Last Updated on May 23, 2022
The Art Center College of Design, located in Pasadena, California, is a private, independent liberal arts institution with about 2,800 undergraduate and graduate students. The college was founded in 1930 as the Art Center School by Lillian Genth and her husband, Frederick F. “Dad” Genth; the school was originally located in Los Angeles but moved to Pasadena in 1933.
The school offers an accredited Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in over 20 majors and minors; there is no general education track required. Students can also earn a Master of Fine Arts degree or an MBA through their program.
The internet is filled with tons of information, some are right, some are wrong. Fortunately, the one below is the latest and best information you could possibly get on Art center acceptance rate.
You will also find related topics art center tuition, art center college of design ranking, art center gpa requirement on infolearners.
Also Read: Art Center Acceptance Rate, art center acceptance rate 2022, is art center college of design worth it, artcenter college of design application deadline, art center animation acceptance rate, art center login, risd acceptance rate, art center accepted portfolio.
Art Center Acceptance Rate
ArtCenter College of Design offers admission to around 2,250 students annually. For the fall semester in 2018, total 2008 undergraduate and 241 graduate students were enrolled. With an acceptance rate of 70 %, the college offers undergraduate, graduate and dual degree programs. The total student population comprises 38% international students from 40 countries.
The college offers 11 undergraduate and 7 graduate degree programs. Some of the popular areas of study offered by this reputed institute of the US Education System are advertising, entertainment design, environmental design, film, fine arts, graphic design, product design, transportation design, industrial design, photography and imaging, interaction design.
Following points must be considered before seeking admission to the ArtCenter College of Design:
- Undergraduate students can apply in the fall, spring, and summer semester by submitting a completed application. Graduate applications are only accepted in the fall only.
- The College follows a rolling admission policy.
- Students can either submit the application online or can directly mail it to the college’s admission office.
- International students are always advised to apply at least 2 months prior to the commencement of the academic year.
- The admission review process is primarily based on the applicant’s portfolio.
- The college provides financial aid to international students in the form of grants and scholarships.
- 70% of the students who indicated financial need were provided aid in the year 2018.
- Each student received an average scholarship of 5943 USD.
- After successfully completing the application form, the applicant must keep track of the application status.
- In view of the Covid-19 situation all the campus events and activities on both campuses have been cancelled until further notice.
- Spring 2020 classes are now being conducted in remote format and distance learning models.
Art center gpa requirement
|Application portal||Online and offline|
|Application fee||70 USD|
|Retention rate (fall 2017)||83%|
|Graduation rate (fall 2012)||72%|
|Intake season for undergraduates||Fall, spring, summer|
|Intake season for graduates||Fall|
|SAT/ ACT scores||Recommended|
|Average SAT Verbal/ Math||598/ 618|
|Financial aids||Grants and scholarships|
Art Center College of Design is a selective College and had acceptance rate of 59% for under graduation and 41% for post-graduation in fall 2019. In the same year 40% students that were accepted in the college were international student.
ArtCenter is an above-average private college located in Pasadena, California in the Los Angeles Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,731 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the ArtCenter acceptance rate is 71%. Popular majors include Illustration, Engineering Technician, and Automotive Engineering Technician. Graduating 69% of students, ArtCenter alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $40,300.
Art center tuition
Average annual costBefore aid$68,954After aid$43,010Aid includes grants and scholarships from the institution, state and federal governmentSource: US Dept of Education (IPEDS) · Find out moreCost by household income
|Household income||Average cost after aid|
|Less than $30,000||$36,451|
|More than $110,001||$52,080|
Art Design Admissions
Acceptance Rate71%Application DeadlineDeadline for application submissions. Please contact the school for more details.Rolling AdmissionsSAT RangeNo data available —ACT RangeNo data available —Application Fee$50SAT/ACTNeither required nor recommendedHigh School GPARecommendedEarly Decision/Early ActionNoApplication Websiteartcenter.edu/apply.html
It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,793 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the ArtCenter acceptance rate is 71%. Popular majors include Illustration, Graphic Design, and Engineering Technician.
Art center college of design ranking
This college has been claimed by the college or a college representative.#22 in Best Colleges for Design in America
- 4 Year
- Pasadena, CA
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 321 reviews
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- Best Colleges for Design in America22 of 405
- Best Colleges for Art in America33 of 734
- Best Colleges for Film and Photography in America35 of 258
Most Popular Majors
- Illustration168 Graduates
- Engineering Technician61 Graduates
- Automotive Engineering Technician51 Graduates
Online Programs OfferedTotal number of complete undergraduate programs offered online or through distance learning.0Offers Online CoursesCollege offers distance education courses.YesOnline Certificate ProgramsTotal number of certificate degree programs offered online or through distance education.0Online Associates ProgramsTotal number of associate degree programs offered online or through distance education.0Online Bachelor’s ProgramsTotal number of bachelor’s degree programs offered online or through distance education.
