You’ll be glad to know that you’re in high standing with us. In fact, our acceptance rate is above the national average of other Canadian Universities. Applying to Capilano University has never been easier and this is one reason why. Once you have made your application and paid your application fees, CAI will notify you of your admission status either of acceptance or denial by email. We will notify applicants who have been accepted by letter postmarked within two weeks after the application deadline date. Get more information regarding Capilano University Acceptance Rate, capilano university admission requirements ,capilano university tuition fees for international students, capilano university application deadline 2021, capilano university application deadline for international students, capilano university courses and fees, capilano university ielts requirement & capilano university courses for international students
Want to know more about Capilano University courses for international students? Or looking for more report about Capilano University admission requirements for international students? Just keep reading to get more of the reports you are interested in.
Capilano University Overview
Capilano University is a public University in Canada. It was named after the ocean tug, T.T. Buckner, operated by Captain Joseph C. McLean of Comox. The various uses of Capilano include being an explorer ship, then an ocean fishing tug that was ultimately transformed into a passenger tug vessel in the 1930s.
Capilano University is a public university, located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It was founded in 1968. The university is recognized by British Columbia Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designation which is Canada’s first and only provincial brand of quality for post-secondary education.
Capilano University also provides financial aid through various resources including scholarships, bursaries, loans, and grants, etc. CapU announces a new $30000 grant from Atomic Cartoons to support students in University’s animation programs. The financial awards benefit CapU students pursuing careers in B.C’s booming creative economy.
Capilano University’s main campus is located in Vancouver, BC. The main campus is surrounded by lush forests and fresh mountain air. Campuses are located on the ancestral territory of the Lil’wat, Musqueam, Sechelt Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh nations. The university is known for its beautiful campuses. CapU has three beautiful campuses which are :
- Main Campus, North Vancouver, BC
- Sunshine Coast Campus, Sechelt
- CapU Lonsdale, North Sore
Capilano University Acceptance Rate
Capilano University offers a range of programs and study options including philosophy, physics, English or unique fields of study like outdoor recreational management, jazz studies or motion picture arts. The University enrolls around 12,000 students every year at an average acceptance rate of 23%. Various types of academic as well as need based scholarships at Capilano University, are available for the students enrolled. The university is currently providing applicants with Emergency Assistance Funding who have experienced financial hardship during times of Covid-19.
Capilano University Student Enrollment:
Capilano University enrolls approximately 11,600 students each year. Capilano University is educating students from all around the world.
|International Students from 80 from countries||More than 2500|
|Enrollment of the students each year||Approximately 11600|
|Credit Programs Students||8300|
|Non-Credit Courses Students||3300|
capilano university Rankings
Capilano University is ranked:
- 61st in country rankings by UniRank
- 2385th in world rankings by UniRank
- 315th in country rankings by Webometrics
- 5488th in world rankings by Webometrics
Highlights For Capilano University
|Type of university||Public|
|Number of Faculty members||639|
|Number of Full time Enrollment||2,904|
|Number of Part time Enrollment||4,671|
|Annual Acceptance Rate||23%|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Undergraduate International Students||CAD 572.00 per credi|
capilano university courses for international students
|2D Animation & Visual Development|
|3D Animation for Film and Games|
|Acting for Stage and Screen|
|Advanced Arts & Entertainment Management|
|Applied Behaviour Analysis (Autism)|
|Arts – Creative Writing|
|Arts – English|
|Arts and Entertainment Management|
|College and University Preparation|
|Community Capacity Building|
|Community Leadership and Social Change|
|Conducting in Music|
|Costuming for Stage and Screen|
|Design in Visual Communication (IDEA program)|
|Early Childhood Care and Education|
|Early Childhood Care and Education – Infant and Toddler|
|Early Childhood Care and Education – Special Needs|
|Education and Employment Access|
|English for Academic Purposes 3|
|English for Academic Purposes 4|
|Global Hospitality & Tourism Management|
|Grip Work for Digital Imaging and Film|
|Health Care Assistant|
|Indigenous Digital Filmmaking|
|Jazz Studies – Education|
|Jazz Studies – Performance/Composition|
|Legal Administrative Assistant|
|Legal Studies (Paralegal)|
|Lighting for Digital Imaging and Film|
|Lil’wat Nation Language & Culture|
|Local Government Administration|
|Local Government Administration (Advanced)|
|Local Government Leadership Development|
|Motion Picture Arts|
|North American and International Management|
|North American Business Management|
|North American Business Management Applied|
|Outdoor Recreation Management|
|Retail Business Fundamentals|
|Science – Biology|
|Sechelt Nation Language and Culture|
|Tourism Management Co-operative Education|
|Tourism Management International|
|University One for Aboriginal Learners|
|Visual Effects for Film, Streaming & Immersive Media|
capilano university world ranking
Established in 1968, Capilano University is a non-profit public higher-education institution located in the suburban setting of the small city of North Vancouver (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), British Columbia. This institution also has branch campuses in the following locations: Squamish, Sechelt. Officially recognized by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training of British Columbia, Capilano University is a medium-sized (uniRank enrollment range: 6,000-6,999 students) coeducational Canadian higher education institution.
