Would you like to learn more about occupational therapy online college course? Are you thinking about taking an online occupational therapy course? You’ve come to the right place. I will provide you with all of the information you need in order to make a well-informed decision.
This is an introduction to an info course about occupational therapy online. Whether you’re about to start taking occupational therapy classes for college or have already graduated and are looking for more information on specialties in the field, this course has something for you.
This pediatric occupational therapy courses online provides an introduction to the profession of occupational therapy. The history, philosophical base and educational requirements, licensure and certification requirements of the profession are discussed. An introduction to basic concepts such as occupation in context to promote health and prevention, role of Occupational Therapist (OT) and Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) , professional associations, and professional relationships are covered. The course covers the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, the Occupational Therapy therapeutic process, activity analysis, adaptation and grading. Ethics and Standards of Practice will be introduced. Prerequisites: None
This occupational therapy refresher course online provides interested individuals with current information, beginning skills, and exploration of attitudes concerning the profession of occupational therapy. It presents a broad overview and history of the profession, with an emphasis on the scope of OT, OT process, team process, professional issues, practice settings, ethics and current trends. Chapter discussions, learning activities and quizzes, 2 exams.
online certification courses for occupational therapists
Online Occupational Therapy Assistant Courses
Below are some commonly offered online courses for aspiring occupational therapy assistants.
- Introduction to Occupational Therapy: This course will provide an overview of occupational therapy, describing the philosophy and foundation of the profession.
- Human Neuroscience: Occupational therapy assistant students will study the human nervous system in this online course, with a focus on motor and sensory behavior.
- Occupational Therapy for Children: Students will learn how to deal with and rehabilitate children with disabilities, as well as the diseases and disabilities that affect children in particular.
- Occupational Therapy for Adults: This course will give an overview of diseases and disabilities affecting adults, and it will provide an overview of occupational therapy as it pertains to the treatment of these disabilities.
- Occupational Therapy for the Elderly: The elderly are in constant need of adapting to their lives and treating new disabilities as aging sets in. This online course will help occupational therapy assistant students learn how to deal with the elderly in this capacity.
- Human Systems Terminology: In this course, students learn the essential vocabulary to discuss muscles, organs, bones and systems of the human body as they relate to the practice of occupational therapy.
- Daily Living: In this course, students will learn about daily activities that can be hindered by illness, injuries and disease. How to better these daily functions, as the primarily goal of occupational therapy, will be analyzed.
- Therapeutic Treatment: This course will help students learn about modern techniques for treatment in occupational therapy. Therapeutic approaches to diseases and injuries will be highlighted.