Are you exploring training opportunities to help you in your role as a senior real estate specialist? If so, continue reading to learn more about the benefits of enrolling in the online course.
Senior Real Estate Specialist Online Course From Infolearners.com: Earn your Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRS) Designation from the National Association of REALTORS® and dominate the online real estate industry with confidence!
The Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) Designation Course helps REALTORS® develop the specialized skills needed to assist clients over the age of 50.
By taking the two-day course online or in person, you’ll gain an understanding of how best to help your buyers and sellers—and their families—handle transitions in their lifestyle. You’ll also receive professional training and development suitable for continuing education credit in many states.
Through the SRES® designation course, you’ll gain knowledge in a wide variety of subject areas.
Senior housing options
- Understand the types of housing available for the 50+ market
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place
Counseling senior clients
- Learn how reverse mortgages, pensions, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs impact real estate decisions
- Identify mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize borrowers over the age of 50
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans
- Ensure your transactions comply with federal laws, including the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve ages 50+ clients and customers
- Gain knowledge of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect your clients
Marketing to seniors
- Uncover distinguishing characteristics and trends of the ages 50+ real estate market
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to senior prospects
- Develop services that win and sustain client relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor
- Create business-building outreach methods for communicating and gaining market share
To successfully complete the course, you’ll need to take a final exam and achieve a passing grade.
When you earn your Seniors Real Estate Specialist® designation, you gain the skills and knowledge to better serve homebuyers and sellers ages 50 and over.
Earning your SRES® designation is a simple three-step process.
1. Maintain active NAR membership
As a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, you receive incredible benefits to your business, including an extensive library of resources, discounts and special offers, advocacy and consumer outreach.
If you’re not already a member of NAR, you’ll need to join a local REALTOR® association before you can take the next step to become a Seniors Real Estate Specialist®.
2. Complete the Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) Designation Course
Whether you prefer learning in person or online, our two-day designation course instills the knowledge and understanding you require to meet the needs of clients over the age of 50. During the designation course, you’ll gain practical knowledge and techniques, including:
- Key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to assisted living
- Applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Ins and outs of reverse mortgages
- How to use pensions, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Ways in which Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect real estate decisions of clients over 50
- How to recognize and protect clients from mortgage finance and loan schemes that target borrowers ages 50+
Visit our SRES® Course Overview to learn more about what our program offers you.
3. Maintain active membership in the SRES® Council.
The SRES® Council was formed to provide continuing education to REALTORS®, supply consumers with valuable information resources, and connect senior homebuyers and sellers with qualified SRES® designees. New designees receive one-year of membership in the SRES® Council FREE. Annual dues are $99 each year thereafter.
What is the value of Becoming an SRES®? This education-based designation addresses the fastest growing market in real estate. And the networking benefit, across North America, may be the single best reason to get connected right now.
Why are 55-plus clients moving? To be closer to grandchildren. To start that vineyard they’ve always dreamed of. To address health concerns. The list goes on and on. Can you speak to the unique motivation they have? Do you know how to counsel your client on their options? This is the kind of distinction that can set you apart. You can be the hero.
As an SRES® designee, you’ll be able to instantly:
- Join a group of REALTORS® who comprise one of the fastest growing markets in the country
- Connect to a nationally advertised brand in the consumer market
- Market your personal brand with designs and tools you receive with membership
- Register online for courses in over 50 states and provinces
SRES® Designation Requirements
Three requirements must be met to attain and use the SRES® designation:
- Successful completion of the two-day SRES® designation course, including an 80% passing grade on the exam
- Maintain active membership in the National Association of REALTORS®
- Maintain an active membership in the SRES® Council
The first year of membership in the SRES® Council is included with the SRES® designation course fee. However, every year thereafter will require payment of annual dues of $99.
Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
The SRES® is the only designation and marketing program specifically designed to serve senior property owners. By earning the SRES® designation, a REALTOR® has demonstrated the necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel senior clients through major financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home.
- Provider #0005
- Approval #31836 (Classroom / Live)
- 15 Credit Hours (TREC)
- Textbook(s) included
Completion of the Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) Designation Course is an essential step for REALTORS® in understanding the distinct real estate goals, concerns, and needs of seniors today. Includes first year membership in SRES Council and its umbrella of services.
The largest and wealthiest group of buyers in the country consists of those over the age of 50. Understand their unique motivations and build your business by earning the SRES® designation. Seniors Real Estate Specialists® gain access to a network of over 14,000 designees, customizable SRES® designation marketing materials, social networking, powerful business partners, and so much more. When you earn your SRES® designation, you’ll be able to instantly join a group of REALTORS® who comprise one of the fastest growing networks in the country. The SRES® designation was developed and is offered by the SRES® Council, whose mission is to promote member success by providing high quality training and tools necessary to position the SRES® designee as the trusted real estate resource for the senior market.
HOW TO EARN THE SRES® DESIGNATION:
- Successfully complete the two-day SRES® Designation Course
- Active membership in the SRES® Council
- Membership in both the SRES® Council and NAR
- Successfully complete the two-day SRES® Designation Course
- Pay a one-time application fee
- Be a member in good standing in a NAR cooperating international association
- Questions? Email us at [email protected]
HOW MUCH ARE THE ANNUAL DUES FOR THE SRES® COUNCIL?
New Seniors Real Estate Specialists® receive a one-year membership in the Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Council for free. Annual dues are $99 each year thereafter.
For International REALTORS®, you remain an active designee by paying the annual International REALTOR® dues of $75.
HOW DO I JOIN THE SRES® COUNCIL?
The only way to join the Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Council is by successfully completing the SRES® Designation Course, for which you will receive one-year free membership in the council.
Join the Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Council by completing the SRES® Designation Course and paying a one-time application fee. Once the SRES® designation is awarded, membership is maintained by remaining International REALTOR® Membership