Looking to conquer cybersecurity in Canada? Then you’ve come to the right place. The Master of Science (MSc) in Cyber Security at the University of Waterloo is one of today’s most sought-after credentials — and we’re here to help you get it!
Imagine a country that’s colder than Antarctica, but offers its cybersecurity professionals an opportunity to write their own future. I think you’ll agree that it’s safe to say that no one could possibly have an idea of exactly what they will be doing in the future when they first enter the profession. That’s probably why Canada is becoming one of the top destinations for cybersecurity professionals who are looking to grow their careers.
Masters in Cyber Security program is targeted to IT professionals with experience in Cyber Security. The goal of the program is to provide state-of-the-art information on Cyber Security as well as innovative tools for its practical applications and effective management. This extensive program provides extensive knowledge and hands on training to deal with all cyber security threats, including strategies like Vulnerability and Risk Assessment, Digital Forensics, Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Secure Network Administration, and Ethical Hacking.”
Infolearners provides the latest news and information about Masters In Cybersecurity In Canada along with Iinformation on masters in cyber security in Canada scholarships, cyber security courses in Canada for international students, MS in cyber security in Canada quora, best universities for masters in cyber security, university of new Brunswick masters in cyber security. All current information about the article are available on infolearners.
cyber security courses in canada for international students
MS in Cyber Security in Canada Top Universities
Degrees in IT/Cybersecurity help students in learning the implementation of security measures, ensuring privacy, authenticity, and integrity of electronic data for banking systems, corporate networks, and personal computers. The table below contains information about the universities of Canada offering MS in cybersecurity.
|Annual Tuition Fee (in CAD)
|Master of Applied Science in Information Systems Security
|Master of Engineering in Information Systems Security
|University of New Brunswick
|Master of Applied Cybersecurity
|University of Ontario Institute of Technology
|Master of Information Technology Security
MS in Cyber Security in Canada: Highlights
|MS, MASc, MEng
|UG in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field
|Annual Course Fee
|17,239 CAD – 31,290 CAD
|Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber Security Architect, Cyber Security Sales Account Manager etc.
MS in Cyber Security in Canada: Admission
The minimum basic requirements to get admission to popular universities of Canada offering masters in cybersecurity are mentioned below.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field with a GPA score of more than 3.0 on a 4.3 scale.
- The percentile equivalent for the same is 73 to 76%
- A grade equivalent to B grade can also be submitted.
- Proof of English proficiency – IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc
University-Specific Eligibility for MS in Cyber Security in Canada
University-specific basic eligibility criteria and an accepted minimum score of various standardized tests for MS in Cyber Security in Canada is as below.
Concordia University Masters in Cyber Security
For both MEng and MASc degrees in Cyber Security at Concordia University, admissions are offered for fall, winter, and summer terms. The application fee is 103.50 CAD
- International applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering or computer science.
- You may be required to sit for EWT (Engineering Writing Test) conducted by the Gina Cody School.
- A remedial course may be suggested prior to your admission to the program, depending on the performance of the test.
- Proficiency in Language:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: 85
- PTE: 57
- Documents Required: Three letters of recommendation, SOP, and CV
University of New Brunswick Masters in Cyber Security
For admissions to the cybersecurity program at the University of New Brunswick, applicants are required to have an academic standing of top 20% of students in their bachelor’s degree. The admission to University of New Brunswick is detailed below:
- Grade of B (in bachelor) for course-work degree and B+ (in bachelors) for thesis degree in cybersecurity.
- UG degree in data structures, operating system & algorithm, computer architecture, and software engineering
- Intake is offered for fall and winter terms.
- GREscores may be required
- Language proficiency:
- IELTS: 7.0
- TOEFL: 80
- PTE: 65
- Additional documents required: Letter of acceptance and preferred research areas & a proposal.
University of Ontario Institute of Technology Masters in Cyber Security
The two-year program for cybersecurity is run at the faculty of business & information technology. The intake is available for the fall and winter seasons. For admissions to the MITS (Masters in Information Technology Security), you must:
- Have a four-year UG degree.
- Though an applicant with any background of study can be considered, preference is given to students with a UG degree in information technology, science, engineering, or related fields.
- A GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.3 is required.
- Language proficiency:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: 83-87