Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Accounting is a strategic function in all organisations and a Bachelor of Accounting is much more than just numbers. You’ll learn to apply accounting practices and make strategic decisions about an organisation’s financial and non-financial situation, fundamentally driving success.
If you don’t meet the requirements for direct entry, consider these Pathway options.2021 International entry requirements:
- Minimum Age
- Additional requirements
English entry requirements (Level A)6.5Overall score for IELTS (Academic), with minimum band scores: Listening 6.0, Reading 6.0, Writing 6.0 and Speaking 6.0Equivalent approved English proficiency test scores.
Accounting – B2029
Accounting plays a critical role in society and provides a strategic function in all organisations. It’s an integral part of any business, and spreads across different organisational functions – from finance and HR to senior management and marketing.
In a Bachelor of Accounting you’ll discover what makes accounting so vital to business success, and why it’s more than just a numbers game.Show more
At a glance
|Location||On-campus at Caulfield: Full time|
|Duration||3 years (full time)|
|Start date||First semester (February), Second Semester (July)|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Accounting|
This degree will give you a solid technical skill set across key areas such as information systems, corporate finance, auditing and assurance, financial reporting and data analysis. You’ll learn to interpret data and develop insights that will help organisations effectively allocate resources and make better business decisions.
Depending on your electives, this degree could prepare you to meet the accounting accreditation requirements of:
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- The Institute of Public Accountants
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
“The Bachelor of Accounting at Monash has given me the fundamentals of business and helped me launch myself into the business world.” – Chiu Wei Ho (Bachelor of Accounting)
Bachelor of Accounting with Honours (Accredited by CPA Australia)
(R3/344/6/0040 (A5885) 03/27)
Bachelor of Accounting with Honours (BAC) aims to produce knowledgeable, analytical and competent accounting graduates to fulfil the country’s growing need of accounting profession.
This programme is designed to achieve the following Programme Education Objectives (PEO):
- To produce competent graduates with comprehensive knowledge and skills in accounting and other relevant disciplines which can be applied in accounting environment.
- To produce competent graduates who are able to respond ethically and professionally in their working environment and society.
- To produce competent graduates who are able to think critically, communicate, lead and collaborate in teams when executing their accounting duties.
- To produce competent graduates with diverse career opportunities and the ability to adapt to the dynamic changes in the business environment as well as to pursue lifelong learning.
The programme is designed to fulfil the country’s need for professionals in accounting. In designing the programme, due consideration is given to ensuring that potential graduates are well equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet the challenging work environment.
Learners are required to complete a total of 134 credit hours of prescribed studies in order to graduate. The programme structure covers five main areas:
- accounting, finance and related knowledge
- organisational and business knowledge
- information technology
- communication skills, industrial exposure and integrated case study, and
- non-accounting knowledge taken through elective courses
*This programme is not available for International intake
Liana Binti Mohamad
Tel (Office) :
|Malaysian Learner Fees|
|Year 1Year 2Year 3Year 4Year 5Sem 1RM2,016RM1,792RM2,016RM2,016RM2,016Sem 2RM2,016RM1,792RM2,016RM2,016RM2,016Sem 3RM1,792RM2,016RM2,016RM2,016RM2,464TotalRM 30,016Notes:|
1 – Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
2 – Processing fee: RM30Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior CitizensThe University offers 50% discount for:
1. Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
2. Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
The discounts are not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
Financial options:Payment Mode:EPF (Account 2); orJomPAYEducation or Personal Loan from commercial banks; orInternet BankingHRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); orDebit/Credit Card.
|International Learner Fees|
|*This programme is not available for International intake|
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
**LATEST UPDATE: 25 February 2021
With 2700 scholarships on offer, find out which you could be eligible for!