This course is your complete approach to building a fast-flowing highway of continuous demand. Learn each step of the process for driving B2B leads with content marketing, from first action to final outcome.
In this compact and practical course, you’ll learn how to prepare for a Content Strategy job and succeed at it. The course is divided into 4 easy-to-follow steps:
- Discover: In this step, you’ll learn what content strategy is all about. You’ll get acquainted with main responsibilities of a Content Strategist. And, more importantly, you’ll understand if this role is right for you.
- Acquire: You’ll be introduced to some core, complimentary and nice-to-have skills for the role of a Content Strategist. Besides an overview, you’ll see examples and resources helpful to acquiring these skills.
- Prepare: You’ll receive guidance on how to gain experience in the field of Content Strategy, build a portfolio, and prepare for a job interview.
- Succeed: Finally, in this step, you’ll get some actionable tips on how succeed in the role of a Content Strategist.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Content Strategy
- Students looking for a career in Content Strategy
- Mid-career professionals looking to become Content Strategists
- Content strategists looking to get better at their job
- Writers & Editors
- Web Content Specialists or Content Developers
- UX professionals
- Business Analysts and Strategists
- Content Marketing
LESSONINSTRUCTOR1The Power of Storytelling3 videos (23 minutes)
Lindsay ThibeaultRead more2Planning a Long-Term Content Strategy3 videos (29 minutes)
AJ BeltisRead more3Creating Topic Clusters and Pillar Pages5 videos (38 minutes)
Justin ChampionRead more4How to Effectively Promote Content4 videos (43 minutes)
Corey BraccialiniRead more5Measuring and Analyzing Your Content5 videos (35 minutes)
Corey BraccialiniRead more6Developing a Growth Marketing Mentality2 videos (11 minutes)
Sujan PatelRead more
More Like This
- Business Blogging Course: Attracting and Monetizin…SHORT COURSE3 lessons1:54 hoursHere’s everything you need to know about creating a successful business blo…Read moreBusiness Blogging Course: Attracting and Monetizing an Audience Through ContentStart course
- Generating Content IdeasSINGLE LESSON1 lesson15 minutesOne of the differences between good and great content marketers is that the…Read moreGenerating Content IdeasStart lesson
- Building a Content Creation FrameworkSINGLE LESSON1 lesson23 minutesA defined process will help keep your content creation efforts running like…Read moreBuilding a Content Creation FrameworkStart lesson
- Extending the Value of Your Content Through Repurp…SINGLE LESSON1 lesson31 minutesA wise marketer looks for efficiencies when it comes to content output. Rep…Read moreExtending the Value of Your Content Through RepurposingStart lesson
- Content Strategy Course: Introduction Video [Transcript]
Why Learn With Academy
Creating a HubSpot Academy account is 100% free and gets you unlimited access to our complete library of education and free software tools. Create an account and never fill out a form for content again
Your account will be full of personalized training recommendations tailored to you, making it quick and easy for you to continuously develop your knowledge and skills
With our globally-recognized certifications across 5 languages, you can show off your skills and stand out to new or existing employers. Join over 250,000 other HubSpot Academy certified professionals now
Copyright © 2022 HubSpot, Inc.
- Align topics and formats with the information needs of your audience
- Research keyphrases and search optimize your content
- Find and collaborate with relevant influencers
- Maximize your email list growth, open rates and click through rates
- Produce higher quality content in less time by repurposing
- Measure and optimize for better traffic (and more conversions) on the next go round
We’ll analyze the birth of a lead, deconstructing each page in the process and each stage in the funnel. You’ll learn how to strengthen each stage, from the high-ranking blog post to the thank you page after the thank you page.
Content. It’s why they visit and why they convert (or don’t). Content is part of every step in your funnel. From the first keyphrase to the final conversion, this masterclass connects every dot. Your content is a bridge between a Google search results page and your website’s thank you page.
With this course you will learn to figure out:
- Who are we talking to? Why do they care?
- What are the two types of keyphrases? What pages target which type?
- How do you build links, authority and ranking potential?
- What do we publish? And how will it be promoted?
- What topics, formats and collaborators support lead generation?
Some brands buy traffic. They try to win the battle of budgets through brute force or by outsmarting the other advertisers, picking off opportunities on the edge.
The content marketer has a different approach. We win traffic. We earn conversions and grow audiences so large that eventually the advertisers start calling us, trying to buy space on our digital properties.
It’s both an art and a science. Content marketing is perfect for marketers who love to use both halves of their brains.
If you like to cross channels and combine tactics, if you love both making and measuring things, this course is designed for you.
Content strategy doesn’t require big budgets, but it does take time. You will dominate your competition slowly, patiently. You will win the loyalty of your audience one keyphrase, link, and subscriber at a time.
Once complete, you’ll own a platform that consistently generates high quality leads. You will have the skills and mindset of a content strategist with a clear understanding of how to generate awareness, demand and revenue through content.
- You have a platform for publishing (CMS and Analytics account)
- The fundamentals of brand and business are in place (the ability to turn demand into revenue)
- You have basic writing skills and you’re willing to use them
If you’ve ever spoken these words, reconsider taking this course:
- “My audience doesn’t use the internet. I get plenty of leads by cold calling.”
…you don’t believe in the power of digital
- “I need leads yesterday! I can’t afford to wait for momentum to build.”
…you lack the patience required to build a content program
- “I would never give away advice! If you want my insights, you have to pay. Besides, my competitors would know my secrets if I shared them.”
…you are afraid to share information online
If you stand behind any of those convictions, please do not register for this course.
Ideally, this isn’t your first rodeo. You have been exposed to all of the basic concepts and have at least a year of digital marketing under your belt.
- Basic Google Analytics skills and access to your account
- Basic writing and publishing skills
- Some experience in some area of digital marketing (social media, SEO, PPC, blogging, etc.)
Are you a pro at this already? Aspects of this course are advanced. Seasoned content marketers with 5+ years of experience can also expect real practical value.