Last Updated on December 22, 2022
Emory University is an inquiry-driven, ethically engaged and diverse community whose members work collaboratively for positive transformation in the world through courageous leadership in teaching, research, scholarship, health care and social action.
The university is recognized internationally for its outstanding liberal arts college, superb professional schools and one of the Southeast’s leading health care systems.
Emory maintains an uncommon balance for an institution of its standing: it generates over $500 million in research funding, while maintaining its traditional emphasis on teaching. The university is enriched by the legacy and energy of Atlanta, and by collaboration among its schools, units and centers, as well as with affiliated institutions.
Emory University’s Graduate School Rankings
- #26inBest Business Schools (tie)
- inExecutive MBA
- #13inPart-time MBA
- #29inBest Law Schools (tie)
- inBusiness/Corporate Law
- inClinical Training
- inConstitutional Law
- inContracts/Commercial Law
- inCriminal Law
- inEnvironmental Law
- inHealth Care Law
- inIntellectual Property Law
- inInternational Law
- inLegal Writing
- inTax Law
- inTrial Advocacy
- #22inBest Medical Schools: Research (tie)
- inInternal Medicine
- #26inMost Diverse Medical Schools (tie)
- #97inMost Graduates Practicing in Medically Underserved Areas
- #135inMost Graduates Practicing in Primary Care Fields
- #111inMost Graduates Practicing in Rural Areas
- inObstetrics and Gynecology
- #36inBest Medical Schools: Primary Care (tie)
- #2inBest Nursing Schools: Master’s
- #8inDNP Administration/Management (tie)
- #5inDNP Nurse Practitioner: Adult / Gerontology, Acute Care
- #6inDNP Nurse Practitioner: Family
- #4inDNP Nurse Practitioner: Pediatric, Acute Care (tie)
- #4inMaster’s Nurse Practitioner: Adult / Gerontology, Acute Care
- #6inMaster’s Nurse Practitioner: Adult / Gerontology, Primary Care (tie)
- #3inMaster’s Nurse Practitioner: Family
- #8inMaster’s Nurse Practitioner: Psychiatric / Mental Health, Across the Lifespan (tie)
- #3inMaster’s Nursing Administration
- #8inBest Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- #33inBiological Sciences (tie)
- #32inChemistry (tie)
- #18inClinical Psychology (tie)
- #82inComputer Science (tie)
- #63inEconomics (tie)** Due to the inadvertent omission of a number of schools during the survey period, the doctoral program rankings in economics, including specialties, will be updated in the 2023 edition. The previous rankings have been republished.
- #26inEnglish (tie)
- #16in18th Through 20th Century British Literature (tie)
- #4inAfrican-American Literature (tie)
- #26inHistory (tie)
- #7inAfrican History (tie)
- #10inLatin American History (tie)
- #55inMathematics (tie)
- #8inNursing-Midwifery (tie)
- #8inPhysical Therapy
- #5inPhysician Assistant (tie)
- #71inPhysics (tie)
- #19inPolitical Science (tie)
- #18inAmerican Politics (tie)
- #20inComparative Politics (tie)
- #18inInternational Politics
- #14inPolitical Methodology
- #36inPsychology (tie)
- #4inPublic Health (tie)
- #34inSociology (tie)
- #37inStatistics (tie)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
|About this course|
- Computer Science is central to all aspects of modern life
- CS encompasses intrinsic issues of algorithms, data, and systems, as well as applications to society, health, science, and humanity
- This degree incorporates computing theory, in preparation for more advanced work, and physical science requirements
- Students will study courses like Calculus I, Calculus II, Introduction to Computer Science I, Introduction to Computer Science II, Data Structures and Algorithms, Computer Architecture and Machine Level Programming, etc.
#101-150 Universities Rankings- ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2020
#158 World University Ranking- QS 2021
#85 University Ranking- THE (Times Higher Education) 2021
#21 National University Ranking- US News & World Report 2021
#71 Global Universities- US News & World Report 2021
Fees & Expenses
|Tuition & fees||INR 39,14,443|
Other expenses in 1st year
|Hostel & Meals||INR 5,59,543|
|Books and Supplies||INR 90,282|
|Application Fee||INR 5,532|
|Personal Expenses||INR 1,12,410|
Calculated at the exchange rate of 1 USD = INR 73.76|
Tuition & expenses were last updated on 11ᵗʰ March 2021Entry Requirements
|Entry requirements for this course|
|Class 12th||No specific cutoff mentionedApplicants must have passed the high school|
|Exams||TOEFL : AcceptedExpected score- 100IELTS : AcceptedExpected score- 7.5SAT : Accepted|
|Additional info||Emory University is test-optional for the 2020-2021 application (first-year students who would start in Fall 2021). SAT/ACT scores are not requiredIf submitted, test scores will be reviewed as a demonstration of the applicant’s academic preparationDocuments Required:Official high school transcripts and official college transcriptsSecondary school report/counselor’s recommendationTwo teacher letters of recommendation from core-area academic teachersProof of English Language ProficiencyApplicants are required to submit the International/Financial Certification Form (FIF) to show they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while attending Emory UniversityA note or statement from the bank or financial institution as proof of sufficient funding will also be acceptedSubmit the Personal StatementEssays|
Computer Science Degrees Available at Emory
- Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
- Master’s Degree in CompSci
- Doctorate Degree in CompSci
Emory CompSci Rankings
Emory is in the top 10% of the country for compsci. More specifically it was ranked #45 out of 502 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #2 in Georgia.
Popularity of CompSci at Emory
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Emory University handed out 69 bachelor’s degrees in computer science. Due to this, the school was ranked #118 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 1% over the previous year when 68 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 24 students received their master’s degree in compsci from Emory. This makes it the #101 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 1 students received their doctoral degrees in compsci in 2020, making the school the #93 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do CompSci Graduates from Emory Make?
$79,000 BACHELOR’S MEDIAN SALARY
Salary of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree
CompSci majors who earn their bachelor’s degree from Emory go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $79,000 a year. This is higher than $63,700, which is the national median for all compsci bachelor’s degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do CompSci Graduates from Emory Have?
$20,962 BACHELOR’S MEDIAN DEBT
Student Debt of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree
While getting their bachelor’s degree at Emory, compsci students borrow a median amount of $20,962 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all compsci bachelor’s degree recipients across the country is $22,813.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor’s degree student from the compsci program at Emory is $218 per month.
Emory CompSci Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Emory University.
Emory Computer Science Bachelor’s Program
Of the 69 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in compsci from Emory in 2020, 71% were men and 29% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Emory University with a bachelor’s in compsci.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Emory Computer Science Master’s Program
During the 2019-2020 academic year, 29 students graduated with a bachelor’s degree in compsci from Emory. About 76% were men and 24% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Emory University with a master’s in compsci.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Computer Information Systems||20|