Get empowered with artificial intelligence through this expert-approved online course. You’ll start off simple by building an AI user interface, then will find yourself bending TensorFlow to your will as you build a neural network that can learn.
AI is estimated to contribute $15.7 trillion to the world economy by 2030, according to PwC.
And, in 2021 alone, Gartner projects AI augmentation will create $2.9 trillion of business value, and 6.2 billion hours of worker productivity globally.
That’s a disruptive level of impact which will be felt by everyone, no matter what job or field you’re in.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a student looking to enter a hot computer science field or a seasoned professional with no interest in coding…
You will need to understand AI at some level—either to build it or harness its power in your career.
To do that, you’re going to need some education. Specifically, you’re probably going to look into online AI courses. In fact, most of the education you need to get started is available online, completely free.
What AI courses are available?
What subjects do you need to know?
Which courses are the best ones?
Who should you trust when you look for an AI course?
This post is here to help. In it, we answer all the key questions you might have about AI courses online—and we even offer our top picks for the best AI courses.
What courses are available in AI?
But there are tons of online options as well. On Coursera alone, there are 1,400+ artificial intelligence courses. Plenty of technology companies, like Google, also offer AI courses.
These courses don’t all require a technical background. Many of them teach you how to apply AI in your business or work, even if you’ve never written a line of code.
What subjects do you need to know for AI courses?
It depends. What do you want to do with artificial intelligence?
Do you want to learn how to build AI?
If so, you’ll likely need a strong technical background or credentials in computer science, software development, and/or data science.
Machine learning engineers rely on these foundational concepts to design and build AI systems.
Do you want to help companies implement AI?
If so, you may not need to know how to build sophisticated AI systems from scratch, but you better have a solid technical background in data science and machine learning.
Do you want to use AI in business?
If so, you don’t always need hard technical skills. In fact, many AI tools today can be used without knowing how to build AI.
You still need to understand the fundamentals of the technology, which isn’t always easy. You also need to know the ins and outs of the technology you’re using.
But plenty of people are using AI on the cutting edge of their industries because they function as “AI translators,” or highly competent business professionals who work with technical teams to apply AI to exciting business challenges. Many courses cater specifically to these professionals.
Here’s the good news:
All the top courses online clearly indicate what subjects you need to know to get value out of the course.
Just don’t fall into the trap of thinking you have to spend years learning how to build AI to get started. You don’t.
Can you learn AI for free?
With so many options to learn AI, this begs the question: Can you learn AI for free using online courses?
The short answer is “Yes!” Thousands of high-quality online courses are free to take. In fact, no matter what you’re trying to do with AI, chances are you can learn a lot of it for free.
Now, that doesn’t mean it’s not worth paying for courses. There are plenty of AI courses worth your hard-earned money because they:
- Offer expert instruction you can’t find anywhere else…
- Save you time by giving you shortcuts that accelerate learning…
- Give you formal credentials that make you more appealing to employers…
You can learn plenty with each path, and the one you choose depends on your budget and goals.
The real problem is that your time is limited.
If you spend weeks or months on the wrong type of course for your goals, you’re back at square one.
So, if you’re going the free route, the question is:
How do you pick the right free AI courses out of the thousands out there?
Good news: We’ve done the hard work for you. Check out the next section to see our top picks for free AI courses.
What are the best free AI courses online?
1. Google’s free AI course
Google is one of the top players in AI and machine learning, and they offer their machine learning courses for free. It’s the same training they require all of their engineers to take.
Why give away their secrets in a free machine learning course?
According to their developer’s blog “We believe that the potential of machine learning is so vast that every technical person should learn machine learning fundamentals.” The awesome thing about Google’s machine learning concepts crash course is that it’s really not that technical.
Sure, you’ll want to understand basic math concepts, but expertise in computer science isn’t required. Despite that, you’ll learn what you need to know about core topics like:
- What a machine learning model is.
- Which machine learning algorithm is which, and which ML model to use.
- Differences between supervised learning, unsupervised learning, and types of machine learning training.
- Different types of ML algorithms.
The best advice we can offer is to not get too caught up in the tiny details. Focus on the broad picture and the basic concepts.
Even if your goal is just to understand AI (rather than build it), this course will be beneficial.
While you won’t get a formal machine learning certification from the course, we do highly recommend the course for any marketer.
