Last Updated on August 4, 2022
Tuition and fees are the price you pay for your college class. This amount may change based on your academic program, the number of credit hours you take, and whether you are an in-state or out-of-state student. Tuition is charged at different rates from one type of institution to another. In view of the higher cost of schooling, students give almost equal weight to the price and academics when making their college selection. Get more information regarding Daffodil International University Tuition Fees, daffodil university tuition fees cse, dhaka international university tuition fees 2021 & daffodil university scholarship.
Are you interested in obtaining relevant information on Daffodil International University tuition fees and you don’t know how to get it? For all your relevant information like Daffodil University tuition fees waiver, Green University tuition fees nd Dhaka International University tuition fees, infolearners is that plug you need.
Daffodil International University Overview
Daffodil International University (DIU) – private nonprofit higher education institution in Bangladesh. DIU became active in 2002. It has an urban campus located in Dhaka. Daffodil International University positioned itself in the top 10 universities of Bangladesh.
Being a medium scale university, Daffodil International University teaches more than 19 thousand students. The university accepts applications from foreign students. About 599 teachers and professors are employed by DIU. The university is an active participant of international programs aimed at academic exchange of students between the educational institutions. University’s social media profiles can give you more information about the students and current events: Flickr, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Linkedin.
Infrastructure of DIU. The library is available to all of the students. The university also provides dormitories for those who need them. Daffodil International University is a part of the following groups American Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Assosiation of Private University of Bangladesh, ISTQ’B, Association of Training Institutions for Foreign Trade in Asia and the Pacific (ATIFTAP), CEA, Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB), International Association of Universities (IAU), International Association of University Presidents (IAUP), Asian University Presidents Forum (AUPF), ESRUC, Institite of International Education (IIE), IEEE, United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI), Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), UMAP.
Application process and the cost of tuition. For evaluation the university uses the applicant’s academic performance and examination results. Throughout the admission period more than 80 percent of applicants successfully enroll to the university. Nevertheless, in DIU the ratio may vary dramatically depending on the study program. The academic year is divided into semesters. Studying bachelor’s at DIU is relatively inexpensive – only 2,500 USD per year. Those who wish to get their master’s degree here should be ready to spend at least 2,500 USD per year. In addition to low tuition fees the university provides the students with extra financial assistance in the form of scholarships. It is important to check for current tuition fees on (http://www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd) with the desirable faculty in mind.
The university was established on 24 January 2002 with the approval of the University Grants Commission (Bangladesh) and the Government of Bangladesh’s Ministry of Education under the Private University Act of 1992 which was replaced by Private University Act 2010.
The original campus is located at Dhanmondi and the permanent campus is located in Daffodil Smart City, Khagan, Ashulia, Savar which is in Dhaka District. The university campus covers about 150 acres of land with playgrounds, auditorium, basketball court, food court, gymnasium, swimming pool, innovation lab, artificial fountain, golf course, hostel, staff quarter, and other facilities.
Faculties and department
The university offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees through its 23 departments, themselves organized into 5 faculties:Academic Building, Ashulia CampusSobhanbagh Campus Building,Dhaka
- Faculty of Science & Information Technology
- Department of Computing and Information System (CIS)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Software Engineering (SWE)
- Department of Multimedia & Creative Technology (MCT)
- Department of Information Technology and Management (ITM)
- Department of General Educational Development (GED)
- Department of Environmental Science and Disaster Management (ESDM)
- Faculty of Business & Entrepreneurship
- Department of Business Administration (BA)
- Department of Business Studies (BS)
- Department of Real Estate (RE)
- Department of Tourism & Hospitality Management (THM)
- Department of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E)
- Department of Business Studies (BBS)
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Science
- Department of English
- Department of Law
- Department of Journalism & Mass Communication (JMC)
- Department of Development Studies (DS)
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE)
- Department of Textile Engineering (TE)
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Civil Engineering (CE)
- Faculty of Applied Health Science
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Nutrition and Food Engineering (NFE)
- Department of Public Health (PH)
List of vice chancellors
- Aminul Islam (2002–2011)
- M. Lutfar Rahman (2011–2015)
- Yousuf Mahbubul Islam (2015–2020)
- M. Lutfar Rahman (2020–present)
- Daffodil Institute of Languages (DIL)
- Human Resource Development Institute (HRDI)
- Enterprise Competitiveness Institute (ECI)
- Daffodil Institute of Social Sciences (DISS)
- Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
- Directorate of Students’ Affairs (Institute)
- Division of Research
- Research Center for the Faculty of Science & Information Technology (FSIT)
- Research Center for the Faculty of Business & Economics (FBE)
- Research Center for the Faculty of Humanities & Social Science (FHSS)
- Research Center for the Faculty of Allied Health Science (FAHS)
- Yunus Social Business Centre (YSBC)
- Innovation and Incubation Centre (IIC)
- Career Development Centre (CDC)
- Cyber Security Center (CSC)
- Daffodil Islamic Center
The university facilitates online admission for applicants from distant areas
Daffodil International University Tuition Fee
All calculated costs are approximate.
