Get clear details about Masters in Quantitative Economics, masters in quantitative economics usa and masters in quantitative economics online. Today here get basic and detailed information on Masters in Quantitative Economics just right for you on infolearners website. If you are searching for great information on Masters in Quantitative Economics, the infolearners website is all that you need. This gem offers it and more.
Students who wish to continue their education after graduation often choose to enroll in master’s programs. Such programs are also required before students can obtain doctoral degrees. Master’s degree students gain specialized knowledge that usually puts them in higher salaries and more responsible jobs.
masters in quantitative economics uSA
MS in Quantitative Economics – NYU Stern
NYU’s Master of Science in Quantitative Economics is a cutting-edge program for students with research-oriented ambitions in economics, such as a demanding doctoral program, or employment in technology, finance and research in both the private or public sectors. Drawing on the combined resources of the Economics Departments of the Faculty of Arts and Science and NYU’s Stern School, the MS in Quantitative Economics is streamlined and sequenced to get you where you need to go with maximal stimulation, speed and efficiency.
Our ten month program starts with the fundamentals of microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics, supplemented by the mathematical and data science tools needed for investigating and applying each of those fields. Then game theory, applied microeconomics, finance and open economy considerations are introduced. The final two modules include a “capstone experience” in which students choose one of two paths toward original research.
If you are ultimately headed for a top doctoral program in economics, the timing of our program was designed for you. Starting in July and ending in May, it offers a wealth of challenging material while moving you toward beginning the PhD in one academic year. Our STEM certified MS in Quantitative Economics is taught in intensive six-week modules. It allows you to interact with over 20 leading faculty members through coursework alone. By the time you are looking for recommendation letters at the end of November, you will have completed eight courses with eight instructors who can write the kind of informative letters that doctoral admissions committees (and prospective employers) take seriously. NYU’s MS in Quantitative Economics is a superb program in an exciting university, in one of the world’s greatest cities.
If you feel driven to do research, or seek out a demanding career that will use your analytical skills, consider applying to the MS in Quantitative Economics at NYU.
MS Quantitative Economics – Western Illinois University
The Master of Science in Quantitative Economics is an extremely flexible degree with which graduates find employment in all sectors of the economy. A number of graduates have gone on to doctorate programs in Economics and other disciplines. The department is large enough to offer a wide selection of courses but small enough to provide individual attention. The department has alumni from over 70 countries, providing an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to other cultures.
Why Quantitative Economics @ WIU?
- Degree program can be completed in one academic year or less
- Large enough to offer a wide variety of courses yet small enough to provide individual attention
- All graduate courses taught by faculty holding a PhD in Economics
- Faculty members who are genuinely interested in students’ intellectual development
- Advising tailored to students’ personal needs and educational goals
- Opportunities for interacting with students from other cultures and countries
- Opportunities for students to present their research at department seminars
- Academic credit for internships and assistance is provided in locating internships
- Career development and employment information provided regularly
- Success in preparing students for admission to good to top quality PhD programs
- Interdisciplinary opportunities
- Opportunities to learn technical and quantitative skills that are highly sought after in the job market
We offer a limited number of graduate assistantships on a competitive basis. The awards range from two-thirds time (requiring 13 hours of work per week) to full time (requiring 20 hours of work per week). Both awards carry full tuition waivers for two semesters and a summer term as well as a stipend for two semesters, contingent on maintaining a 3.0 GPA and satisfactory academic progress. Students work in the Economics tutoring lab as well as assist faculty with research.
Assistantship recipients must satisfy all of the admissions prerequisites without any deficiencies. To be eligible for an assistantship, entering graduate students must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
Six reasons to get your MS in Quantitative Economics at WIU
- Program Can be Completed in One Calendar Year. If a student enters the program with no deficiency courses to complete, and works closely with the graduate advisor, the 30 hour program can be completed in one calendar year.
- Average Class Size at the 500 Level is 15. Graduate classes are usually capped at 25 students. A class will exceed 25 students only on rare occasions.
- We have a diverse student body. A major strength of the program is the diversity of the student body. The person in the next seat might be a Fulbright Scholar, the recipient of a Mandela scholarship, a German exchange student, or a Peace Corps Fellow, all studying and interacting in a friendly environment that is conducive to learning.
- Curriculum is up-to-date and taught by a dedicated and caring faculty. The curriculum is reviewed continually with faculty members being encouraged to develop new courses. Alumni testimonials make clear that the faculty are not only technically competent but also take an active interest in the development of their students.
- Graduate Assistantships (GA’s) include tuition waviers. A student receiving a graduate assistantship for the academic year also receives a tuition waiver for all classes taken during the academic year and one summer session. Fees cannot be waived.
- In Addition to GA’s, other employment is available on a competitive basis. Master of Science in Quantitative Economics students have found employment in other areas on a regular basis. This employment is almost always in the form of a graduate assistantship which also includes a tuition waiver.
- The MS in Quantitative Economics at WIU is also:
- Small enough to provide individual attention.
- Large enough to provide a wide selection of courses.
- Flexible enough to meet many career objectives.
- Competitively priced for all students.