2. Stanford’s free AI course
Andrew Ng is the former chief scientist at Baidu, adjunct professor at Stanford, co-founder of Coursera, and one of the biggest names in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
He’s also the teacher of one of a machine learning certification course on Coursera, offered through Stanford University.
This Coursera machine learning course is titled simply “Machine Learning” and it’s 100% free to take. You’ll only need to pay if you want a shareable machine learning certification from Coursera upon completion (though this may be appealing to potential employers).
The course material is a little more intensive than Google’s machine learning course with 11 weeks of learning comprised of 5-8 readings and videos each week.
This Coursera course does a great job at explaining the strategy behind AI as well as offering a greater understanding of how AI and machine learning applications work.
3. Udacity’s free AI course
TED talk from a few years back, AI experts Peter Norvig and Sebastian Thrun talked about their success teaching an online AI course with over 100,000 students.
They’ve loaded up that same artificial intelligence course, where marketers can learn the basics of artificial intelligence and its growing applications in business.
It has an estimated timeline of four months, is 100% free, and counts as credit towards their machine learning specialization program, which offers a machine learning certification, for those who choose to pursue them.
Before you take a free AI course online…
Any of the artificial intelligence courses above will give you a great foundational education.
But if you’re a marketer or businessperson who wants to speed up your results and get more formal certifications…
There is another option to consider.
AI Academy for Marketers is an online learning platform that helps any marketer or business professional understand, pilot, and scale AI and machine learning.
AI Academy for Marketers has 25+ courses and 5 formal certification courses taught by the industry’s top authors, marketers, and entrepreneurs.
As an AI Academy member, you get unlimited, on-demand access to education on applied machine learning and AI. Across a range of content for every type of marketing, you’ll learn:
- How to understand and use AI, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, predictive analytics, and other key technologies.
- How to understand and deploy advanced machine learning techniques and machine learning models on your marketing and business data.
- How to pick and implement a machine learning project and a practical application for AI across every area of marketing.
- Much, much more about how to increase revenue and decrease costs with AI and machine learning.
It’s like an AI and machine learning bootcamp for marketing and business pros who want to get real business results from AI fast. And each major area of marketing-from content marketing to advertising to email marketing-has a specific learning path.
In summary, here are 10 of our most popular artificial intelligence courses
- AI For Everyone: DeepLearning.AI
- IBM Applied AI: IBM
- Machine Learning: Stanford University
- AI Foundations for Everyone: IBM
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI): IBM
- IBM AI Engineering: IBM
- AI For Business: University of Pennsylvania
- Deep Learning: DeepLearning.AI
- Artificial Intelligence: An Overview: Politecnico di Milano
- AI Product Management: Duke University
Frequently Asked Questions about Artificial Intelligence
- What is artificial intelligence, and why is it important to study?Artificial intelligence (AI) is a fast-growing branch of computer science focused on enabling computers to perform a wide range of tasks that previously required human intelligence. Today, AI is used to power a wide range of tasks, such as image recognition, language translation, and prioritization of email or business workflows. So, if you have a smartphone, chances are you use software with AI capabilities every day.AI is often discussed in tandem with the closely related concept of machine learning. Machine learning is the use of step-by-step processes called algorithms to allow computers to solve problems on their own – and, over time, get steadily better at doing so. Well-designed machine learning algorithms give computers the ability to solve a wide range of problems much more effectively and flexibly than if programmers had to provide detailed instructions for one specific use case.While machine learning is used to create many simple AI applications, this approach typically requires massive, clearly-defined datasets to properly “train” the program. To create more sophisticated AI applications, an advanced type of machine learning called deep learning is used. Deep learning uses artificial neural networks that, as its name implies, are patterned after the human brain and do not require such structured datasets and human guidance to be successful. Instead, the AI application can be fed diverse, unstructured datasets and learn itself how to achieve a specified goal.Even today’s most powerful deep learning approaches are not capable of mimicking the complexity and creativity of the human brain and its tens of billions of neurons. However, the field of artificial intelligence has made incredible strides in recent years, and is changing the way we live and work in ways that would have seemed outlandish a decade ago. Who knows what the next decade of progress in this exciting field will yield? Students learning skills in this area today may end up producing even more radical breakthroughs.
