Infolearners.com offers genuine diploma in family medicine online course, which is unique and approved by various universities and colleges. This comprehensive program is aimed at making you have a good knowledge and confidence in your chosen field. You can even work online or part-time jobs utilizing your new skill on health care medical programs.
If you are looking for a family medicine online course, you might consider the online course offered by Infolearners.com. It is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to become a certified family medication practitioner. You will get access to online resources and case studies that are designed to enhance your learning experience in a manner that suits you. You can schedule your exams in your own time. The course is accredited by the ABPS. This means that upon completion of this course, you will be able to sit for the board certification examination and obtain your license as a certified family medicine doctor from any state of the US or Canada .
The Diploma in Family Medicine Programme is designed to be a part-time course (mostly one weekend per month) of 18 months. There are 3 groups running the program in the North, East and Southwest Zones. The groups will meet on most Friday afternoons and Saturdays of designated weekends for lectures, practicals and demonstrations. The course period is divided into 6 quarters. And 3 modules will be covered every quarter with a terminal test after each module. At the end of every quarter there will be a continuous assessment test these previous assessments will contribute to the final exam scores.
Lectures are given using powerpoints. Practicals consist of demonstrations and hands-on skills acquisition at designated centres. Candidates are expected to make a minimum of 75% attendance at lectures and 75% attendance at the practicals/clinicals during each quarter. During the 18-month period, he/she is expected to attend 2 workshops and 1 Revision course.
The distance learning aspect of the program is being strengthened to achieve greater interactions between enrollees and designated lecturers in between one-on-one weekend interactions.
All enrollees are expected to register with the College as an Associate Diplomate.
Requirements for completion of Diploma in Family Medicine
1. Pass in MCQ for all modules.
2. Assignments passed for all modules.
3. Log book satisfactorily completed.
4. 2 workshops and 1 revision course fully attended.
5. Pass end of semester assessments.
6. Pass College final exams.
7. No financial indebtedness to the College or Faculty
8. Strict observance of the rules and regulations of the programme.
What Certificate Will Be Obtained
Successful completion of the programme will lead to award of the postgraduate diploma in Family Medicine (PGDFM). This certificate would be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN). A possessor of this certificate would be able to provide comprehensive first contact care to all patients at any point of care in the country. He/she should be a valuable asset for any health care facility anywhere in the country.
Diploma in Family Medicine ( Online Program)
(Contact training schedule)
DURATION : 6 MONTHS (4months online & 2months campus training)
ELIGIBILITY : MBBS Registration with MCI
- To have the knowledge and skills to provide comprehensive and continuing care for patients in all age groups
- To consider illness in psychological and social terms and not just in physical ones
- To acknowledge clinical uncertainty and to ensure safe and effective management decisions for patients
- To understand the principles of continuity of care, of the gatekeeper function and of appropriate, timely referral
- To understand the principles of health promotion and to use those principles in as many consultations as possible.
- To develop the skills of self-directed life-long learning and to make full use of information sources, including use of computers and the internet
- To possess adequate knowledge of computers and their application in clinical practice
- Primary health care: features; organization; global perspective.
- Dimensions of continuity of care, and the family doctor as gatekeeper.
- Problem-oriented patient records.
- Co-ordination of care and making effective referrals.
- Illness and disease: case studies.
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Principles of health promotion activity
- The doctor’s role in prevention of: smoking; sexually transmitted disease; any other relevant health problem(s)
- Use of medical literature; computer skills
- Principles of Quality Assurance and practice audit
Lectures, case presentations, Journal clubs. Practical demonstrations and clinicals. All theory sessions will be held in the Academic building, Apollo Hospitals campus, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad and clinicals will be on a rotation basis at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderguda, Secunderabad, Mehdipatnam and Malakpet.
The curriculum provided by the Royal College of General Practitioners will be adhered to
Assessment Internal Assessment – Written and orals half through the course External Examination – Theory and Orals to be conducted by the Royal College of General Practitioners at the end of the course
Criteria For Certification
Minimum attendance of 90% in theory and clinicals sessions. Completion of logbook 50% Marks in Internal assessment
- Prospectus and application form : Rs.200
- Admission Fee : Rs.15000
- Examination Fee : Rs.5000
- Monthly Fee (Rs.5000 * 6) : Rs.30000
- Total Course Fee : Rs.50000
- On admission fee to be paid : Admission fee Rs.15000 + Examination fee Rs.5000 + First month fee Rs.5000 = Rs.25000
Hostel within the hospital campus will be provided for female trainees on payment of additional fee. Plenty of accommodation is available for male candidates close to the hospitals.
Successful Candidates To Receive “Diploma In Family Medicine” Jointly From AHERF & RCGP For more details send an email to [email protected]