Last Updated on August 9, 2021
If you need information on Bachelor of Gender Studies and Diversity, then you’ve come to the right place. You’ll see information ranging from gender studies jobs to gender studies salary, why is gender studies a thing, gender studies salary, what is gender studies good for and so much more. The Collegelearners website is a unique, comprehensive reference work that brings together the core knowledge from every one of the many specialities encompassed from individual colleges. And this information can be found at Collegelearners.
Apply for a bachelor of gender studies and diversity from a top-rated German University and get training that will transform your perspectives of the world. The gender studies degree is a perfect choice for students who wish to lead and manage the diversity that will continue to exist in future.
The Gender and Diversity Bachelor programme has an explicitly practical orientation and qualifies graduates for careers in the following areas:
- gender equality, promotion of women, anti-violence training
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersexual equality (LGBTI work)
- integration of immigrants, work with ethnic minorities, anti-racism activities
- disability and social inclusion, work with people with disabilities
- child and adult education
- HR management / HR development
- diversity management
- further education and work in media and public relations (PR) fields focusing on gender and diversity issues
Opportunities for employment can be found in public and private organisations, educational institutions, NGOs and development agencies, trade unions, non-profit organisations, political parties, research institutions (particularly with a focus on applied empirical research), consulting firms, or community services.
This bachelor of gender studies degree is taught in English, and with its strong international focus, graduates are able to tackle local and global issues of equal opportunity. This enables them to pursue the career paths described above, both internationally and in Germany. This programme also qualifies graduates for continued studies in a Master’s programme in Germany or abroad.
Admission Requirement For The Bachelor of Gender Studies and Diversity
High School certificate for EU Citizens
GCE A’Levels or One Year University Studies for NON-EU Applicants
The required documents:
- Printed and signed online application form
- Copies of school learning certificates with grades from the 10th school year upwards. These must be translated into German or English and attested by the German embassy/ consulate in the home country.
- Language certificates
- CV with photo
- Copy of passport or national ID card
- If necessary, proof of previous studies and results
There are no tuition fees for this degree program.
About The Bachelor of Gender Studies and Diversity Degree
- Globalisation is a highly influential force that is not just advancing the interrelatedness between nation states, but also redefining organisations, institutions, and the everyday lives of millions of individuals. In professional contexts, this manifests itself as higher mobility requirements for employees, for example. In fact, mobility and intercultural experience are fast becoming must-have strategies for professional careers. Societies themselves are changing, too, as they find themselves increasingly characterised by their levels of diversity and heterogeneous ways of living.
- This raises the question for social, political and economic actors of how they can best deal with growing diversity and the challenges it brings. The Gender and Diversity Bachelor’s programme delves into questions related to these developments by examining the processes behind these new trends. As a student, you’ll acquire the fundamental knowledge and methods needed for their analysis. Moreover, you’ll obtain profound theoretical and practical knowledge of the instruments of equal opportunities and diversity management, as well as acquire specific competencies crucial for tackling the emerging challenges facing organisations, institutions, and companies. This requires prolonged study and a profound understanding of the key concepts of “gender” and “diversity”.
Gender – the construction of gender and gender relations – is a central mechanism for the production and reproduction of social realities. This is significant for various societal contexts. Diversity refers to different forms of living together and, beyond that, to belonging to different social groups, whether based on age, biological sex, citizenship, heritage, religion, sexuality, colour of skin, or disability.
- In total, the standard period of study comprises seven semesters. Students gain a sound understanding of scientific approaches for analysing gender and diversity within society and within organisations. Moreover, instruments of equal opportunity and diversity management are an essential component of the study programme. During the first three semesters, students are introduced to basics of social sciences as well as economics. In the fourth and fifth semesters, knowledge is deepened and a specialisation may be chosen from the elective subjects. This enables students to already determine and prepare an aspired field of activity for their professional career at this early stage of their studies. In the sixth semester, students undertake an internship or a semester abroad. In the final semester, the Bachelor’s thesis is developed and written.
As a study programme offered at a university of applied sciences, the BA in Gender and Diversity supports students in writing their Bachelor’s thesis in cooperation with organisations and businesses.