- What kinds of careers can you pursue with a background in artificial intelligence?As artificial intelligence (AI) touches more and more areas of our daily lives, it is becoming useful to more and more career paths. Indeed, at least some background in this field is required for a growing number of jobs, and it can help give you a significant advantage over the competition in many others.Naturally, AI and its subfields are in very high demand for popular computer science jobs. Data scientists rely on machine learning and deep learning skills in their daily work, applying various data mining techniques to both structured and unstructured big data in order to produce valuable insights for a wide variety of businesses. Skills in natural language processing (NLP) are needed to create useful chatbots for customer service as well as voice-activated assistants like Amazon’s Alexa. And advanced AI skills can put you on the cutting edge of computer programming, working on teams seeking to achieve ambitious goals like self-driving cars or autonomous robots.A background in AI can help you in more and more jobs outside the realm of computer science, as well – it’s not much of an exaggeration to say that if a job requires human intelligence to do, artificial intelligence can help.For example, a familiarity with machine learning can help business analysts understand and use sophisticated tools for predicting movements in the market – or develop these tools themselves. Doctors and other healthcare professionals are leveraging AI to assist with diagnosing illnesses, prescribing treatments, and analyzing medical data. Even creative professionals in visual arts and music can take advantage of AI tools to help them generate images and melodies.
- What online courses available on Coursera can help me learn about artificial intelligence?Coursera offers online courses in an incredibly wide range of computer science topics, and artificial intelligence is no exception. If you’re a computer science student interested in this fast-growing field, online courses can give you an introduction to AI and machine learning, or help you hone your Python skills for data science. More advanced learners can dive deep, with courses and Specializations in AI engineering and deep learning. Even non-computer scientists can benefit from courses geared towards their field, such as the use of machine learning for trading and other business professionals.Whatever your level of expertise and area of interest, online courses let you learn remotely on a flexible schedule and, typically, a lower cost than on-campus alternatives. And thanks to Coursera’s partnerships with top-ranked schools like Stanford University and Imperial College London, as well as industry leaders like IBM and Google Cloud, students can get all the advantages of online learning while still getting a high-quality education in this exciting field.
- What skills or experience do I need to already have before starting to learn artificial intelligence?The skills or experience you may need to have before learning artificial intelligence (AI) includes having a solid knowledge of math, science, and computer science, specifically data science. You may want to have experience with advanced math, such as calculus and algebra, Bayesian algorithms, plus probability and statistics. In addition, a science background may be good to have for learning AI, including an understanding of physics, mechanics, cognitive learning theory, and language processing. It will also help to have a good command of computer science, including programming languages and tools such as Python, C++, and Java. Understanding the basic foundations of machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks may also be helpful to you before learning AI. If you already have some experience in software development, automotive manufacturing, and aerospace manufacturing fields, you may already have some necessary understanding of the way AI is applied in these industries.
- What kind of people are best suited for roles in artificial intelligence?The kind of people who are best suited for roles in AI are interested in highly scientific concepts and tools. People well suited to work in roles in AI feel comfortable experimenting with advanced technologies and concepts, such as machine learning, a part of AI that has given the world self-driving cars, for example. They also feel energized working with sophisticated pieces of software that can make decisions by analyzing data. In addition, the type of people well suited to work in roles in AI may want to learn to have the ability to build sophisticated pieces of equipment, such as robotics, which operate on internal software.
- How do I know if learning artificial intelligence is right for me?Learning artificial intelligence may be right for you if you plan on becoming an AI developer, machine learning engineer, data scientist, or research engineer or if you want your company to become better at using AI. In addition, learning AI may be beneficial if you are in the medical field, which AI is transforming when it comes to diagnosing, treating, and predicting outcomes. Learning AI may benefit you if you want to understand what AI realistically can and can’t do and if you want to be able to spot opportunities to apply AI to your organization’s problems and know how to navigate the ethics of machine learning, along with other dimensions of AI.
This FAQ content has been made available for informational purposes only. Learners are advised to conduct additional research to ensure that courses and other credentials pursued meet their personal, professional, and financial goals.
7 Best Courses to Learn Artificial Intelligence in 2021
Hello guys, Artificial Intelligence is one of the growing fields in technology and many developers are trying to learn Artificial Intelligence to take their career next level. If you are a Python developer and looking for the best courses to learn Artificial Intelligence with Python then you have come to the right place.
In this article, I will share the best courses to learn AI basics as well as some hands-on courses to practice AI with the Python library. I first come across AI when DeepMind beat Garry Kasparov, one of the finest players of Chess.
