Last Updated on August 28, 2023
You can retrieve information and relevant facts about Chicago State University from a website that is useful to students. You will find this website very useful for all persons seeking to get information and colleges and degrees alike. From the Chicago State University acceptance rate, to Chicago State University tuition and also Chicago State University ranking ,you can do no wrong in searching for the information you need on College learners .com.
Chicago State University tuition
Chicago State University is a public institution that was founded in 1867. It has a Urban setting, and the campus size is 161 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Chicago State University’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities Midwest, Tier 2. Its in-state tuition and fees are $10,252 (2016-17); out-of-state tuition and fees are $17,212 (2016-17).
Located in Chicago, Illinois, the CSU campus consists of numerous world-class buildings that are equipped with first-rate amenities. The Emil and Patricia A. Jones Convocation Center is a multi-purpose arena that can accommodate 7,000 people. The arena is used to host sports events, conferences, concerts, and other citywide events. The on-campus Jacoby Dickens Center features a gym with a seating capacity of 2,500, a fitness center, three swimming pools, eight locker rooms, a dance studio, three classrooms, and an auxiliary gymnasium. Also, the building houses the university’s athletic department and its department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER). The campus also has a huge library that has an automated retrieval and storage system. It also provides excellent housing and dining facilities.
CSU offers 56-degree programs in various fields of education including business, education, health science, pharmacy, arts, sciences, design, psychology, computer science, mathematics, social work, languages, engineering, communication, and philosophy. The university’s student population is very diverse including students from 20 Illinois countries, 38 U.S. states, and 12 countries across the world. The impressive student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1 makes the learning process even more efficient. It houses more than 80 student organizations. The institution’s placement cell strives to present the students with excellent employment opportunities. On average, a CSU graduate earns $44,000 annually. Well-reputed companies like Walgreens, AT&T and Advocate Health Care are regular recruiters of the university’s students
Chicago State University Rankings
The latest rankings of Chicago State University can be found in the table below:
- According to US News and World Reports 2021, CSU ranks
- #119-#156 in Regional Universities Midwest
- #141 on Top Performers on Social Mobility
- According to Niche.com 2021 rankings, CSU ranks
Chicago State University Acceptance Rate
|Admission Standards||Extremely Easy|
Sponsored by CollegeVine
How hard is it to get into CSU and can I get accepted? The school has a 63% acceptance rate ranking it #28 in Illinois for lowest rate of acceptance. Last year, 1,980 out of 3,126 applicants were admitted making CSU a moderately competitive school to get into with a strong chance of acceptance if you meet the requirements. Academically, it has extremely easy requirements for admission test scores, generally admitting students who score in the top 75 percent
Application Fee: 100 USD
Application Deadlines: Fall – May 1; Spring – September 1
Admission Requirements: The admission requirements for freshmen admissions to Chicago State University are given below:
- Official high school transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- ACT/ SAT scores
- Personal Essay
- 1 Letters of Recommendation from Teacher/Counselor
- Completed International Data Sheet
- Financial Certificate of Sponsorship in form of bank statement or the sponsor documents showcasing the availability of required funds.
- Copy of Passport
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: 100 USD
Application Deadlines: Fall – July 15; Spring – November 15; Summer – April 15
Admission Requirements: Graduate applicants must submit the following documents along with the application for admission:
- Academic transcripts of undergraduate degree and secondary education records.
- English Proficiency Testing Results
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL (iBT): 69
- Complete the online applicant background summary
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Financial statement
- Certificate of sponsorship
Chicago State University Tuition
- Programs offered at Chicago State University include undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degrees and post baccalaureate certificates.
- Some of the popular graduate programs offered by the university are Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT), Master of Fine Arts, Master of Occupational Therapy, Master of Public Health, Master of Social Work, and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- A weekend MBA program is specially designed for working professionals with concentrations in Finance, Management and Marketing.
- The College of Education at Chicago State offers 3 fully online graduate degrees in MSEd Physical Education, MS Library and Information Science and MS Technology and Performance Improvement Studies.
- Around 9 post-baccalaureate certificates are offered in Computer Security, Community Development, Health Information Administrator, Therapeutic Recreation, Security and Intelligence Studies, etc.
|Program||Tuition Fee (in USD)|
|MS Biological Sciences||11,602/ semester|
|MS in Computer Science||11,602/ semester|
|Master of Occupational Therapy||175/ credit|
|Master of Public Health||175/ credit|
|Master of Nursing||100/ credit|
The annual tuition and fees at Chicago State University are subject to change. Students are advised to contact the university regarding the total charges.
The table below shows the estimated tuition and fees that are to be paid by a student at the university.
|Program||Total tuition fee (in USD)||Total tuition and fees (in USD)|
|UG (12-15+ credits)||9,661||11,518|
|Graduate (1-11 credits)||7,517||8,777|
|Doctoral (12-15+ credits)||10,153||12,133|
|Pharmacy (12+ credits)||17,964||19,935|
Chicago State University Scholarships
- Chicago State University offers need-based and other scholarships mainly through FAFSA for which the students have to make an application.
- International students must be fully prepared to incur the expenses for studying in the U.S.
- The university does not provide any scholarships, loans, grants, fellowships or any financial aid to the international students.