Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Study abroad students looking for information about CU Boulder Business Majors are on the Internet. However, the Internet does not always provide the information you need. If you want to learn more about CU Boulder Business Majors, we have all the details you need.
Collegelearners.com discusses up-to- date information about CU Boulder Business Majors as well as information about cu boulder business school, leeds school of business acceptance rate. You can also get more information on collegelearners.
Academic Areas of Emphasis Information and Resources
You are here
Accounting students graduate with a comprehensive understanding of the theory and concepts that underlie accounting practice. Coursework emphasizes logical reasoning and the development, understanding, and use of information, enabling students to solve problems in accounting and management while making informed accounting policy decisions.
The Finance Area of Emphasis addresses issues in the financial services and securities area. Curriculum introduces students to financial management, money and capital markets, investments and derivative securities, and financial institutions. Students obtain the core knowledge they’ll need for entry-level positions in any area of financial management.
Management and Entrepreneurship
Customizable and immediately applicable, Management and Entrepreneurship students are team-oriented, horizontally organized and globally competitive. To ensure close alignment with their professional aspirations, this Area of Emphasis offers students four different tracks to choose from: Information Analytics, Leadership, Operations Management, Social Responsibility and Sustainability, Strategy and Entrepreneurship, and Talent Management.
Lead by a marketing faculty that is among the top 20 in the world, marketing students learn how to strategically influence business practices by identifying customer desires, developing products and services to meet those demands, establishing communications to promote products and services, and monitoring transactions and customer responses to guide future activities.
Students in the Real Estate Area of Emphasis explore the link between real estate and capital markets while developing real estate decision-making skills and analyzing opportunities.
Major and Certificates
Class and program offerings depend on which school you are affiliated with.
The Deming Center provides a variety of academic opportunities for Leeds School of Business students as well as students from across the University of Colorado Boulder campus. Opportunities include a major in Management and Entrepreneurship, certificate in Entrepreneurship, the Business Minor program and Global Experiences.
If you have questions about our entrepreneurial programs or program eligibility please email us at [email protected]
Strategy and Entrepreneurship Major:
We recently launched a new major in Strategy and Entrepreneurship.
Leeds School of Business Certificate in Entrepreneurship:
You can also complete a certificate in entrepreneurship. As one of the top entrepreneurial ecosystems in the world, the certificate program is a great way to learn and build a network within the entrepreneurial community!
- Complete 3 required entrepreneurship courses with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in these three courses: ESBM 3700 Entrepreneurial Environments, ESBM 4570 Entrepreneurial Finance and ESBM 4830 Business Plan Preparation.
- Complete an approved 60+ hour internship.
- Participate in the area’s entrepreneurial eco-system to better understand entrepreneurship (minimum of 8 events).
- Pass a written exam early in the semester you will graduate.
- Submit write-ups about each event and your internship experience (2-3 pages single spaced for internship paper and a paragraph per event).
Students who satisfactorily complete the requirements, internship, and pass the exam will be awarded the Certificate in Entrepreneurial Studies. This certificate is awarded to business majors only and it will appear on your transcript!
Business Minor & Entrepreneurship Certificate:
Non-business majors are able to engage in entrepreneurship by enrolling in the Leeds Business Minor and adding a certificate in Entrepreneurship. Please be aware that non-business majors must be enrolled in the Business Minor to pursue the Entrepreneurship Certificate.
- The Minor/Certificate combination is 15 credit hours.
- Students must apply for Business Minor admission before enrolling in the Certificate.
- Business Minor applications are accepted online and have a 10/15 deadline for the spring term and a 3/15 deadline for the fall term. Apply early for favorable admission.
- Program takes a minimum of three semesters to complete.
- Those pursuing the Entrepreneurship Certificate must enroll in the Business Minor Entrepreneurship track (BUSM 3030).
To apply for the Business Minor visit www.leeds.colorado.edu/minor.