It was way back in the 1990s, and AI has come a long way since then. Now, Google is using the same DeepMind to reduce electric bills of its Data Center by 40%, and Elon Musk is talking about Self driving cars.
If you are a tech geek or a programmer, these are some of the fascinating examples of Artificial Intelligence, and every time I hear an AI story, I really get hooked up. While all these are good and interesting, as a programmer, I am also spending some time on how to code AI?
I am not talking about big problems, but just learning how to use AI for your benefits or customize Artificial Intelligence for your own need will go a long way in the near future, and I am learning all these by joining the online courses and looking at agents on sites like Open AI gym.
If you don’t know, Open AI Gym is a project backed by entrepreneurs like Elon Musk. It provides a toolkit for developing and comparing reinforcement learning algorithms. It supports teaching agents everything from walking to playing games like Pong, Goes, Doom, Breakout, or Pinball.
Since Games are my other interest area, If you don’t know, I learned to code by writing games like Tic-Tac-Toe, Breakout, Tetris, and Chess, developing AI to build games seems a great idea to learn Artificial Intelligence.
If you look closely, games provide a perfect environment for building Artificial Intelligence. When you have an algorithm that can beat the game, you know that the same principles can be applied to solve real-world problems. This is precisely the approach many tech giants like Google and Tesla follows.
If you are like me and want to learn AI or Artificial Intelligence in 2021 with Python and looking for some excellent online courses, then you have come to the right place. In this article, I am going to share some of the best online courses to learn Artificial Intelligence in 2021.
I also suggest you learn Python if you don’t know already and if you need a recommendation then you can check out this Python 3 Bootcamp course on Udemy. Created by Jose Marcial Portilla, it’s one of the best resources to learn Python online.Python Bootcamps: Learn Python Programming and Code TrainingThis is the most comprehensive, yet straight-forward, course for the Python programming language on Udemy! Whether you…bit.ly
7 Best Online Courses to Learn Artificial Intelligence in 2021
There are many courses to learn Artificial Intelligence on the Internet, but most of them are boring or too technical, even for programmers with years of experience.
Since I always believe in simplicity and exciting stuff, I have only chosen a course that has the right mix of theory and practice. These are the courses that not only teach you how to build Artificial Intelligence but also inspire you to learn AI.
Andrew Ng is one person who has inspired millions of developers about Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning through his classic machine learning courses.
He is also one of the founders of Coursera, the lead of Google Brain, Chief Scientist of Baidu, and instructor of the most popular Machine Learning course on the planet.
If you are wondering if this is true? Yes, The Machine Learning course on Coursera has been taken by more than 2.6 million students which makes it a popular course on Machine learning. You can check numbers by yourself.
When Andrew Ng announced this course on Twitter, I knew this is something I must join, even though I have attended a couple of classes on Artificial Intelligence, I learned a lot from this course.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of what AI is and the meanings of various concepts being talked about in the context of Artificial Intelligence. It helps you to build your vocabulary so that you can discuss AI with fellow programmers and other people, both online and offline.
Here is the link to join this course online — AI for EveryOne by Andrew Ng (Coursera)
Btw, this course provides a non-technical perspective of AI, but you can also take this course to learn the business aspects of AI. If you want to build an AI strategy for your company or want to work with an AI team, join this course.
And, if you find Coursera courses useful, which they are because they are created by reputed companies like Google, IBM, Amazon, and best universities around the world, I suggest you join the Coursera Plus, a subscription plan from Coursera
This single subscription gives you unlimited access to their most popular courses, specialization, professional certificate, and guided projects. It cost around $399/year but its complete worth of your money as you get unlimited certificates.
This was the first course I took for learning Artificial Intelligence, and it was no brainer because I am a massive fan of instructor Kirill Eremenko and his SuperDataScience team.
Having attended his in-depth learning course, I know how engaging it is, which is my primary requirement, given the complexity of the subject. I didn’t want to get bogged down by heavy use of Mathematics and Neural networks, instead, I wanted a course that can inspire me to learn more, and I must say, I wasn’t disappointed.
This course will teach you how to combine the power of Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning to create powerful AI for Real-World applications like creating AI to beat the game in Breakout, pass a level in Doom and create logic for self-driving cars.
