Looking broadly at four-year schools across the U.S., transfer students may have slightly more difficulty getting in. According to a report from the National Association for College Admission Counseling, the average rate of admission for a transfer applicant is 62 percent.
Right here on infolearners, you are privy to a plethora of information on colleges and universities. For ample information on Boston College Transfer Acceptance Rate, Amherst College transfer acceptance rate, Williams College transfer acceptance rate, kindly visit our catalog within the click of a button to obtain all the relevant information you need on the aforementioned topics and more articles of interest.
From its proud history spanning more than two centuries, Middlebury College has emerged as one of a handful of the most highly regarded liberal arts colleges. Middlebury is unique among these schools in being a classic liberal arts college that also offers graduate and specialized programs operating around the world. The College is committed to educating students in the tradition of the liberal arts, which embodies a method of discourse as well as a group of disciplines; in our scientifically and mathematically oriented majors, just as in the humanities, the social sciences, the arts, and the languages, we emphasize reflection, discussion, and intensive interactions between students and faculty members.
Middlebury College Transfer Acceptance Rate
Middlebury College is exceptionally difficult to get into. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.96 but also SAT scores around 1387. Getting into Middlebury College is no easy feat and you will need to set yourself apart with more than just numbers and data.
In 2019, Middlebury College received 263 transfer applicants.
The school accepted 24 students. Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate for Middlebury College is 9.13%.
Middlebury College Acceptance Rate
It is considered one of the little Ivy League colleges, or “little Ivies”, a moniker given to colleges that are on par with big universities belonging to the Ivy League. Middlebury is renowned for its programs in modern languages, including undergraduate and graduate courses.
Middlebury admissions is very selective with an acceptance rate of 15%. Students that get into Middlebury have an average SAT score between 1360-1530 or an average ACT score of 32-34.
Middlebury College Ranking
Middlebury is known for progressive teaching and thought. The college was the first American institution of higher education to award a bachelor’s degree to an African-American, graduating Alexander Twilight in the class of 1823.
Middlebury College’s ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is National Liberal Arts Colleges, #9.
Middlebury College International Students Admission Deadlines
The application deadlines for international student admissions at Middlebury College are given below:
|Admission Application Deadline
|Financial Aid Application Deadline
|Early Decision I
|Early Decision II
|Transfer Applicants (Fall)
|Transfer Applicants (Spring)
Middlebury College International Student Admissions
Middlebury College offers a range of courses in 44 majors. To apply, students can use the common application or coalition application. The college is test-optional and hence students are not required to submit SAT or ACT scores for admission.
Where to Apply: Common Application or Coalition Application
Application Fee: 65 USD
Admission Requirements: The following documents must be submitted for admission to undergraduate programs:
- Transcript from 9th to 11th grades
- School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Admission Essay
English Language Proficiency Test Scores
The international students not coming from native English speaking countries need to submit English Language Proficiency scores:
Further, the university accepts scores of DET examination too or may provide proof of English proficiency by showing that their high school curriculum was in English language.
Visa Process For International Students
To obtain US study visa applicants must submit a complete application with all the documents after which they will receive Form I-20 or IAP66 from the Institute. The documents needed to receive I-20/IAP66 are :
- Application form, Resume, Essay and recommendation letters.
- Copies ID pages of passport
- Official copy of the academic Transcripts of all qualifications achieved prior to seeking admission
- Proof of financial support (Bank statement/ Sponsor letter)
- Passport pages showing identification, date of birth and residential address information
- After receiving I-20, the applicant should apply for a student visa (F-1 visa) at the US Embassy by fulfilling the Embassy requirements of filing a completed application form and depositing the fee.
Middlebury College Undergraduate Admission
The institute offers a vast range of undergraduate courses at the College. The students have to remember the following pointers while applying at the institute.
Application fee: 65$
Admission notification: March 31
Early decision: Offered
The students have to fulfil the following criteria while applying at the university.
- Transcripts of previously attended academic record and GPA
- Result of standardized tests and English proficiency Tests
- Recommendation from school
- Record of student’s extra-curricular activities
- Student’s ethnicity and work experience (if any)
Middlebury College Graduate Admission
The College offers graduate courses mainly in English Language, Education, and foreign languages.
Application portal: online
Application fee: 75$
The students have to fulfill the following criteria while applying to the university.
- The student should submit a short essay stating their experience with language, their reason to choose the same, career goals and other such relevant information.
- The transcript must be either mailed or posted by the student’s registrar and the transcript must be in English language. For international applicants, the transcript must include an evaluated report of each course opted by the student.
- The student must submit three recommendation letters, one each from the student’s language instructor, recent instructor as well as from colleagues or work supervisors at work.
- The following are the few of the various courses provided by the institution and its requirements.
|Master of Arts in International Education Management
|Master of Arts in International Environmental Policy
|Master of Arts in International policy and Development; MPA
|Master of Arts in Translation and Localization Management
|English Proficiency score
|TOEFL: 100 IELTS: 7.0
|TOEFL: 80 IELTS: 6.5
|TOEFL: 80 IELTS: 6.5
|TOEFL: 80 IELTS: 6.5
|Letter of recommendations
|GMAT/ GRE/ MCAT scores
Students can reach the university at [email protected] to know more regarding the admission and related process.