While searching for small engine repair online course, most of the search online will direct you to a variety of choices and options. One such search brought me to InfoLearners.com where I read about their online education program, which gave me an opportunity to find all my information and learn the tips, tricks and techniques that helped me to understand how to become professional in this field by getting professional training from them.
Learn how to work on small engines including motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and more with the online Small Engine Repair course from Penn Foster. This best online small engine repair course teaches you the skills you need to maintain, troubleshoot and repair small engines. It’s perfect for anyone looking to begin a career in this growing field, or for experienced technicians who want to stay up-to-date on industry practices.
Our comprehensive Small Engine Repair course covers the basics of small engine mechanics, including a primer on electricity and battery care. Students will learn how to safely disconnect the battery and quickly use a voltmeter to read voltage, amperage, and resistance in their engines. Instructor Greg Hepperly takes students through how to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with two-cycle and four-cycle gasoline engines, outlining the steps they will need to take to repair electrical problems with solenoids, batteries, starter rope replacements, spark plugs, coils, and much more! In just 4 weeks you can be ready for your certification exam.
Before you can learn how to fix your small engine, there are some basics that you need to know about them. These basics will get you familiar with your small engine and help you fix it much faster when you have problems.
Small engine repair appears to be a challenging task if you are not familiar with it. It is not easy to locate a good source that can enlighten you all the related issues. If you look for online tutorials, you will find hundreds of websites, and among the huge variety of information available online it can push you into confusion. Will this tutorial be able to help you? Can these free small engine repair courses guide you through successfully repairing your engine? Most likely, but only for those who have reasonable knowledge about motors and engines in general.
It’s possible to learn small engine repair online, but where do you start? One of the best resources for learning about small engines is an online course. It includes a class discussion area, homework lessons to help you understand what you’ve learned in the main lessons and a review section to reinforce your knowledge. Some online courses also include quizzes, exams and a certificate or diploma once you are finished. This is all included with the price of the course.
best online small engine repair course
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Design and Manufacturing I may be beneficial to prospective small engine repair technicians who would like to understand how to create, build, and analyze mechanical designs. While those who take this free course may not want to invest in the materials to design the assigned robot, they can certainly benefit from the lectures and recitations that cover the fabrication model of a simple car. Students can also access a free textbook about the fundamentals of design.
Briggs & Stratton
- Engine Problems FAQ allows those seeking small engine repair training to browse their topics of interest by category (such as parts, troubleshooting, or maintenance) or by keyword. They can also submit additional questions they may have. Basic and advanced small engine repair topics are covered. Basic areas include compression, carburetor, and fuel line problems; advanced topics feature servicing valves, removing carbon deposits, and replacing the ignition.
How Stuff Works
- How to Repair Small Engines has training through step-by-step instructions, pictures, and diagrams to aid your small engine repair home study. This resource covers topics in small engine basics and the benefits of engine maintenance. Students can also learn to repair fuel, ignition, lubrication, cooling, control, and exhaust systems.
- How to Repair Small Engines: Cleaning the Carburetor offers a step-by-step tutorial that helps students diagnose problems, remove the carburetor and rebuild the carburetor. Students can also find the information needed to identify the parts they may need to replace during repair. This resource also provides students with a list of the tools that they may need when cleaning the carburetor.
M and D Mower and Appliance
- Small Engine Repair: Free Help provides students with diagrams and text to help troubleshoot various engine problems. With each scenario, students are provided with possible solutions. Students may learn what to do when their engine doesn’t start, runs poorly, leaks, backfires, and burns oil. Topics offered during this tutorial also cover battery charging and electric starter issues.
- Small Engine Repair Help is an online small engine repair school that offers a series of videos showing viewers how to disassemble various small engines. Learners can search by model number to locate the lessons that match a specific engine issue they’re trying to solve. Links lead to pages on other topics of interest, such as maintenance tips and advice for common problems like engine leaks and battery malfunction.