Capilano University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation), bachelor degrees in several areas of study. This 52 years old Canadian higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on students’ past academic record and grades. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment. Capilano University also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
|World Ranking||Continental Ranking||Country Rank||Impact||Openness||Excellence|
Acceptance rate & Admissions
|Admissions Requirements||Yes, based on students’ past academic record and grades|
|Full time employee||785|
capilano university admission requirements for international students
General admission requirements
Admission requirements vary by program but, at a minimum, most CapU programs require successful completion of:
- B.C. secondary school (Grade 12) or equivalent (B.C. Adult Dogwood Graduation Diploma or General Education Diploma). International students:
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 (60%) calculated on English Studies 12 or English 12 or English First Peoples 12 and two academic Grade 12 courses.
Once you are admitted, you may need to pass the English Diagnostic Test if you are taking English 100, or the Math Placement Test to gain admission to certain entry-level Math courses.
Is Capilano University Good?
Capilano University provides experiential learning and solid leadership that prepares graduate confidence to make an impact in the world. There are so many reasons to choose Capilano University. Here are some few reasons to choose CapU :
- A range of programs and study options: CapU offers a range of traditional programs including physics, philosophy, jazz studies, and motion arts, etc.
- Smaller Classes and Supportive Learning: Classes at CapU has 25 students average, so instructors give individualized attention to every student
- Real-world connections: CapU offers practical, hands-on learning experience in the form of co-op and work-practicum placements.
- International opportunities: Capilano University offers many opportunities to study abroad through semester-long international and short-term field schools across 18 countries
- The main campus opened its doors of learning to students in 1973
- CapU operates with four campus locations. The main campus is at North Vancouver, a regional campus in Sechelt (Sunshine coast), CapU Lonsdale in the North Shore, and the Ts̓zil Learning Center at Líl̓wat Nation in Mount Currie, British Columbia.
- CapU offers six men’s and women’s varsity sports teams to students.
- For students’ recreational activities, The Centre for Sport and Wellness offers a range of spaces and free services to students which include Lillooet Park, weight room, gymnasium, soccer field, pitch and putt, lockers, etc
- There are 36 student clubs open to students at Capilano University
- Capilano enrolls 12,700 students each year with international students being up to 2,500 in number.
- 88% of Capilano University’s library resources are digital. This encompasses articles, ebooks, and media.
- CapU offers students spaces to students in the CSU Maple Lounge and four libraries.
- The average class size at CapU is 25 students
- All of CapU residences are located off-campus as of 2020.
- There are three residence halls at CapU open to all students. They are Grouse Hall, Cypress Hall, and Seymour Hall.
- Room features include two twin size beds, drawer storage, two twin size mattresses, two desks with built-in shelving, two desk chairs, two closets, and a lockable drawer. These features are not totally available in apartment-style housings.
- Amenities within CapU housings include laundry, common washrooms, common lounge, showers, common spaces, kitchen, meal plans, and wireless internet
- CapU is constantly working on the residences to make sure that they are accessible to all types of students: disabled or not.
- Amenities close to CapU residences include grocery shops, coffee shops, restaurants, and social activities such as rock climbing and laser tag
- There are no special accommodations for LGBTQ students as all shared accommodations are only single-gender, however, CapU hopes to provide comfortable and safe accommodations to all students through the information they provide when applying for housing.
- There are 14 bachelor degree programs, seven associate degrees, 26 certificate programs, 29 diploma programs, one graduate certificate, two graduate diplomas, two pathways programs, one post-baccalaureate certificate, five post-baccalaureate diplomas, and two standalone courses.
- There are two pathways programs in Business Administration and Early Childhood Care and Education.
- There is a one-year Business Administration Certificate and a two-year Business Administration diploma as well as an eight-month ESL combined MBA pathway program.
- CapU also offers a two-year Tourism Management for International Students Diploma for international students.
- The school also offers 3D Animation for Film and Games and 2D Animation and Visual Development
Application portal for international students: Education Planner BC portal
Application fee for international students: 135 CAD
- Undergraduate: International Secondary School Equivalencies, High school transcripts, secondary education transcripts, English translations if documents are not in English, proof of English proficiency, audition (if applicable), and interview if required.
- Graduate: Bachelor degree, International Secondary School Equivalencies, High school transcripts, secondary education transcripts, English translations if documents are not in English, proof of English proficiency, letter of interest/intent, résumé/CV or summary of experience, audition (if applicable), and interview if required.