Global Entrepreneurial Experiences:
The Deming Center is excited to grow global entrepreneurship opportunities for our students and community. We’ve learned that such opportunities lead to an even more successful path in entrepreneurship. In this regard, we offer the following experiences:
We help create and offer different global experiences via Global Entrepreneurship classes and Global Seminars.
We support our faculty with curriculum development and attend global conferences to support their research and teaching.
We offer our one-week intensive entrepreneurship bootcamp, Ideas2Action, that includes content around how to go global with your business.
If you are simply interested in browsing the available courses, refer to the table below or please contact us at [email protected].
|BUSM 2010/11||Marketing & Management|
|BUSM 2020/21||Finance & Accounting|
|BUSM 3030||Intro to Entrepreneurship|
|BUSM 4010||Business Plan Development|
|BADM 1260||Global Entrepreneurship and Emerging Markets|
|ESBM 3200||Principles of Business for Entrepreneurs|
|ESBM 3700||Entrepreneurial Environments|
|ESBM 4570||Entrepreneurial Finance|
|ESBM 4830||Business Plan Preparation|
|EMEN 4825||Engineering Business Plan Preparation|
|MBAX 6110||Entrepreneurial Finance|
|MBAX 6170||Business Plan Preperation|
|MBAX 6180||Start Up Execution|
|MBAX 6190||Projects in Entrepreneurial Companies|
|MBAX 6360||New Product Development|
|MBAX 6130||Sustainable Business Ventures|
|MBAX 6805||Entrepreneurship and the Venture Capital Process|
|MBAX 6140||Social Entrepreneurship for Emerging Markets|
|MBAX 6150||Venture Capital|
If you have questions about our enterpreneurial programs or program eligibility please email us at [email protected].
Leeds School Of Business Acceptance Rate
Admission to CU Boulder Graduate School will be considered once all material is received, including letters of reference. Deadlines vary by program type and materials are due on their respective date at 10pm MST. Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, or have done work equivalent to that required for such a degree.
Applicants must show promise of ability to pursue advanced study and research, as judged by the student’s scholastic record and have adequate preparation to enter graduate study in the chosen field. Applicants should have at least a 2.75 (2.00=C) undergraduate grade point average.
60 Application Fee – Domestic 80
Application Fee – International Yes Electronic
|Fall deadline||December 1st||December 1st||No|
Application Process at Leeds University Business School
- Application Portal: UCAS website
- Application Fee: UG– 20-25 GBP; PG– No fee
- Student Class Profile:
- IELTS score (not more than two years old) of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component skill.
- TOEFL iBT score of 87 overall with no less than 20 in listening, 22 in speaking, 20 in reading and 21 in writing
- PTE Academic at 60 overall with minimum of 59 in every component.
- The acceptance rate of the University of Leeds is 77% with 9000 international students.
- Supporting Documents:
- Proof of English Proficiency
- GMAT/ GRE Scores
- Financial Statement
- Letter of Recommendations (for PG)
Leeds University Business Cost of Attendance
The following are estimated costs and subject to variability. The costs of various requirements are taken into consideration with a 39 weeks plan. The stay for postgraduates is up to 42 weeks at least. The rent may also differ according to a student’s choice of accommodation.
|Requirements||Cost (in GBP)|
Leeds University Business School Scholarships
To be willing to study abroad, aspirants need to be rational about the expenses and try to grab the financial support available to international students in the UK. Leeds University Business School awards several scholarships at various levels of study. Scholarships are being given to the most talented students. Those students must excel academically and have personal achievements.
There are ten scholarships for International students. Out of which majority of scholarships (that is eight) are offered to Masters program students and two to the freshman.
Some of these scholarships are enlisted below:
- Masters International Excellence Scholarships: £6000 scholarship for deserving international applicants to many Master’s programs.
- The Dean’s Business School International Excellence Scholarships: An award of £3,000 towards the cost of the first year of study only. The deduction is done from the tuition fee.
- Masters in Accounting and Finance Scholarship in partnership with Chulalongkom University, Bangkok: Two-half fee scholarships awarded to students by Chulalongkom University who received an offer to study on many Masters’ programs.