Last Updated on January 19, 2023
Columbia Teachers College is a solid liberal arts education. The school is small, with just over 5,000 students, and it offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees. One of the most popular majors is the master’s in teaching.
On Collegelearners, we provide the finest information on columbia teachers college gre scores, columbia university acceptance rate and teachers college columbia university ranking.
You can read on to know further details on columbia teachers college acceptance rate, columbia teachers college tuition and teachers college acceptance rate 2019.
What GPA do you need to get into Teachers College at Columbia University?
Teachers College at Columbia University’s average GPA is 3.15. Teachers College at Columbia University does require GPA. Teachers College at Columbia University is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Teachers College application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year – to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Teachers College at Columbia University may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it… That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year – they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Teachers College’s campus. These Teachers College admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.EXPLORE 15,000 STUDENT VIDEOS ON CAMPUSREEL
Columbia Teachers College Acceptance Rate
Last year Teachers College at Columbia University’s acceptance rate was 0.0. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
As you can see, Teachers College at Columbia University is just as competitive as it was last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Teachers College – it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHANCES AT TEACHERS COLLEGE?Your SAT ScoreCheck this box if you are not submitting an SAT scoreYour ACT ScoreSelect a scoreCheck this box if you are not submitting an ACT scoreYour GPA*on a 4.0 scale
This free college chances tool calculates your acceptance chances at Teachers College or any other U.S. college
Please note all chances are estimates based on test score and GPA averages.Calculate Your College Options
*or select a school above for a specific calculation
Need chances at another college?Select a School
Does Teachers College at Columbia University Require Test Scores?
Teachers College at Columbia University requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Teachers College at Columbia University’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Teachers College at Columbia University SAT Requirements
Teachers College at Columbia University’s average SAT score is – – this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed – it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Teachers College at Columbia University is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Teachers College at Columbia University’s average SAT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Teachers College at Columbia University your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Teachers College at Columbia University a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of -.EXPLORE 15,000 STUDENT VIDEOS ON CAMPUSREEL
Teachers College at Columbia University ACT Requirements
Teachers College at Columbia University’s average ACT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Teachers College at Columbia University your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Teachers College at Columbia University a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of -.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
How hard is it to get into Teachers College at Columbia University?
As you can see from the data above, Teachers College at Columbia University is exceptionally difficult to get into. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.15 but also SAT scores around -. Getting into Teachers College at Columbia University is no easy feat and you will need to set yourself apart with more than just numbers and data. Read on to learn how.EXPLORE 15,000 STUDENT VIDEOS ON CAMPUSREEL
Teachers College at Columbia University Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Teachers College at Columbia University from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Teachers College
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Teachers College. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Teachers College, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Teachers College admission standards.
- Score at least a – on the SAT or – on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Teachers College’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Teachers College at Columbia University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. New York has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Teachers College at Columbia University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school – they want students who will give back to the local community and broader New York area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Teachers College needs to see past your test scores and grades – they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores – your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Teachers College at Columbia University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Teachers College app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Teachers College’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause – submit your app a few days early.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHANCES AT TEACHERS COLLEGE?
columbia teachers college tuition
How much is Columbia Teachers College?
In the 2021-2022 academic year, tuition for all regular courses is $1,839 per point.
Tuition and Fees.
|Description Of Fee||Amount|
|Teachers College Tuition, Per Point (Credit)||$1,839|
|Teachers College Fee, Per Term||$488|
|Teachers College Research Fee||$488|
|Columbia Health Fee – (Fall/Spring )||$623 / $623|