Last Updated on January 18, 2023
Financial Support and Guidance
We offer a range of financial support, including generous scholarships, a Student Hardship Fund for those in financial difficulty, access to undergraduate and postgraduate student loans and personal advice on budgeting. We also provide free facilities and services to support commuting students.
We offer a range of scholarships, including those that recognise academic excellence and those that support students with talent in music, sports and esports. We have scholarships for teacher training and Nursing. We also offer scholarships to high-achieving international students and those referred by a Roehampton alumnus.
- Undergraduate scholarships: UK students, EU students, International students
- Postgraduate scholarships: UK students, EU students, International students
Tuition fee loans
If you are UK citizen, aiming to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, you can apply for a tuition fee loan. The loans are only repayable when you graduate and earn a certain amount, and can be supplemented in some cases by a loan covering the cost of living.
Student Hardship Fund
Our Student Hardship Fund provides financial assistance for to help our students through periods of financial difficulty. As a Roehampton student, you will be able to apply at any point throughout your programme, and funding includes grants or repayable interest-free loans.
We have a team of Student Welfare Officers, who can offer students who join us guidance, helping you find useful sources of information for professional financial advice. Our Welfare Officers can also talk to you about personal or other related issues, supporting you through your studies.
Planning to live off-campus?
We offer a free bus service, running regularly between Roehampton, Barnes Station and Hammersmith Bridge.
We have free cycling facilities, with secure bike storage units and showers, and lockers to store your belongings.
We also have free college kitchens, with facilities to heat and eat food you bring in with you. We also have a very wide range of on-campus catering outlets.
We have some of the most affordable student accommodation of any university in London and can guarantee it to applicants who accept an offer by the deadline.
Want to live on our beautiful and vibrant London campus? Whether you prefer a high-end room, or a more affordable option, we’ve got something for everyone at Roehampton. Scroll below to see our accommodation options and how to apply.
Why live on campus?
- Our halls of residence include some of the best value and most affordable options in London
- All our private and secure rooms are on-campus, with 24/7 security and plenty of catering outlets and shops to choose from on campus and locally
- In response to COVID-19, we have also put in plenty of new measures to ensure our accommodation is as safe as possible for the coming academic year. Read more here.
- When you apply, our dedicated accommodation team will help you find what you want, provide advice and support and help you settle in
- When you join us, you’ll be looked after by your friendly College staff, which include dedicated wardens and flat reps
- We are ideally situated in south-west London, close to Putney, Clapham and within easy reach of central London
- We have a free, dedicated student bus service to Barnes Station and Wimbledon, and facilities for bicycle storage on campus
- A guarantee for new students applying for accommodation by the deadline of on-campus accommodation, and the right to change your mind for any reason. Full details of the deadlines for both are in our ‘accommodation guarantee’ below.