal Academy of Turku. The new Faculty of Medicine was set up in 1943 to meet the needs of the country during the second World War. They have four departments – biomedicine, clinical medicine, nursing science and dentistry – as well as independent units such as a Functional Foods Forum, research laboratories etc.
4. University of Oulu – Faculty of Medicine
The University of Oulu is one of the largest in Finland, with around 13,000 students in total. It offers lots of international study programs aimed at attracting students from all over the world as part of exchange studies.
The Faculty of Medicine within Oulu University is located right next to the University Hospital of Oulu and forms part of the Kontinkangas Life Sciences Campus. This medical school in Finland has a very versatile curriculum in everything connected with health sciences and offers MD and dentistry degrees, as well as Master’s programs in a range of topics such as nursing science, health management science, teacher education in health science and medical bioengineering.
International programs offered by the University of Oulu include biomedical engineering and epidemiology and biomedical data science. However, for the medical degree, you’ll need to be able to speak Finnish fluently.https://10bb43bef0d2cb32be5c2161dd6311f7.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
5. University of Eastern Finland – School of Medicine
The last school in our list of top medical schools in Finland is the University of Eastern Finland. This university was formed in 2010 through the merger of the Universities of Joensuu and Kuopio, following on from tight cooperation between the two universities previously. As a result of this merger, the university operates across two campuses, Joensuu and Kuopio, respectively.
This interdisciplinary university offers a broad range of study options and they focus on global challenges around which disciplines are clustered. They are also the research areas for the university:
- Ageing, lifestyles and health;
- Learning in a digitized society;
- Cultural encounters, mobilities and borders;
- Environmental change and sufficiency of natural resources.
The basic degrees of medicine and dentistry are taught exclusively in Finnish. The Licentiate of Medicine program takes six years to complete. To apply, you must go through the Finnish entrance exams and fill out the university’s application form.
mbbs in finland
MBBS in Finland is one of the best destinations to study a course of medicine for Indian students. It enables the students to have brighter career growth after Study MBBS in Finland. It provides the magnificent theoretical as well as practical education which empowers the candidates to become successful practitioners.MBBS in Finland fees would range anywhere between 6000 Euros to 18000 Euros. The MBBS course from Finland is globally recognized including the MCI (Medical Council of India). Most of the people in Finland speak in Finnish language but the medium of instruction is English in Finland colleges/universities.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Finland is one of the most northern and geographically remote countries in the world. The neighboring countries of Finland are Russia, Norway, Sweden, and Estonia. The weather in Finland is quite diverse and the summer offers great weather in Finland.
Why Study MBBS in Finland
MBBS in Finland for Indian Students is the best option because of the following reasons:
- Travel to the Finland is much easier and even economical than traveling to other countries.
- A medical program provided by the Finland to their students is recognized worldwide.
- The medium of instruction is English in Finland colleges and universities.
- Most of the Finland colleges and universities are approved by MCI (Medical Council of India).
- The students who have passed MBBS from the Finland can also practice in India.
- Advanced teaching techniques with outstanding facilities equipped with the well-established infrastructure
- The students can also have the option to start working on preparation for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to study Post Graduate Degrees.
- Finland is extremely safe for Indian students and the environment is also safe.
- There is no donation or capitation fee required in Finland colleges and universities.
- Finland MBBS colleges provide the best education at affordable rates.
- The cost of living is quite favorable for Indian students as there are excellent boarding and lodging provided by the university with the availability of Indian food for the students.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Finland for Indian Students 2021 – 2022
Finland is the best place for Indian students to study MBBS because of the following reasons:
- It is easy to get MBBS Admission in Finland because of the simple procedure for Indian students.
- After completing MBBS in Finland, students will get the best placement in the renowned college of India.
- Finland is safe for Indian students and they get everything for their survival.
- The students can fulfill their dream of studying MBBS in Finland with the minimum expense.
- The local language of Finland is Finnish but the whole MBBS course is conducted in the English language.
- Modern teaching techniques with outstanding facilities equipped with the well-established infrastructure
- There is no requirement of any entrance exam, and donation, & capitation fees to take MBBS admission in Finland.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Finland
The eligibility criteria of the students who want to pursue MBBS in Finland are as follows:
- The students should have science in their 12th standard and should have an aggregate of 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and Biology.
- The students should be at least 17 years of age to take admission to Finland Medical College/ Universities.
- The students should also qualify for the NEET exam with passing marks to apply for MBBS in Finland.
- The students should have English subject in their higher secondary.
- The students must not be more than 25 years of age.
Top Universities to Study MBBS in Finland
- University of Helsinki
- Aalto University
- Tampere University
- University of Oulu
- University of Turku
- University of Eastern Finland
- LUT University
- University of Jyväskylä
- Abo Akademi University
- Lappeenranta University of Technology
Requirements for MBBS Admission in Finland 2021 – 2022
The necessary documents for taking MBBS Admission in Finland are the following:
- A complete filled application form with all accurate details.
- Original and photocopies of Passport.
- Birth certificates and other mandatory certificates must be submitted to the concerned authority.
- Passport size (3cmX4cm) photographs.
- Original and a photocopy of mark sheets of both 10th & 12th standard
- A scorecard of NEFT (if required)
- Transfer certificate from the previous school
- Leaving certificate from the concerned school
- A certificate of code of conduct must be submitted
- The bank copy of guardians must be submitted which indicates that they have sufficient funds to pay the fees to Finland Medical College.
- A medical checkup certificate is also essential
MBBS Fees in Finland 2021 – 2022
The fees structure for the Indian students studying MBBS in Finland will range from 6000 Euros to 18000 Euros per year.
MBBS in Finland Advice for Indian Students
The following are the advices for the Indian students in Finland:
- The students should always be cautious of their surroundings.
- The Indian Students are advised to apply in the Finland Medical College within the time
- They must avoid the company of dangerous people.
- They should not stay outside late in the night.
Pros and Cons of Studying MBBS in Finland
Every country has its pros and cons that can benefit as well as effect Indian students who seek admission to Finland Medical Colleges/universities. But Finland has more benefits as compared to other countries with very fewer cons:
The Indian students will get to experience the knowledge and the understanding of different cultures and traditions followed by the people of Finland. The medical degrees awarded to students are recognized by WHO and MCI which enables them to work practically anywhere in the world. MCI approved Finland Medical Universities provide hostels to the Indian students for accommodation with Indian food.
The climate conditions in Finland often become problematic for some students to adjust well. The local language in Finland is Finnish so the students might feel the language as a barrier outside the university campus. But the coaching in Finland Medical College or Universities is conducted in English.
VISA Procedure for MBBS in Finland
The students need to fill up the online application form with the right details all the required documents. The students then will receive offer letter from the university that they have applied to study MBBS in Finland. They need to pay the MBBS in Finland fees and then they have to apply for the visa and once they receive the student VISA card, they can book the tickets!
FAQ’s to Study MBBS in Finland
Which university is the best option to study MBBS in Finland for Indian Students?
Most of the Finland Medical College provides the best quality of education. The best Finland Medical College for Indian Students is as follows:
- University of Helsinki
- Aalto University
- Tampere University
- University of Oulu
- University of Turku