Here is the link to join this course online — Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI (Udemy)
The course material is really engaging and exciting, especially if you like games and if you haven’t attended any AI course before, I suggest you join this one. You won’t regret it.
Talking about social proof, more than 101,411 students have already enrolled in this course, and it has, on average, 4.4 ratings from 11,452 ratings, which is just phenomenal. A big thanks to Kirill Eremenko and his entire @superdatascience team for creating this awesome course.
This is another course I have taken on Udemy to learn about how to use AI in games. If you don’t know, Unity is one of the most popular game engines for developing all kinds of video games, and they are using AI to make games difficult depending upon the player’s caliber.
If you are a game designer or game developer and if your non-player characters lack drive and ambition, then you can join this course to learn how to make them more authentic and believable.
In this course, Penny, instructor of the course, reveals the most popular AI techniques used for creating believable character behavior in games using her internationally acclaimed teaching style and knowledge from over 25 years working with games, graphics, and has written two award-winning books on games AI.
Here is the link to join this course online —The Beginner’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence in Unity.
Throughout this course, you will follow along with hands-on workshops designed to teach you about the fundamental AI techniques used in today’s games. If you love video games and want to learn more about how AI is used there, this is the course for you.
This is another fantastic course to learn about Artificial Intelligence in Coursera. In this course, you will learn what Artificial Intelligence (AI) is, explore use cases and applications of AI, understand AI concepts, and terms like machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks.
You will also be exposed to various issues and concerns surrounding AI, such as ethics and bias, & jobs, and get advice from experts about learning and starting a career in AI.
You will also demonstrate AI in action with a mini-project, and get a certificate after completing the project successfully
This course does not require any programming or computer science expertise and is designed to introduce the basics of AI to anyone, whether you have a technical background or not.
Here is the link to join this course online — Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) Coursera
This is another awesome course by Kirill Eremenko and his SuperDataScience Team on how to solve real-world business problems with AI. If you are business people or just curious how AI can help you then you should join this course.
The complex topic of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is presented the best it can without getting too technical. I highly recommend to business professionals trying to improve their skillset and help their business use AI.
Talking about social proof, this course is trusted by more than 14,000 students and it has on average 4.3 rating which is amazing proof that this is a great course.
Here is the link to join this course online — Artificial Intelligence for Business
In the last course we have seen a simple, not so much technical AI course for beginners and this is exactly the opposite. It’s an advanced AI Course which focuses on deep Reinforcement Learning using Python.
Created by Lazy Programmer and his team, this course is all about the application of deep learning and neural networks to reinforcement learning.
You will also learn about OpenAI Gym, which is heavily used in his course for practice and demo. It allows anyone, anywhere in the world, to train their reinforcement learning agents in a standard environment. If you want to go deep on AI then this is the perfect course for you.
Here is the link to join this course online — Advanced AI: Deep Reinforcement Learning in Python
If you don’t know, Reinforcement Learning is a big part of AI, and this course provides a complete guide to Deep Reinforcement Learning. It helps you to understand reinforcement learning on a technical level.
It also helps you to understand the relationship between reinforcement learning and psychology.
Reinforcement learning has recently become famous for doing some of the fantastic things in AI like In 2016, we saw Google’s AlphaGo beat the world champion in Go. We saw AIs playing video games like Doom and Super Mario.
Much like deep learning, a lot of the theory was discovered in the 70s and 80s, but it hasn’t been until recently that we’ve been able to observe first hand the amazing results that are possible.
Here is the link to join this course online — Artificial Intelligence: Reinforcement Learning in Python
Talking about social proof, this course has been trusted by more than 28,000 students, and it has, on average, 4.6 ratings from close to 5,000 participants, which is just phenomenal. If you are looking for a purely technical course in AI, this is the one to join.
That’s all about some of the best courses to learn Artificial Intelligence or AI with Python in 2021. I have tried to include some non-technical courses on Artificial Intelligence like AI for EveryOne by the great Andrew Ng just to understand the business and general aspect of AI, which is far more important than actually learning how to build AI for a particular domain or problem.
Thanks for reading this article so far. If you like Artificial Intelligence or AI courses, then please share it with your friends and colleagues. If you have any questions or feedback, then please drop a note.
P. S. — If you are serious about moving into AI and Machine Learning field, I also suggest you learn Python, one of the most valuable skills when it comes to Machine Learning and AI. If you need resources, check out this list of the best Python courses to kick-start your journey.