- Mix of Online and on Campus4%
- On Campus96%
Full-Time Enrollment1,731 UndergradsPart-Time Undergrads277Undergrads Over 2526%Pell Grant23%Varsity AthletesNo data available —POLLWhat one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?Based on 19 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation$53,600 / yearNational$33,028Graduation Rate69%National49%Employed 2 Years After Graduation87%National83%94%of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 16 responses
International applicants are always advised to apply at least 2 months prior to the commencement of various classes. ArtCenter College of Design admits students on a rolling basis. But the college has provided some priority deadlines for potential applicants. These deadlines are mentioned below:
International Student Admissions
Application Portal: Applicants can either submit the application online or can directly mail it to the college’s admission office.
Application Fee: 70 USD
Basic Admission Requirements:
- A completed application.
- Transcripts of high school and secondary education along with the transcripts of any other college or university attended.
- SAT/ACT score is recommended.
- Applicants with a native language other than English are required to provide evidence for English proficiency.
- Letters of recommendation to study in US
- A portfolio
- A professional resume
- Statement of purpose for US,
- An applicant must provide a financial statement including the bank statement verifying resources to pay for a total one year expense in the United States.
English Proficiency Test Scores
For applicants with a native language other than English, it is mandatory to provide evidence for English proficiency. ArtCenter College of Design accepts various test scores as evidence for English proficiency. The minimum requirements of these test scores are given below:
|Test||Undergraduate requirement||Graduate requirement|
|Duo lingo English test||105||120|
Visa Process for International Students
- Applicants who seek an international degree in the U.S. will be issued an F-1 student visa. The first step is applying to ArtCenter College of Design.
- Applicants for a visa to study in the U.S. are required to apply at the U.S. embassy at their place of permanent residence.
- Students must apply for a visa as early as possible. This provides ample time for visa processing.
- The following documents are required for applying for a student visa.
- Financial support document
- I-20 form
- Once done with all the formalities, schedule and attend the visa interview.
Additional information for international student
- Application fees can be waivered, for such benefit applicants must provide a letter from their teacher or counselor.
- If the official transcription of the applicant is in any other language than English then they will have to provide a transcription in original form as well as in translated forms. Documents must be translated in English a translating agency, official translator or World Education Services (WES).
- SAT/ACT is optional since spring 2019, but if the applicant has given the test and has a scorecard then they can submit it with their application.
- Portfolio is considered most important aspect in the application. Applicants will have to submit a video, audio or essay displaying their talent. Every programme requires a different type of portfolio. Make sure you check major portfolio requirements.
ArtCenter College of Design Undergraduate Admissions
The College offers 11 undergraduate degrees related to advertising, film, graphic designing, photography and imaging etc. Students may or may not submit SAT/ ACT scores. The portfolio submitted by applicants is the most important document required for admission.
Where to apply: Applicants can either submit the application online or can directly mail it to the college’s admission office.
Application fee: 70 USD
- A completed application.
- Official transcripts of all secondary and post-secondary education. Average high school GPA = 3.31
- SAT/ACT scores are recommended.
- Proof of English proficiency through scores of standardized exams required to study in the U.S.
- Portfolio requirements differ from major to major.
- Applicants are required to submit a video or audio essay* as well.
*Portfolio video/audio essay required for admission must include answers to some questions related to one of the student’s pieces of work. It must not exceed 2 minutes duration and should be uploaded to Slideroom with the rest of the portfolio. These questions are as follows:
- Why did you choose to create this piece of work?
- How did you go about with the making of the piece?
- What aspects of the design satisfied your intentions?
- What, if anything, would you change about the piece?
ArtCenter College of Design Graduate Admissions
While academic requirements vary from course to course, there are some specific academic requirements for some graduate programs offered by ArtCenter College of Design for aspirants seeking to study in the USA. Students can submit applications for the fall semester only. Applicants are expected to demonstrate an average GPA of 3.25 in prior college education. Details of admission requirements for some programs offered by the College are mentioned below:
|Requirements||Graduate film||Graduate graphic design||Industrial design||MFA in Art||Graduate environmental science|
|Application fee||70 USD||70 USD||70 USD||70 USD||70 USD|
|Personal statement/Personal essay||Required||Required||Required||Required||Required|
|Letter of recommendation||Not required||Required||Not required||Required||Not required|
The admission at ArtCenter College of Design is selective with an acceptance rate of 70%. The College puts efforts at imparting exceptional academic curriculum and creative knowledge to the students. The most important among all the application material submitted is the portfolio. Thus it must be altered according to the need of the program applied for.
Applicants are always recommended to submit their applications 3 months prior to the course start date. It may take up to 3 to 4 weeks for the successful processing of application and arrival of decision. Students are notified about the admission decision via post or email.