Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Braunschweig University of technology the old town with St. Matthias church, the cathedral, baroque castle and palace, historic half-timbered houses, narrow store fronts and hidden gardens creates a unique ambience. the most important sights are within easy walking distance of each other. furthermore, the university is located only a few hundred metres from the attractive old town with its medieval architecture as well as shops and restaurants
Braunschweig University of Technology is a Technical University for Applied Sciences with a broad spectrum of disciplines and renowned research traditions. At the same time we are a university at heart – not only for all the people who work here, but also in our relations to society and the world at large. Their professors and students encounter one another on an equal footing and give each other personal support.
Collegelearners is replete with top-notch information on TU Braunschweig acceptance rate, Technical University of Braunschweig mechanical engineering, TU Braunschweig computational sciences in engineering, and so much more. Take out time to visit our catalog for more information on related topics.
TU braunschweig review
The university offers 75 programs at bachelors and masters level. The university has research collaboration with universities from 60 countries and has a global reputation for its high research output. The university has the affiliation of TU9, a society of the largest German institutions of technology. There are four major research areas at the university, namely: Future City, Metrology, Mobility, and Infection & Therapeutics. The main aim of the university is to impart technical education and research through good quality mentorship.
The BA programme in Business Administration at TU Braunschweig is a professional undergraduate study program with a technical orientation. You learn how to apply professional knowledge and skills for understanding current business situations and for finding solutions to future challenges.
To apply as a doctoral student at TU Braunschweig you need a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a recognized university with an overall grade average of at least 2.5 and in the last half of your bachelor’s or master’s study years not less than 10 points in each semester.
technical university of braunschweig ranking
- The Times higher education (THE) world university ranking 2020 has placed the university 601-800th rank category worldwide and 151-200th rank category in European Teaching Rankings 2019.
- CWUR world university rankings 2018-2019 has ranked Technical University Braunschweig – World rank: 583 and National rank: 44
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and graduate – masters & doctoral|
|Annual Budget||335 Million EUR|
|International student population||2957 (15%)|
|Academic calendar||Semester (Winter and Summer)|
- The university has six faculties offering 75 programs in total. These faculties are:
- Life Sciences
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities & studies in education.
- Each faculty has numerous institutes for teaching and research.
- Technical University’s campus at Braunschweig has a central university library, Sports centre, Company canteen, Cafeteria, language labs and cafeterias in the campus.
- It is not uncommon for international students to find it hard to find on-campus accommodation as they are limited in German Universities.
- There is plenty of affordable accommodation while studying in Germany in case the students fail to secure a place in the residential dorms of the university.
- The StudentWerk at TU has seven halls of residence having 1,800 single rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom to individual apartments.
- Electricity, water, telephone, internet facilities are provided in these halls.
- Private accommodations in the form of private apartments and shared apartments are also available in the Braunschweig city nearby campus.
- The university website provides information such as vacancies, contact information and location of these private accommodation facilities.
- The six faculties at the Technical University Braunschweig offer 75+ programs in bachelors, master, doctorate and staatsexamen.
- University offers bachelor programs such as Bachelor in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bio & chemistry, pharmacy, biology etc. Master degree is offered in architecture, engineering, arts and social sciences.
- The university offers all courses in German language except International Computer science engineering course which is offered in English as well as German language.
tU braunschweig application portal
Applications for getting admissions at Braunschweig Technical University are online. Applicants should first complete an online application form and take out the print of the form. Assessment fee should be paid and receipt should be enclosed with other documents. Then the signed form along with all other documents must be uploaded on the application portal. Depending upon the country, some entrance exam for bachelor degree applicants is required.
Application form: Official Website
Application fee: 70 EUR
|Semester||Start date||Last date|
|Winter||1 June||15 July|
|Summer||1 December||15 January|
Documents and eligibility:
- Printed and signed online Application – Antrag and Zulassung
- Certified and translated copy of high school/college certificates
- Application fee payment receipt
- Certified and translated copy of entrance exam results (if applicable)
- Additional course wise requirements
- German language proficiency:
|TestDaF||4 points in each section|
|Goethe Institute certificate||C2|
|Telc Deutsch Hochschule||C1 level|
tU braunschweig language requirements
- English language proficiency for courses offered in English/International courses:
|Test type||Minimum score|
|DAAD language certificate or equivalent||3Xb2 and 1xC1 or higher|
tU braunschweig fees
Cost of Attendance
- Tuition fee is not applicable for international students.
- Semester contribution fee:
|Student support services||EUR 104.00|
|Student body contribution + semester ticket||EUR 179.77|
|Administrative fee||EUR 75.00|
- Monthly average flat/room rental prices per month in Braunschweig
|StudentWerk residence halls||EUR 250-500|
|Private apartment||EUR 350-500|
|Shared apartment||EUR 250-350|
- Average Monthly expenses are tabulated below:
|Accommodation (Average)||EUR 300|
|Study materials||EUR 50|
|Leisure, sports, travel||EUR 100|
Financial aid for International Students
- It is recommended that international students seek funding to study in Germany from their own home countries as funds are limited at the institute itself.
- International students can apply for a scholarship through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- It contains databases of various scholarship offering organisations which provide these financial supports to international students.
- In addition to above aids, students may take up part-time jobs provided by university & available in the campus itself or in the city to finance their studies. Many companies offer jobs which students can manage with studies. For working in Germany, tax-card and other documents are required.
- The university has a strong alumni connection with start-up groups and networks such as Braunschweig start-up network and the technology transfer office start-up network.
- There are numerous alumni associations in each faculty.
- Some famous people who studies at the university:
- Dr. Bernhard Bloemer
- Dr.-Ing. Stefan Lender
- Dr.-Ing. Julia Bierbaum
- The university holds a job market where students can apply as professors and other non-teaching staff in the university itself.
- Job-fair is organised in the university both on-campus and online for student job placement where numerous international as well as local companies offer jobs.
- International students do not have unlimited permission to work in Germany after finishing studies. Extra permission is required from the government for working for a longer time.