Last Updated on March 30, 2021
Where will I find the right and concise information on University of London Computing and Information Systems? You might be wondering right now. In Collegelearners , you have everything you need in English and more. Get direct information about University of London Computing and Information Systems computing and information systems jobs university of london courses; get ready and brace yourself, because you’ll be told all about University of London Computing and Information Systems on Collegelearners.
Start or complete your university of London computing and information systems degree through distance learning. Grab the opportunity to enroll for one of the world cheapest online B.Sc information systems from one of the best universities in the world through distance learning. Earn a computer information systems degree from some of the best universities in UK with just $7,000 and save $90,000 which is the amount required to complete the on campus equivalent.
Start a journey that will change your life forever. Earn an internationally recognized Bachelor degree through university of London computing and information systems, and enjoy the same benefits and certificate accorded to on campus students.
About The University of London computing and information systems B.Sc Degree
Gain a respected university of London computing and information systems degree by distance learning
This computing and information systems goldsmiths degree is for you if you want to:
- develop your career by gaining in-depth practical skills on top of a solid theoretical basis
- gain the edge through a qualification that emphasises understanding as well as using software which will place you as a leader and innovator
- benefit from the intellectual leadership and creativity of Goldsmiths, the College of University of London which provides academic direction for this B.Sc information systems
- develop skills in various aspects of programming such as computer systems development, database management systems, e-commerce, computer security and artificial intelligence.
B.Sc information systems degree summaries
BSc Computing and information systems degree : The traditional degree in which 12 courses are taken in three stages. You may apply to transfer to Goldsmiths, University of London, to complete your degree study, entering at Level 5 or Level 6. You have between 3-8 years to complete the BSc information systems degree . You may be eligible for Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) if you have previously studied suitable material.
Diploma: An award in its own right consisting of five courses. Upon successful completion you may transfer directly to Level 5 of the BSc. The Diploma can only be studied at a recognised centre, which is listed offering this programme on the Directory of Institutions. You have between 2-5 years to complete the Diploma.
Work Experience Entry Route: Consists of 2 courses and provides an entry onto the BSc if you do not have traditional A levels or their equivalent. You have between 1-3 years to complete the Work Experience Entry Route.
Individual Courses: Some core and optional modules are offered as credit-bearing individual modules. This is an ideal option if you’re keen to update your professional knowledge, enhance your career or sample the programme.
The following individual courses are available:
- Mathematics for computing
- Information systems: foundations of e-business
- Introduction to Java and object-oriented programming
- Introduction to computing and the internet
- Creative computing I: image, sound and motion
Prestige and career progression
The computing and information systems degree has been developed by academics within the Department of Computing at one of the top universities in London. The Department is a leading centre in the UK for the study of Arts and Music Computing, Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence, and Computer Science. Academic staff are leaders and partners on a variety of research projects. This degree will prepare you for a variety of careers, including Systems Analyst, Systems Designer, Application Programmer and IT Consultant.
Time commitment and cost
Independent study demands that you are motivated, well-organised and focused. We advise that to complete in the minimum study period you will need devote at least 250 hours of study to each full course. Fees are payable as you progress rather than as a single lump sum. The following is an example of University fees for the whole programme of study: £5,400 for the BSc. Please note that this example is calculated using current fees for 2016-17, does not reflect any annual change to fees and assumes completion in the minimum time permitted.
Studying in the UK
Students can complete the last one or two years of their degree studying on campus at Goldsmiths in London. Find out more by emailing Goldsmiths. You will need to apply to Goldsmiths via the UCAS admissions service before 28 February in your intended year of study at Goldsmiths.
BSc Computing and Information Systems
To be eligible for the BSc degree you must:
- normally* be aged 17 or above by the 30 November in the year of registration and satisfy the University’s General Entrance Requirements and
- GCE O’Level and GCE A level/ One Year University studies / Foundation degree / National Diploma
- have a level of competence at least equivalent to a pass at UK GCE ‘AS’ level in a mathematical subject or a UK GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level in Mathematics at no less than grade B (equivalents can be found within the above link).
Diploma in Computing and Information Systems
To be eligible for the Diploma you must:
- normally* be aged 17 years or above before 1 September in the year you first register with the University and
- have passed the equivalent of at least four separate subjects at UK GCSE/ GCE ‘O’ level (at not less than grade C) including Mathematics and
- been admitted to a course of instruction at a teaching institution which has been given ‘Diploma Teaching Status’ (for further details see advice about choosing an institution section of our website).
Work Experience Entry Route to University of London computing and information systems B.Sc Degree
To be eligible for the Work Experience Entry Route you must:
- normally* be aged 21 years or above before 1 September in the year you first register with the University and
- have passed the equivalent of at least four separate subjects at UK GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level (at not less than grade C) including Mathematics and
- have at least two years relevant work experience (i.e. with computing or information technology elements either from a job in a computing-oriented company or a job in computing or information technology).University Offering The CourseThis course is offered by one of the best Universities in London, Login below to gain complete information about the university offering the program and how to enroll for the program