Last Updated on August 28, 2023
You can retrieve information and relevant facts about DePaul University from a website that is useful to students. You will find this website very useful for all persons seeking to get information and colleges and degrees alike. From the DePaul University acceptance rate, to DePaul University tuition and also DePaul University ranking ,you can do no wrong in searching for the information you need on College learners .com.
DePaul University is a private institution that was founded in 1898. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 15,407, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 38 acres. It utilizes a quarter-based academic calendar. DePaul University’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 120. Its tuition and fees are $39,010 (2017-18).
DePaul University has five campuses in and around Chicago, and its two main locations, the Loop and Lincoln Park campuses, are located downtown. Individual academic colleges, such as the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and the Driehaus College of Business, are located exclusively on one campus. DePaul is also home to the School for New Learning, which caters to adult students. Universitywide, there are more than 300 student organizations to check out, and students are allowed to form their own clubs, too. More than 5 percent of students join fraternities and sororities. The school’s sports teams, the Blue Demons, compete in the NCAA Division I Big East Conference. The university operates on quarters, not semesters, and each year, students gather for events such as FEST, an outdoor concert and festival in the spring, and Homecoming.
University housing is offered to all DePaul students. Freshmen and sophomores are permitted to live in residence halls or residence hall apartments. Juniors and seniors have a selection of university-owned lofts, townhouses and apartments. There is also a multi-college community residence hall for students of any age, known as University Center, where students from DePaul University live alongside peers from Roosevelt University, Robert Morris University and Columbia College. Notable alumni of DePaul University include actor John C. Reilly, star of films including “Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story” and “Step Brothers,” and Samuel Magad, former concertmaster of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
DePaul University Ranking
When we talk about DePaul University ranking, the US News & World Report takes into account Global Research Reputation, Regional Research Reputation, and Number of Publications cited (12.5% each) among other ranking parameters, as part of their ranking methodology has ranked the university both at the international level as well as the national level.
The DePaul University has been ranked at 1390 for 2021 by US News & World Report – Global Universities. This is a slight dip in the ranking parameter from its earlier rank of 1303 in 2020. The university has been ranked 124 in 2021 by the US News & World Report – National University Ranking which is one notch higher than its earlier ranking of 125 in 2020 in the similar category. Candidates looking to take admission to university can check out the various courses available at DePaul University, here.
|US News & World Report – Global Universities ||1221||1303||1303||1390|
|US News & World Report – National University Ranking||119||119||125||124|
DePaul University Aceptance Rate
The overall acceptance rate for DePaul University was reported as 68.2% in Fall 2020 with over 26,900 applications submitted to DePaul. Both in state and out of state applicants are included in these figures. We do not have data on transfer acceptance rates currently.
The historical trend chart shows acceptance rates from the previous years, from which we have projected the acceptance rate for the 2022-2023 school year. The overall acceptance rate trend for DePaul University has been slowly getting lower over the recent years.
Acceptance Rate By Year
- 2016-2017: 69.7%
- 2017-2018: 71.7%
- 2018-2019: 67.5%
- 2019-2020: 68.2%
- Projected DePaul Acceptance Rate 2022-2023: 64.0%
DePaul University Tuition
Is there any application fee?
The application fee is different for undergraduate and postgraduate admissions. It is determined by the courses. It ranges between USD 15 to USD 80. Students are advised to check the application fee as per the course selected by them. The fee is non-refundable.
The amount can be paid online while submitting the required documents. Also, you can send a cheque or money order with the documents to the graduate admission office at 2400 N. Sheffield Ave, Chicago, IL 60614-3936.
For international students, the payment should be done using the International Postal Money Order or send a draft to a US bank.
- UNESCO coupons are not acceptable
- Payment cannot be deferred or waived
- Application fee must be sent to the Kellstadt Graduate School office
- Any check returned to the University as a non-negotiable check will be subjected to pay additional admission fees
Note: Fee may increase with progressive years.
- Depaul University offers undergraduate as well as graduate courses for international students through its 10 schools or colleges.
