Last Updated on May 18, 2022
The Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) Master of Science in Business Analysis (MSBA) program has a reputation for not only providing exceptional training for the most sought after positions in the business analysis industry – but boasts amazingly high acceptance rates.
infolearners.com will assist you with information on CMU MSBA Acceptance Rate, Overview on CMU MSBA Acceptance Rate, Review on CMU MSBA Acceptance Rate, Requirement on v and Ranking on CMU MSBA Acceptance Rate.
Overview of CMU MSBA Acceptance Rate
Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is one of the most renowned educational institutes in the US Education System that has been contributing to the betterment of the world since it was founded in 1900 by Andrew Carnegie. CMU is home to more than 14,500 students, 1,391 faculty and 109,900 Alumni members from all across the world.
One of the top-ranked universities in the field of computer science, Carnegie Mellon University offers a vast range of programs by seven different schools and colleges in which more than 90 programs are offered along with several other interdisciplinary courses for aspirants seeking to study in the USA.
The institute is also known for being one of only 25 universities invited to be a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global University Leaders Forum. It is the first U.S. school to award a degree in drama in 1914 and the first to have a university robotics department in 1979.
Carnegie Mellon University Rankings
- According to the U.S. News and World Report 2021, CMU ranks-
- National Universities: #26
- Best Undergraduate Teaching: #18
- The institute is honored at #28 by World University Rankings 2021.
- It stands at #20 as per the rankings survey of US College Rankings 2021.
- As per World Reputation Rankings 2020, the university is ranked at #36.
- QS Top Universities Rankings 2020 ranked Carnegie Mellon University as:
- QS Global World Ranking: #48
- QS WUR By Subject Ranking: #3 Computer Science and Information Systems
- Graduate Employment Rankings: #39
Carnegie Mellon University Top Programs
The university offers various undergraduate and graduate programs by 7 different Schools and Colleges.
|Name of Program||Fees Per Annum||Application Deadline|
|M.B.A||$70,000||October 4/january 10/March 2|
|M.Sc Computer Vision||$50,472||December 10|
|M.Sc Computer Science||$26,200||December 12|
|M.Sc Computational Data Science||$53,000||December 12|
|M.Sc Software Management||$75,150||January 20|
|Masters in Public Management||$48,500||July 1/November 1|
|M.Sc Mechanical Engineering||$48,500||December 15/January 15|
|M.Sc Software Engineering||$50,100||September 15/December 15|
|M.Sc Civil and Environmental Engineering||$50,100||December 10|
|B.Sc Statistics and Data Science||$57,560||November 1 (early)/January 4 (regular)|
|Bachelor of Computer Science and Arts||$54,244||November 1 (early)/January 4 (regular)|
|B.Sc Civil and Environmental Engineering||$54,244||November 1 (early)/January 4 (regular)|
|B.Sc Electrical and Computer Engineering||$54,244||November 1 (early)/January 4 (regular)|
|B.Sc Information Systems||$57,560||November 1 (early)/January 4 (regular)|
Apart from these regular courses, the university also offers some specialized courses for undergraduate students, they are also known as interdisciplinary programs- Bachelor of Humanities and Arts (BHA), Humanities Scholars Program (HSP) and Quantitative Social Science Program (QSSS). Also, the ICC special programs are offered by the university, especially for international students. These programs provide cross-cultural training and pre-matriculation training for such students.
Carnegie Mellon University Campus and Accommodation
- The university has many options for housing facilities, a total of 13 residence halls and 13 apartments are available- Boss House, Donner House, Clyde House, The Highlands and more.
- Also, if you don’t want to live on campus, then you can easily find rooms off-campus through the website of off-campus housing provided by the CMU.
- CMU is an urban campus and is spread over 140 acres. The campus provides great facilities for students including studios, labs, libraries, spacious classrooms, parking, transportation and other facilities.
Carnegie Mellon University Application Process
Students who want to pursue further education from this university must meet the requirements of the course they’re applying for.
How to apply?
Application Portal: Common Application
Application Fee: 75 USD
Basic Admission Requirements
- Official transcripts
- TOEFL: 7 or more
- IELTS: 102 or more
- Common application essay
- Minimum SAT scores required: 1430, or
- Minimum ACT scores required 32
- GRE or GMAT– there is no minimum score (graduate program)
- CV or Resume (graduate program)
- Bachelor’s degree in the related program (graduate program)
- Teacher recommendation
- Fine Arts applicants are required to arrange portfolio and creative material
Carnegie Mellon University Cost of Attendance
The distribution of expenses in the form of an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is as mentioned below.
|Expenses||On Campus (USD*)||Off Campus (USD*)|
|Tuition and Fees||58,924||58,924|
|Room and Board||15,550 (with the meal)||3,170|
|Books and supplies||2,400||2,400|
*Rates may vary from the residence type, room type, the number of residents, amenities within the room and the square footage of the space provided, also from year to year.
Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships
The university does not currently offer any kind of scholarship or Financial aid to international students studying undergraduate programs. If you want to attend this institution, you have to pay the full cost of attendance. Although, there are plenty of other scholarships to study in the USA that can make education more affordable for you.
Many departments give scholarships to students pursuing a graduate degree program. But you may have to contact the department for that, as the administration takes the scholarship application separately.
Carnegie Mellon University Alumni Network
The notable alumni of this university include famous actors, artists, mathematicians, pop singers, businessmen, scientists and etc. The names and accomplishments of a few of them are as follows:
- James Gosling: Father of Java
- Judith Resnik: Astronaut, 1970
- Joe Manganiello: American actor, director, and producer
- John L. Hall: Nobel prize in Physics (2005)
- Francisco D’Souza: CEO of Cognizant Technology Solutions
Some of the benefits offered to alumni members are:
- Discounts on auto, home, health, and life insurance
- Helps you in finding a job through the Career Center
- Stay connected with your fellow Tartans
- Be a part of campus and group events