|Name of the Program||Credit||Program Duration||Admission Fees||Semester Cost|
|Faculty of Science & Information Technology|
|B.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||148||4 years||35,100||65,000||21,667||757,400|
|B.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) (For Diploma Holder)||115||10 Semesters||34,350||46,000||15,333||452,850|
|B.Sc in Computing and Information System (CIS)||142||4 years||35,100||55,000||18,333||652,100|
|B.Sc in Software Engineering (SWE)||145||4 years||35,100||60,000||20,000||692,200|
|B.Sc in Multimedia and Creative Technology (MCT)||147||4 years||35,100||50,000||16,667||608,400|
|B.Sc in Environmental Science and Disaster Mgt. (ESDM)||130||4 years||35,100||30,000||10,000||375,600|
|M.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering (M.Sc in CSE)||36-60||1-2 years||24,425||61,925||20,642||1,48,675 -2,36,925|
|M. Sc in Software Engineering (M.Sc in SWE)||36-60||1-2 years||24,425||53,250||17,750||1,30,675 – 1,98,800|
|M.Sc in Management Information System (M.Sc in MIS)||60||2 years||24,425||31,675||10,300||148,800|
|Faculty of Engineering|
|B.Sc in Textile Engineering (TE)||154||4 years||40,100||55,000||18,333||646,000|
|B.Sc in Textile Engineering (TE) (For Diploma Holder)||125||10 Semesters||39,350||38,950||12,983||428,100|
|B.Sc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)||143||4 years||35,100||60,000||20,000||692,000|
|B.Sc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) (For Diploma Holder)||130||10 Semesters||34,350||39,250||13,083||426,100|
|B.Sc in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE)||145||4 years||35,100||52,000||17,333||617,100|
|B.Sc in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE) (For Diploma Holder)||121||10 Semesters||34,350||37,450||12,483||408,100|
|B.Sc in Civil Engineering (CE)||162||4 Years||38,100||53,000||17,667||612,100|
|B.Sc in Civil Engineering (CE)(For Diploma Holder)||136||10 Semesters||36,850||41,950||13,983||446,100|
|B. Architecture||194||5 years||42,000||76,000||25,333||765,000|
|M. Sc in Textile Engineering (TE)||36||3 Semesters||24,425||40,125||13,700||139,675|
|M. Sc in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Thesis/Project)||36/36||3 Semesters||24,425||37,500||12,500||1,39,675/ 1,33,675|
|Faculty of Business & Economics|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||126||4 years||35,100||56,000||18,667||611,050|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM)||130||4 years||35,100||45,000||15,000||496,900|
|Bachelor of Real Estate (BRE)||126||4 years||35,100||45,300||15,100||531,100|
|Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (BE)||126||4 years||40,100||58,500||19,500||752,600|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Hon’s)||125||4 years||29,100||34,000||11,333||416,400|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||39-60||1-2 years||22,050||53,000||17,667||1,78,550-2,68,800|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Ex)||48||4 semesters||22,050||49,500||16,500||218,050|
|Faculty of Humanities & Social Science|
|LLB (Hons)||144||4 years||35,100||37,500||12,500||449,600|
|B.A (Hons) in English||126||4 years||35,100||33,900||11,300||406,100|
|BSS in Journalism & Mass Communication (BSS in JMC)||142||4 years||35,100||42,000||14,000||496,600|
|M.A in English(Final)||36||1 year||22,050||28,750||9,583||105,550|
|MSS in Journalism & Mass Communication (MSS in JMC)||30-60||1-2 years||24,050||26,000||8,667||99,550-1,79,800|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Information Science and Library Management||36||1 year||10,200||16,800||5,500||58,400|
|Master of Development Studies||45||4 semesters||28,050||41,500||14,000||132,300|
|Faculty of Allied Health Science|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm Hons.)||162||4 years||47,550||95,000||31,667||744,600|
|B. Sc in Nutrition & Food Engineering (NFE)||144||4 years||35,100||42,000||11,600||453,900|
|B. Sc in Nutrition & Food Engineering (NFE) (For Diploma Holder)||115||10 Semesters||36,350||30,800||10,267||346,250|
|M. Pharm (Thesis)||36||1 year||28,425||80,800||26,933||184,050|
|Master of Public Health (MPH)||52||1 year||24,050||50,000||20,000||165,550|
Compare | Are you confuse to choose university? Compare by evaluating your perfection.
Information for Students
1. All information mentioned in the ‘Admission Form’ is accepted in good faith. Any false declaration in any field of the form will expel the student from DIA.
2. Any Change of address and contact number(s) must be informed to the Academic Counselor. DIA will not be responsible for any lost mail.
3. An enrolled student of DIA is bound to the agreement that he/she will follow the course and pay the required fees in due time.
4. Students unable to join/continue the course must inform the management of DIA in a written form for future reference.
5. Admission fees are not refundable.
6. DIA-enrolled students must attend every exam, assignment or evaluation criteria. If anyone fails to do so, the guardian of the students may be informed forthwith.