- It offers over 130 undergraduate majors and over 175 graduate programs.
- Undergraduate majors are offered in fields like Accountancy, Acting, Animation, Composition, English, French, Computer Science, Japanese Studies, Journalism, Jazz Studies.
- Some of the graduate programs offered by the university include MBA, MS in Chemistry, MM in Composition, MS in Data Science, MBA in Entrepreneurship, MS in Finance, MA in History, LLM in Health Law, MA in International Studies, etc.
- The university also offers various online courses.
- They also have a special program wherein the graduate and the master’s degrees are combined which not only saves money but also time.
Programs offered at DePaul University
|Programs||Fees Per Annum|
|MSc Computer Science||$22,490|
|MSc Information Systems||$22,490|
|MSc Data Science||$27,680|
|MBA Business Strategy and Decision Making||$30,825|
Tuition Rate 2020-2021 for students willing to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate degree at DePaul University:
|Faculty||Undergraduate Tuition/ Per term (in USD)||Graduate Tuition/ Per credit hour (in USD)|
|College of Education||13,517||655|
|College of Continuing and Professional Studies||13,527||655|
|College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences||13,517||715|
|College of Science and Health||13,517||735|
|College of Communication||13,517||760|
|College of Computing and Digital Media||13,517||865|
|School of Music||13,938||865|
|Richard H. Driehaus College of Business||13,517||—|
|Kellstadt Graduate Business||—||1080|
The distribution of expenses in the form of an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US for 2020- 21 semesters are tabulated below:
|New Student Orientation||USD 100|
|Transfer Student Orientation||USD 75|
|Student Activity||USD 27|
|Athletic Fee||USD 25|
|CTA U-Pass (summer)||USD 86|
|CTA U-Pass (Fall, Winter, Spring)||USD 105|
|Health Plan||USD 60|
- International students are not eligible for need-based scholarships or Federal Student Aid.
- Academic scholarships for international students to study in the USA are, however, provided by the institute ranging from USD 10,000- USD 24,000 per year and can be availed up to 3 years.
- Such scholarships require no separate application and the students are automatically considered as they apply for the tuition.
- Some of the scholarships offered to Freshman students are DePaul Grants and Academic Scholarships, Service and Leadership Scholarships, Talent Scholarships.
- Graduate students are offered DePaul Scholarships, External Scholarships, and Graduate Catholic Scholarships.
DePaul University invests USD 249,000,000 each year in its students. Of the 14,000 undergraduate students, 88% receive financial aid in some form, amounting to around USD 19,975. Students enrolled in Fall, Winter, and Spring Terms are automatically considered for scholarships. The university selects students based on their academic records during admission. The amount of scholarships ranges between USD 10,000 and USD 24,000 per year. Students can renew the scholarships for three additional years. The university does not offer need-based scholarships to students.
- Need-based aid is received by 45% of DePaul students in the first year
- Over 88% of students receive scholarships in the freshman year, which sums up to USD 44 million annually
- With the history that goes far back, it has over 1,91,000 alumni spread all over the world
- Apart from academics, DePaul gives importance to athletics as well. That is the reason DePaul is a member of a well-known basketball association, the Big East Conference
The chart below shows the segregation of different types of awards at DePaul:
As the chart states, while state grants and federal grants at DePaul are somewhat equivalent, the higher number of scholarships offered includes recipients from both national and international student body.
DePaul Study Abroad Scholarships
The university offers various study abroad scholarships to its enrolled students who go out of the US as part of their academic programs. The deadlines of scholarship applications based on quarters are as follows:
|Award Amount||Quarters||Application Deadline|
|Standard awards – up to a maximum of USD 1,000Select number of larger awards – up to a maximum of USD 5,000||Summer, Fall Quarter, or Annual||EarlyFebruary|
|December, Winter Quarter||EarlyMay|
|Spring Break or Spring Quarter||EarlyNovember|
Note: Scholarship deadlines and amounts may vary. For more details on the scholarship application process and deadlines, please visit the university’s scholarship webpage.