Last Updated on August 28, 2023
College students who are interested in business management degrees in Minnesota should look into Saint Mary’s University, completely online business degrees program. SMU’s business management degree is ideal for individuals who want to work in communication and editing, management consulting, or financial analysis.
CollegeLearners has reliable sources for finding reliable information about different topics. We have information about business degree Minnesota, undergraduate business school rankings, business school rankings Minnesota, colleges in Minnesota, and best engineering colleges in Minnesota.
Business Management Degree Minnesota
MINNEAPOLIS COMMUNITY & TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Business Management, A.A.S.
This award provides students with a broad background in the functional areas of business, such as accounting, management, marketing, leadership and small business development. The program will prepare a student to find entry-level employment in the field or help a more experienced student move towards a managerial position in a business, government, and/or nonprofit organization.
Business, A.S. Transfer Pathway
The Business Transfer Pathway offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Business bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities*.
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the 7 Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Minneapolis College’s Business Transfer Pathway will provide you with a broad background in the functional areas of business, such as accounting, management, marketing, leadership and small business development. You can either continue your studies or find entry-level employment in the field.
The accounting courses offered through the program will teach you to read and understand financial statements and prepare accounting statements for small to medium-sized organizations. In additional courses, you will learn oral and written business communication skills, the basic legal aspects of business, dispute resolution, marketing strategies, and how to evaluate an organization’s strengths and weaknesses. The program will prepare you to serve as a manager of a business or government and/or nonprofit organizations.
*This transfer pathway in Associate of Science in Business will transfer to the following majors:
- Bemidji State University: Business Administration, B.S.
- Metropolitan State University: Management, B.S. or Business Administration, B.S. or Entrepreneurship and Innovation, B.S. or Human Resource Management, B.S. or Finance, B.S. or Marketing, B.S. or Supply Chain and Operations, B.S. or International Business, B.S.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Management, B.S. or Finance, B.S. or Marketing, B.S. or International Business, B.S.
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Business Administration, B.S.
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Management, B.S.
- St. Cloud State University: Management, B.S.
- Winona State University: Business Administration, B.S.
This is a 19 credit award that can be completed in two semesters. Students gain a broad background in the functional areas of business such as accounting, management, marketing and finance. Courses cover financial statement interpretation, management strategies, oral and written business communication skills, the legal aspects of business and marketing strategies. Students may pursue an associate’s degree and a certificate in banking and finance.
- Learn from real-world expertise. Instructors with business and industry experience lead classes and cover the various program areas.
- Get ready for the business world. Students gain invaluable knowledge and skills that they can apply in the workplace or toward continued study in business.
- Flexible schedules and formats. Most courses are offered during the day and at night. Some courses are offered online, providing convenient scheduling options for students.
- This program is powered by partnerships. Working with business partners, advisory committees, and the Minneapolis College Career Services, all of the Business Management awards have had input from industry professionals.
AWARD REQUIREMENTS AND COURSE DESCRIPTIONS & OUTLINES
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
- Business Management, A.A.S. Degree—60 credits
- Business, A.S. Transfer Pathway—60 credits
- Entrepreneurship Certificate—19 credits
- Course Descriptions & Outlines
- Transfer Agreements
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Utilize team building and project management skills.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit that leads to success of real life business creation.
- Analyze organizational strengths and weaknesses that demonstrates the competitive environment when launching a new company, product, or service.
- Communicate ethically and effectively to maximize productivity, profitability and motivation.
- Apply the planning, leading, organizing and controlling functions of a business.
- Develop a professional marketing plan that involves the launch of a new product or service that benefits society.