assiniboine community college courses for international students

Last Updated on August 28, 2023

Assiniboine Community College is a public post-secondary institution located in the Canadian province of Manitoba. I went to the University of Manitoba, a great place to study in Canada. I don’t want to do that again. They have very strict and demanding rules with regards to international students living on campus, even though there are some benefits. So I am now taking ACC courses through Open Learning Initiative Manitoba (OLIM) and love it!

Available Programs for International Students

We are currently accepting applications from international students in the following full-time programs listed in the tables below. Please note, some of the programs listed below could have a waitlist for their next intake date.

Refer to the program page linked in the table below for more details about that specific program, including estimated tuition and admission requirements. Advanced diploma programs have a minimum admission requirement of a two-year diploma or university degree.

Assiniboine Community College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI #O19201282282) recognized by the Government of Canada. Assiniboine campuses in Brandon, Winnipeg and Dauphin are all part of this DLI.

Do you need to increase your English language proficiency?

We offer an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program designed for you to improve your english language abilities and prepare for success in one of our full-time college programs.

Learn more

Program Start Dates

Program start dates are indicated by a ✔ in the tables below, meaning the program is open for you to apply to as an international student. Please note, some of the programs listed below could have a waitlist for their next intake date.


ProgramLocationProgram Start DateLength
Jan 2022May 2022Sept 2022
AccountingBrandon8 months
Accounting with Co-opBrandon (with rural co-op placements)11 months
Brandon8 months
FinanceBrandon8 months
Geographic Information SystemsBrandon8 months
Human Resource ManagementBrandon8 months
MarketingBrandon8 months
Public SafetyBrandon✔ (starts August 2022)9 months
Sustainable Food SystemsBrandon8 months


*An asterisks denotes programs that have an optional certificate exit after one year of study.

ProgramLocationProgram Start DateLength
Jan 2022May 2022Sept 2022
AgribusinessBrandon2 years
Business AdministrationBrandon2 years
Civil Technology (next intake Nov 2022)Brandon2 years
Communications Engineering Technology*Brandon2 years
Culinary Arts*Brandon2 years
Digital Art and DesignBrandon2 years
Early Childhood EducationBrandon2 years
Hotel and Restaurant Management*Brandon2 years
Land and Water ManagementBrandon2 years
Legal AdministrationBrandon2 years
Media and CommunicationsBrandon2 years
Medical AdministrationBrandon2 years
Medical AdministrationDauphin2 years
Network Administration TechnologyBrandon2 years
Office ManagementBrandon2 years
Office ManagementDauphin2 years
Social Service WorkerBrandon2 years
Social Service WorkerDauphin2 years
Web and Interactive DevelopmentBrandon2 years


ProgramLocationProgram Start DateLength
Jan 2022May 2022Sept 2022Nov 2022
Baking Foundations (cohort)Brandon13 months
Baking Foundations (cohort)Winnipeg✔ (starts in late October)13 months
Carpentry & WoodworkingBrandon9 months
Comprehensive Health Care Aide – International (cohort)Brandon9 months
Comprehensive Health Care Aide – International (cohort)WinnipegCurrently Closed9 months
Civil TechnicianBrandon12 months
Food Processing (cohort)Brandon11 months
Heavy Equipment TechnicianBrandon9 months
Horticultural ProductionBrandon9 months
Industrial Metals FabricationBrandon11 months
Office SkillsBrandon8 months
Office SkillsDauphin8 months
Piping TradesBrandon9 months


Our post-secondary college programs require an equivalent of a Manitoba Grade 12 high school diploma. Most programs also require the equivalent of Manitoba Grade 12 Mathematics and/or Language Arts. Some have a minimum grade requirement as well. Please check each program’s Admissions Requirements. Please note, a “40S” in Manitoba means the 12th year of schooling; in many countries, this is called “senior” or “higher” secondary level.

English Language Proficiency

If your English level does not meet our English language proficiency requirement, you can apply to our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program and a college program to follow. We begin 14-week EAP sessions in January, May and September each year. Note: many college programs have only one intake each year; you are welcome to contact us at [email protected] to ask about program intake dates before you apply to EAP.

There are pathways to further your education or receive transfer credits for past studies. Please see Careers and Connections on each of the program’s web pages for more information about agreements.

assiniboine community college tuition fees for international students

Fees for international students are different than those for domestic students. Ensure you are looking at the correct fees on the program pages, as both prices for international and domestic students are listed. We provide estimated fees, and these are subject to change.

All fees are estimated and subject to change without notice and that fees increase annually on July 1st.

If you have questions related to fees, please email [email protected] and state which program(s) you are asking about.

Many students consider working while studying. However, we strongly encourage you to allow at least one month in your college program so you understand the workload before making decisions about working. Most college program schedules will be full days (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) Monday to Friday, plus study and homework time. Some college programs will also have evening or weekend commitments.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will allow a study permit holder to work for a maximum of 20 hours a week if the student maintains full-time student status.

View information about financial aid for international students.

Living costs

IRCC requires a single student to have adequate funds for a twelve-month period plus the cost of tuition (see chart) to be eligible for a study permit to come to Canada. The tuition figure used will be the cost of first-year tuition (not including textbooks). This is a realistic estimate of the amount needed to live while in Canada.

A typical monthly budget for a single student is:

  • Rent and utilities: $800 to $1000
  • Food: $250 to $350
  • Transportation: $30 to $300 (depending on the city, and whether you use a car)
  • Miscellaneous expenses: $100
  • Furniture: Variable
  • Recreation: Variable

Students coming from most countries will also need to purchase clothing suitable for Manitoba winters. Insulated jackets/coats, sweaters or fleece, mittens, hats and boots will be required. Budget $300 to $500 if you are buying everything new.


We are happy to announce that we will offer for primary health care (doctor/hospital) and Student VIP for extended health care (dental/vision/prescriptions). All International students will be required to purchase this health insurance as a condition of attending Assiniboine. The cost of the insurance premiums will be $952.50 for a full year of insurance for a single student. The college will invoice you for these premiums and send the funds to the insurance company on your behalf. This cost will be payable before the first day of college.

It is required by law to have a driver’s license and Manitoba Public Insurance (also called “Autopac”) in order to use a vehicle. We also recommend tenants’ insurance for your belongings. Look under “Insurance” in the Yellow Pages to find an insurance broker that can help you with your insurance needs.

About the author

Study on Scholarship Today -- Check your eligibility for up to 100% scholarship.