7. Classes will go on from Saturday to Thursday. In case of special classes or teacher’s instructions, the students have to come on Friday.
8. Enrollment at DIA does not give the confirmation that the student is also enrolled at NCC / UK University. Lawfulness, Attendance, Performance and Tuition Status will be considered for the enrollment in such respect.
Students must follow the following rules to be allowed for the registration:
a. A student must attend at least 80% classes in each module.
b. A student must attend Selection Test.
c. Overall performance after Selection Test is calculated based on attendance, class assessment and selection test result.
d. Overall performance must be 40% n each module.
e. If the overall performance of a student in any module is below 40%, the student will not be allowed for the registration.
9. The final grade of modules will be calculated as per NCC & Greenwich University grading Systems
10. Students must pay their tuition fees on or before the 10 of every month. In case of failure, the student will have to pay Tk. 50/ per day or TK 500/per month (whichever is lower) as a fine. Admission might be cancelled if the student is unable to pay tuition fees in consecutive 3 months.
11. Students must deposit their tuition fees only to the Bank assigned by DIA, using prescribed deposit paper, which is available only in accounts department. After depositing money, student can view their payment status from DIA portal within three (3) working days. If any student is found with any inconsistency, they are advised to communicate with accounts department with deposit paper(s).
12. The student re-enrolment fee is Tk. 7500/-. The management of DIA will finalize the decision of re-enrolment of any particular student.
13. To transfer a batch students must pay Tk. 5000/- as transfer fee.
14. DIA reserves the right to change the fees structure of any course without any prior notice.
15. Late admittance will also have to pay the full course fees.
16. All types of paid fees are non refundable unless mentioned ‘refundable’.
17. Students must receive printed receipt with the authorized signature whenever they pay any sort of fees through account department. DIA will not be responsible in any case of confirming the payment of student without above mentioned document. The students should keep the receipts carefully. The receipts may be asked for any time
18. DIA reserves the right to list the name of the defaulter students anytime and anyway.
- daffodil international university tuition fees waiver
- daffodil international university undergraduate tuition and fees
- daffodil international university faculty
- daffodil university admission 2021
- daffodil international university admission requirements
19. Students must collect his/her ID card within one month of enrollment. ID card will be ceased in case of the expulsion of any student.
20. Students must wear the ID card within the premises.
21. Every Student must use email ID provided by DIA for academic purposes.
22. Distinction holders in all modules will get scholarship of Tk. 1000/month and credit holder will get Tk. 500/month for the next year course.
23. Every student must read the main notice board in the website and campus.
24. If management finds anyone involving in any politics or unlawful activities or any harmful post in social media then he/she will be expelled from the institute.
25. DIA reserves the right to expel any student from the institute if the management thinks that the student is harmful for the institute.
26. Every student is bound to follow the disciplines, manners and code of conduct of DIA. In case of any breach of any rules, DIA reserves the right to take action against the student.
27. Students will have to follow prescribed application format available at www.daffodil.ac/app-form for any purposes such as ‘Leave of Absence’, ‘Batch Transfer’ etc. Any kind of application should be submitted to the Academic Counselor or class teacher.
28. If any student find or face any problem, he / she should communicate with the class teacher regarding the problem and act according to the class teacher’s Instruction.
Notes: DIA Management reserves the right to change, add or edit any of the rules when needed.
daffodil university scholarship
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Introduction: Daffodil International University (DIU) offers waiver and scholarship in various categories on the basis of result and conditions. Providing poor and meritorious students financial support, strengthening student’s capacity and giving inspiration to their effort to complete higher education uninterruptedly are the main objectives of financial aid and scholarship program of DIU. Yearly Daffodil International University provides waiver and scholarship opportunities to 20,079 students. In Corona Epidemic situation Daffodil International University also provided Special Waiver to support students to continue their study.
Due to world wide Corona pandemic, DIU has been declared special waiver in Fall 2021 semester admission:
–50% Special waiver on admission fee.
–10% – 15% Special corona pandemic waiver on tuition fees.
# For detailed information, please contact Admission and Counselling section.
Conditions for enjoying the waiver:
- To enjoy scholarship and tuition fee waiver undergraduate students must take at least 12 credits and postgraduate students must take at least 9 credits each semester. If any department offers less credit/fewer credits, the condition could be relaxed. Students must get 3.00 in English I and II to retain the waiver in any quota.
- Facilities, such as, scholarship, waiver, laptop, etc, will instantly be cancelled forever if any student is found taking part in any activity which goes against the rules and regulations of the university and hampers the image. This policy will be followed strictly.
- In case of transferred students from one program to another, to retain the received waiver benefit students have to apply again after changing their program.
- Waiver benefit is applicable only for tuition fee and not applicable for Admission fee, Semester fee, Library fee, Lab fee, Extra Curricular activities fee, Improvement, Retake, Project/ Dissertation/Internship etc.
- The terms and condition of waiver and scholarship may be changed as per requirements.