Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Canada is constantly providing more courses and programs for international students in different domains. Psychology is being a vocational course that aims to study human behavior and the human mind concerning various situations is definitely in demand. To study abroad in Canada, international students can choose some of the best psychology universities in Canada to rank among the top 150 universities in the world as per QS Rankings, 2020.
Read more about 1 year diploma courses in canada for pr, cheap diploma courses in canada for international students, best pg diploma courses in canada, and cheap post graduate diploma courses in canada for international students.
Eligibility for a PG Diploma in Canada
- A Bachelor’s degree – A relevant bachelor’s or undergraduate degree from a recognized institute.
- Proficiency in the English language. …
- GMAT or GRE score for PG Diploma in Business Management, project management, etc.
- Some schools may even ask for a work experience of 3 or 4 years.
Which diploma course is best for Canada?
Top Job Oriented PG Diploma Courses in Canada
- Computer Science & Information technology.
- Accounting & Finance.
- Business Administration.
- Engineering – Aerospace, Electrical, Civil, Software.
- Engineering Management (Electrical, Construction, IT)
- Renewable Energy & Earth Sciences.
- Agricultural Science & Forestry.
What is the requirements for diploma courses in Canada?
Documents required for Diploma Courses in Canada
- A Valid Passport. Ideally, you should have a passport that is valid till about 6 months after your intended course completion date. …
- Academic Transcripts. You would need your marks/ result for all classes from Class 9 and upwards. …
- Proof of Funds. …
- Language Exams.
- In Canada, psychologists earn an average remuneration between 49,000 – 117,000 CAD yearly. Psychologists also earn an average bonus between 997 – 20,000 CAD and share profits of up to 7,000 CAD.
- As per reports of Job Bank Canada, between 2017-2026, there will be 16,500 new jobs for psychologists.
- Canada has international as well as country-specific scholarships available between 1,967 – 40,000 CAD for psychology students.
- As far as graduate employability is concerned, the University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, and the University of Alberta rank # 16, 25, and 87 globally. And Canada’s unemployment rate is also minimal, which is 5.60 percent only to date.
Psychology is not an outright professional course. It is a vocational education that requires extensive study and applying them in practical situations. It requires experience as well as higher academic qualifications to excel in this job role. There are various psychology courses in Canada for international students.
For an undergraduate in psychology from a decent college, the average remuneration is 49,000 – 54,000 CAD, whereas graduate students can earn up to 66,000 CAD. Doctorates often opt for practice, research, or teaching based roles in psychology.
There are many reputed psychology universities in Canada offering courses with a variety of degrees, along with their specializations. The various specializations are –
|Industrial & Organizational Psychology||Educational Psychology|
|Integrative Physiology||Clinical Neuropsychology|
|Clinical Psychology||Child Psychology|
|Forensic Psychology & Criminology||Cognitive Science of Language|
International students planning to study in Canada can enroll with the following levels of higher education available to study
- Undergraduate degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Kinesiology, and Bachelor Human Kinetics
- Postgraduate degrees: Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Education
- Doctorate: Doctor of Philosophy / Ph.D.
Psychology Universities in Canada: Undergraduate Courses
Six psychology universities in Canada feature in the top 200 list of universities in the world as per QS Subject-wise Rankings. The courses are generally of 1.3 – 4 years in duration and pave the path for postgraduate & Doctorate study in the future.
Four-year college education in psychology is applicable to various vocations. Psychology students, through their diverse training, gain various significant aptitudes, for example, the capacity to analyze issues and to think basically; the capacity to decipher and assess research, including measurements; a comprehension of the hereditary, organic, and social effects on conduct; and an affectability and attention to relational, formative, and social contrasts.
Numerous students study psychology as a first step towards a professional career. A degree in psychology is the astounding groundwork for an assortment of expert projects including law, medication, the board, social work, discourse pathology, audiology, advising, and instruction.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Psychology Courses in Canada
There are certain eligibility criteria to take admission to so the psychology universities in Canada. Along with that, some important documents are a requirement as well.
- To take admission in the undergraduate courses, international students will need 10+2 scores with at least 75 percent in humanities and science subjects.
- Apart from that, there are certain English Language requirements that you must fulfill; they are:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL – 100
- PTE – 65
- MELAB – 85
- SAT is not mandatory but may be a requirement in some Canadian colleges. If you score at least 35 in the SAT reading test, you can avail exemptions from TOEFL.
The documents required to study the psychology courses in Canada for international students are:
- 10+2 mark sheets and letters of 2-3 letters of recommendations from previous colleges
- You will need English Language Test scores.
- SAT scores, if required.
- You must provide one Statement of purpose.
- Resume with Passport sized photographs.
- Valid ID proofs and Passport are also essential documents.
Fees & Funding for Undergraduate Psychology Courses in Canada
The fees for study Bachelors from best psychology universities in Canada varies between 18,000 – 60,000 CAD. Apart from that, there is multiple scholarships for bachelor students in Canada and funding options to bear the course fees.