English Language Minimum Requirements
|Academic IELTS||6.5 overall, with no single score below 6|
|TOEFL||iBT: 83 paper test: 560|
|ELA (English Language Assessment Test)||145|
|CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test)||70|
Exceptions for English Language Minimum Requirements
- A minimum mark of 5 International Baccalaureate English Language A Higher Level
- The final score of C+ or higher and two years of high school in English 12 or English First Peoples 12 in Canada
- A minimum mark of 4 in Advanced Placement English Language/Composition or English Literature/Composition
- Completion of studies from a recognized degree program at an accredited university, where English is the primary language of instruction, and in a country where English is the principal language
- Completion of four or more years of study at an eligible international high school that English is the language of instruction, nevertheless, operates in a country where the primary language is not English
- Completion of four or more consecutive years of study of full-time education in English in Canada, or in a country other than Canada where English is the principal language,
- Applicants who completed studies in a degree program or graduated from a full-time four-year degree program in English in the countries listed in CapU’s English requirements website
Cost of Attendance
For international candidates aspiring to study at the university, it is mandatory to have an estimate of the cost of living in Canada to survive comfortably in a foreign land. The list of basic expenses to be considered for applying for admission at the institute is as detailed below.
|Fees (Estimate)||Amount per annum (CAD)|
|Books and supplies||1,000|
|Phone and Internet||1,300|
- Students above 65 years of age do not pay tuition fees at CapU
- CapU conducts audits on a minimum of 5% of scholarship applications
- Financial aids that international students qualify for are scholarships, grants, student jobs, and external aids
- Financial aid available to international students at CapU include:
- CIE International Student Scholarship: This award is exclusively for international students and it is by nomination. The amount varies and the applicant must have been enrolled in a post-secondary program at Capilano University or/and EAL pathway programs.
- Canadian Bureau for International Education scholarships: This organization offers varying scholarships such as Excellence Awards to deserving international students.
- International Student Entrance Award: With a varying amount, CapU awards this scholarship as an entrance award to support international students who were actively involved in their previous schools and who are currently positioned to be engaged members of the Capilano University community.
Alumni benefits include:
- Discounts on home and auto insurance at TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program
- Career Development Support
- Unique library access and services
- Global alumni networking, resources, events and awards
Notable alumni include:
- Nick Bateman -Canadian model
- Graham Wardle -Canadian Actor
- Rainer Andreesen –Artist
- Bria Skonberg –Jazz trumpeter
Capilano University Areas of Study/ Department
CapU offers individual attention and personalized learning to enhance their experience. The University offers a variety of programs from fine and applied arts to business, education, health, and community studies.CPU credentials will be recognized around the world. Below are the main areas of study available at CapU:
- Arts & Science
- Business & Professional Studies
- Education, Health & Human Development
- Fine & Applied Arts
- Global & Community Studies
Capilano University Student Services
Capilano University provides a wide range of student support services in the academic, campus community, and wellness. Some of the services are as mentioned below :
|Academic Advising||CapU Residence|
|Career Development Center||Athletics & Recreation|
|Center for Student Success||BlueShore Financial Center for the Performing Arts|
|CapU Library||New Student Orientation|
|Accessibility Services||Health & Counseling Services|
|Sunshine Coast Student Service||First Nation Student Service|
|Childcare||Safety & Security|
Capilano University Library:
This Library is students centered library that values inquiry, collaboration and, the importance of information. Available for students, faculty, and staff. It has various resources, services, and infrastructure to help students.
- Research Guides
- Study Areas & Bookable Rooms
- Printing & Copying
- Filming in the Library
- Course Reserve
- Book a Library Class
- Media services
Located in Vancouver, Capilano University is a teaching-focused university that prepares students to succeed in their career and lifelong pursuit of knowledge. It enrolls more than 12,000 students each year, 9000 in for-credit programs, closely 1200 in non-credit courses and 2500 international students.
|Student-Faculty Ratio25:1||Male-Female Ratio25:1|
|International Students2,070||Total Enrolment7,575|
For admission at Capilano University, the candidates will be required to have English language proficiency, official high school and university/college transcripts, supporting documents. Admission criteria include general admission requirements, as well as requirements for specialized programs. You can find the TOEFL and IELTS test scores details as mentioned below :23%
Accepts Direct Application
Accepts Common Application
Average Tuition Fees
CapU’s international student’s fee is $595.11 per credit. Tuition fees are comprised of the standard domestic tuition fee plus a surcharge. Some of the programs have particular tuition fees which vary from standard tuition cost. Find the average tuition fees of international students :
|Degree Type||Tuition Fees|
International students need to pay $135 for application. If you are applying online you pay the fee at that time. If you are applying by mail include the fee with your application. Below are the key dates of application at Capilano University :
|Application End Date||2020-04-18|
At Capilano University, other fees may include accommodation, food services, application fees, special service fees, and incidental fees. Special service fees like late registration fees, ESL placement test, Math placement test. Below are the fees details about accommodation and application : Average Annual Tuition Fees$ 19,276Average Accommodation$ 6,049Application Fees$ 135
CapU is home to more than 2500 international students from 80 countries around the world. The university is recognized by British Columbia’s Education Quality Assurance [EQA], which is Canada’s first and only provincial brand of quality for post-secondary education. The university provides individual attention and personalized learning to enhance their experience.
All Arts Design Music
Bachelor of Arts [B.A]
Course Fees: $13209 – $14293
Applied Behaviour Analysis – Autism Liberal Studies
Bachelor of Design [B.Des]
Course Fees: $13649
Bachelor of Music [B.Mus]
Course Fees: $8807 – $18555
Jazz Studies – Education Jazz Studies – Performance/Composition Music Therapy